Sign in to follow this  
lugton

St Mirren In Positive News Shock

38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That doesn't make sense.

If you're testing for the virus, you're testing for the presence of it. Not for the presence of symptoms or how you feel.

People who never experience a symptom can and will still test positive if it is in their system. There is absolutely no logic behind the statement 'even if you test negative, still self isolate as it may appear a few days later'. Regardless of symptoms, it's either present in the test or it's not and that should be the long and short of it.

It is important to note that if you were a contact to a suspected or positive case when you were tested you should remain in quarantine for the full 14 days even if your test comes back negative. This is because the incubation period for the virus can be up to 14 days and unless you were tested on the 14th day from your exposure, a negative test earlier in the quarantine period does not mean you are not infected.

Think this explains it more clearly.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
4 hours ago, oaksoft said:
It wouldn't surprise me if the single remaining positive case turned out to be a second false positive and that we actually had no cases of this at all.
I really would like to know the stats from these tests.

Wasn't the positive confirmed via an NHS test rather than the private provider ?

No idea but I assume the test is the same regardless of who does it.

I think there are clearly problems in terms of false positives and negatives. I read somewhere that it's around 20%. If that is true then multiple false positives are a distinct possibility.

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Sounds like game may be cancelled next week. Confirms my decision on not buying a season ticket. May consider it once crowds allowed back. Last two seasons of poor football make it easier as well of course.

Following St Johnstone cant be much fun. 

I think there are clearly problems in terms of false positives and negatives. I read somewhere that it's around 20%. If that is true then multiple false positives are a distinct possibility.
I read today it's under 1% via NHS testing. These private tests are apparently wide open to contamination in a process that seems to involve samples being sent to Labs in England. Also depends on the environment the club are carrying out the tests in.

Sounds like game may be cancelled next week. Confirms my decision on not buying a season ticket. May consider it once crowds allowed back. Last two seasons of poor football make it easier as well of course.
Every single report I have seen says it's not in doubt at this time , another Shull alias???

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Not really, whatever that means. It now appears the tests were wrong, so who knows what happens next. Only certainty is that we won’t be able to attend.

Get yourself a season ticket shaint, and you can watch it inbetween hires.

Guest TPAFKATS
It’s likely more entertaining than watching us I imagine.
Really? You've obviously not seen much of St. Johnstone

Guest TPAFKATS
As far as I am aware, the information that I posted earlier as per the government guidelines, is that it should be a 14 day self-isolation period, from the time of last contact with a person who has tested positive, even if testing is in place. 
Even if you test negative for COVID-19 or feel healthy, you should stay home (quarantine) since symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus.
It's explained well on the CDC website.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html

CDC is an American gov organisation

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I read today it's under 1% via NHS testing. These private tests are apparently wide open to contamination in a process that seems to involve samples being sent to Labs in England. Also depends on the environment the club are carrying out the tests in.

Yep and to be fair I think the 20% thing I read was out of date a little.

I have to say though that 1% is suspiciously low.

Edited by oaksoft

Jason Leitch on Off the Ball:

The +ve individual at SMFC will have been interviewed (confidentially by an NHS employee) about their contacts. Anyone they've had contact with, including SMFC players, will be told to stay at home for 14 days.

The good news though is that clubs are / should be enforcing strict separation between players and backroom staff. As a result, he would be "very, very surprised" if the infected individual had been within 2 metres of a player.

Doesn't think there will be any problem with the start of the season going ahead next week.

7 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Jason Leitch on Off the Ball:

The +ve individual at SMFC will have been interviewed (confidentially by an NHS employee) about their contacts. Anyone they've had contact with, including SMFC players, will be told to stay at home for 14 days.

The good news though is that clubs are / should be enforcing strict separation between players and backroom staff. As a result, he would be "very, very surprised" if the infected individual had been within 2 metres of a player.

Doesn't think there will be any problem with the start of the season going ahead next week.

Jamie Langfield mentioned on twitter earlier that they have the all clear to go back to work on Monday. Good news all round.