Sign in to follow this  
lugton

St Mirren In Positive News Shock

36 minutes ago, munoz said:

6 of the 7 are now negative according to Talk Sport. 

Sounds like the testing system is definitely flawed. 

If the false positives are now negative.......could the retests be false negatives?

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

If the false positives are now negative.......could the retests be false negatives?

Not likely. It's being reported that there is one positive test in amongst the seven which suggests that the 2nd batch of tests have been accurate.

If all 7 came back negative, I'd have agreed false negatives could be possible.

59 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

What's the latest on the Livi game?

Depends whether the individual that tested positive has had close contact with the players or not.

If they have, then it looks like the team members need to isolate for 14 days and the game will be postponed.

http://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect/pages/advice-for-employers/

image.png.8d3a7e3c6c0e94d27edbc09e489c671c.png

image.png.906d1f62f026ebe69d81285b0892948d.png

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Depends whether the individual that tested positive has had close contact with the players or not.

If they have, then it looks like the team members need to isolate for 14 days and the game will be postponed.

http://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect/pages/advice-for-employers/

image.png.8d3a7e3c6c0e94d27edbc09e489c671c.png

image.png.906d1f62f026ebe69d81285b0892948d.png

I thought the once (now twice) a week testing negated the need for a full two weeks of self isolation as long as you draw up a negative test.

Self isolation is a precautionary measure in the absence of the facility to be tested to check if you have it or not.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Actually yes. It is entirely possible to have false negative tests as well as false positives.

No idea what those two probabilities will be though.

BTW you have the same thing with cancer tests as well.

6 false positives highlights that the testing is complete junk and test and trace a total waste of time.

At the virtually negligible prevalence levels in the U.K., a single positive like is likely to be a false positive.

Total nonsense.

Lets ditch the testing, lift all restrictions and just let folk get on with their lives. 

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought the once (now twice) a week testing negated the need for a full two weeks of self isolation as long as you draw up a negative test.

Self isolation is a precautionary measure in the absence of the facility to be tested to check if you have it or not.

Yeah.

Might be different rules for football.

The last contact date below may well negate any requirement for a 14 day isolation period.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3724-club-statement-covid-19-testing-update

"The remaining member of the coaching staff has confirmed as a positive test result and continues to be in strict isolation and has not come into contact with any member the playing or coaching staff since Saturday 18th July. The club will continue to support and look after this staff member to ensure a full recovery.

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We have been very lucky not to have seen spread with a member of staff actually confirmed as positive also highlights that this virus is still very much around. I wonder how many clubs are using the same private testing firms ?

All SPFL clubs apart from Celtic and Ross County are using the same facility in England to test the samples.

50 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

6 false positives highlights that the testing is complete junk and test and trace a total waste of time.

At the virtually negligible prevalence levels in the U.K., a single positive like is likely to be a false positive.

Total nonsense.

Lets ditch the testing, lift all restrictions and just let folk dice with their lives. 

:unsure:

Shows you how fragile the restart is going to be.

We're a week away from kick off and we have six false positives and a confirmed case of COVID, albeit asymptomatic by the sounds of it.

Were the false positives our fault or the labs?

You've also got Rangers, Hibs and Motherwell all getting a doing from the league for not following the process correctly.

Good testing is vital to ensuring the league gets back up and running and stays that way!

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I really would like to know the stats from these tests.

85.7%   false result.  14.3%  positive(but no certain).  As for everyone else who has be tested, I don't know. :wink:

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

What's the latest on the Livi game?

As far as I’m aware it’s still on, the weekend friendly has been cancelled though, I’m not sure how it works now regards testing, if everyone has to quarantine or just the person who has tested. 

Maybe its just as well that fans aren't back in the ground at the moment as it looks like there may be a lot of postponed and delayed games at least at the beginning of the season anyway until we get the testing right.

The Rangers Motherwell game  was postponed 2 hours the other night with less than an hour to go as the tests hadn't come back on time. It wasn't an issue really as it was only the 2 clubs delayed but could you imagine if there were 50k people in the ground at the time?

Same with our now postponed game on Saturday. I can see this happening a lot in the first month or so at least. 

Edited by LargsBud

As far as I am aware, the information that I posted earlier as per the government guidelines, is that it should be a 14 day self-isolation period, from the time of last contact with a person who has tested positive, even if testing is in place. 

Even if you test negative for COVID-19 or feel healthy, you should stay home (quarantine) since symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus.

It's explained well on the CDC website.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html

Might be interesting, todays Radio Scotland Fitba Podcast...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08lqnzp

Erm no, they weren't sure whether Saints would be eligible to play against Livi next weekend and they had no idea about which way the arbitration panel might jump but suggested that Dundee's missing vote might be significant.

Edited by Bud the Baker

It wouldn't surprise me if the single remaining positive case turned out to be a second false positive and that we actually had no cases of this at all.
I really would like to know the stats from these tests.
Wasn't the positive confirmed via an NHS test rather than the private provider ?

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As far as I am aware, the information that I posted earlier as per the government guidelines, is that it should be a 14 day self-isolation period, from the time of last contact with a person who has tested positive, even if testing is in place. 

It's explained well on the CDC website.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html

That doesn't make sense.

If you're testing for the virus, you're testing for the presence of it. Not for the presence of symptoms or how you feel.

People who never experience a symptom can and will still test positive if it is in their system. There is absolutely no logic behind the statement 'even if you test negative, still self isolate as it may appear a few days later'. Regardless of symptoms, it's either present in the test or it's not and that should be the long and short of it.