Stubbs

No no no Stubbs had no idea

As much as I don’t like Alan Stubbs he has a point about Tony Fitzpatrick. I like Tony but we have struggled in the past 2 seasons and unless we make at least 3 big name signings this season will be much the same as the 2 previous seasons, struggling in the bottom 4.
No no no Stubbs either was not aware or just disrespectful of the history of our great club I am 75 and fortunate enough to have watched us lift major trophies and competed in Europe and of course had a great season early eighties finishing third in the top league broke the Scottish transfer record to sign McDougall from the Bankies no-one will ever convince me Well and Killie are bigger clubs than us and then of course you have Livi having a great finish last season on a lesser budget than us a club who barely sell 1000 season tickets quite simply Stubbs made an usher hash of things his signings mostly were awful and of course we paid £75k for Heaton who couldn't even perform well against amateur opposition in the League Cup and I believe is now back working on a building suite notice Stubbs never even mentioned that why the BBC gave him s platform to talk bollocks was out of order.

Stubbs signed shite players on 2 and 3 year deals which we were still paying off years after the charlatan left. And don't get me started on our most expensive signing in decades who now can't get a game anywhere. No surprise we have struggled with a player budget since he left.

9 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Nothing wrong with Tony being ambitious.

The players will have the same ambitions.

They know that if they were to achieve the top six with St. Mirren, and enjoy being here, they would earn more money.  

I'd imagine all of our squad will believe that they can achieve a top six finish.

Whether that belief is maintained throughout the season remains to be seen.

If our CEO doesn't think we are capable of finishing in the top 6 then we would have a major problem.

Tony is absolutely right to have said what he said. Its not fairytale ambition to say we can finish in the top 6 when smaller clubs than us like Killie, Livi and Motherwell done it last year.

And don’t even get me started on Darren feckin Jackson........

When the team were warming up at Tynecastle, Jackson said something to Cammy Smith who said something back. Jackson then grabbed him by the neck. I would have sacked the c**t for that. Horrible individual who should never have been allowed near our club.

4 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

When the team were warming up at Tynecastle, Jackson said something to Cammy Smith who said something back. Jackson then grabbed him by the neck. I would have sacked the c**t for that. Horrible individual who should never have been allowed near our club.

Bet the c**t wouldnae have grabbed Gary Mac or Bairdy by the neck.

Cowardly f**ker. 

• 7 months later...

Stubbs has made a real tit of himself these past few days

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/alan-stubbs-slammed-by-former-st-mirren-chairman-over-pathetic-top-six-jibe-3174718

Alan Stubbs slammed by former St Mirren chairman over 'pathetic' top six jibe

Hopefully with his childish behaviour he is toxic now and will get punted from any

managerial and pundit jobs in Scotland.

Edited by renfrew156

Aye, he'd probably get banned from this forum, imagine what a walloper he'd be to get that treatment. :lol:

Behave yerself. :byebye

24 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

Stubbs has made a real tit of himself these past few days

Hopefully with his childish behaviour he is toxic now and will get punted from any

managerial and pundit jobs in Scotland.

22 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

Stubbs was probably the worst manager in Our history, not for the results but for destroying the feel good factor amongst the players and the fans in record speed and making crap signings! However if you throw abuse at him don’t be surprised when he reacts. 

He professes to be a so called expert pundit, by using the language he did on his twitter

account he showed himself to be a small minded, childish, vindictive man, his integrity

is severely called in to question by responding in the manner he did.

34 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

He professes to be a so called expert pundit, by using the language he did on his twitter

account he showed himself to be a small minded, childish, vindictive man, his integrity

is severely called in to question by responding in the manner he did.

Yes no doubt he should not have responded like that but the person who posted that wants to have a word with themselves too.