Sign in to follow this  
FTOF

St.Mirren v Green Bigots

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Very strange comment.

You think Cammy would have been effective on the wing?

Apples and oranges sir.

I would have started Cammy for sure...
Ahead of McCarthy.

I guess Goodie was just being a bit more adventurous and positive than me.

I'm never going to criticise him for that.

Morias wasn't really on the wing, Playing more of a right sided midfielder considering the opposition. Would have preferred a midfielder who can attack, rather than a forward who doesn't or defend very well either.  Runs about, but bit of a headless chicken. Reminds me of Alex Bone.

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Here is the know it that knows f*** all, you really hate me taking the pi#s out of for your comments about the Hibs game start of last season and your opinion that Obika would outscore Thommo's SPL record for us.

2 and a bit seasons back in SPL we have won at only Hamilton and Motherwell(pre split) that is 10 teams that we haven't won against 11 if you include Hearts even although you are obviously a bit dim even you can work out that is sh**e.

Taking the piss ? Never happened. 

A victory at Tannadice on Saturday has just taken on a new interest for me.

10 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

So 7 games in we have played the top 3 which leaves 4 games 2 wins 1 draw from those games aye shows a really look of being grim 

Perhaps read the comment again. I said IF we lose on Saturday, that would be one point from 15 which In my opinion is rather grim. However that’s just my viewpoint, no need to agree.

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Very strange comment.

You think Cammy would have been effective on the wing?

Apples and oranges sir.

I would have started Cammy for sure...
Ahead of McCarthy.

I guess Goodie was just being a bit more adventurous and positive than me.

I'm never going to criticise him for that.

I was going to add that to my initial post. No McPherson wouldn't have been as effective down the wing but neither was Morais and he never has been. McPherson is a far better player and would have given us much more defensively and in midfield. We played the vast majority of the game in our half. I get why Morais started but for me he's a waste of a jersey. 

8 hours ago, truesaint said:

Morias wasn't really on the wing, Playing more of a right sided midfielder considering the opposition. Would have preferred a midfielder who can attack, rather than a forward who doesn't or defend very well either.  Runs about, but bit of a headless chicken. Reminds me of Alex Bone.

couldn't agree more

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Morais getting unfair stick tonight. Bar the first 20 minutes he did well given he was feeding off punts and had little support when countering. Connolly looks enthusiastic and persistent but he needs to be able to produce too but hard against the top teams. McAllister looks a shell of a player, think injuries are taking their toll. Overall the shape and discipline was better just lack that wee bit quality.

Possibly injuries. I also have a feeling its level he's playing at now that he just doesn't cut it. Made no impact at all at Derby. I know he had injuries there too but I'm not convinced that he's got it at the higher level. Very predictable and top level players have him in their pocket all the time. He looks good when we are dominating a game and their is a lot of space for him. At Premiership level we aren't dominating any game and he just looks ineffective.

10 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Morias was gash half the time he spent in the middle of the park if not leaving space doen their left to attack he was chasing shadows. Early doors 2nd half played a ball straight out the park to a seat in the stand then hits a long diagonal to Erwin i the box tohalf an inch from bye line never a forward and certainly not a winger/wide man in a 5. Erwin n Obika are different styles of player were you slating him last season after his goals 

No they aren't ?

Its just that Erwin is better. Erwin scored a goal last night that is typical of Obika. He is way more physical also.

Pity Dennis got injured. Like to see more of him partnered with Erwin.

Hopefully now Obika comes to the party with a bit of competition for his place

Edited by lenziebud

6 hours ago, lenziebud said:

We are well capable of winning at Tannadice on Sat and should be looking to do so.

Not according to Ronald- if he's to be believed,  we're never going to win away again. 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:06 AM, lenziebud said:

I was going to add that to my initial post. No McPherson wouldn't have been as effective down the wing but neither was Morais and he never has been. McPherson is a far better player and would have given us much more defensively and in midfield. We played the vast majority of the game in our half. I get why Morais started but for me he's a waste of a jersey. 

As much as I want to see him succeed, his problem since he arrived here is that he's just too eager to impress and that means he has no composure on the ball. It's very frustrating to watch. If he could just calm down a bit he'd be a great player.