So Farewell Then Olivia de Haviland...

Bud the Baker

...died aged 104. One of the last stars from Hollywood's Golden Era, most famous for her antebellum roles especially Gone with the Wind and viewed through a different lens the 70s mega-series Roots - RIP.

My favourite film of Miss deHavilland's is the Southern Gothic movie Hush,Hush Sweet Charlotte directed by Robert Aldritch in which she stars opposite Bette Davis (who unusually for this combination was the goodie) - if you like your movies VeryOldSkool with lots of overacting then this is the one for you, it deserves a reshow on TV in tribute to her.

As well as being an acclaimed actress she was a big fitba' fan which in why I placed the thread in the Forum! :whistle

Edited by Bud the Baker

28 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

...died aged 104. One of the last stars from Hollywood's Golden Era, most famous for her antebellum roles especially Gone with the Wind and viewed through a different lens the 70s mega-series Roots - RIP.

My favourite film of Miss deHavilland's is the Southern Gothic movie Hush,Hush Sweet Charlotte directed by Robert Aldritch in which she stars opposite Bette Davis (who unusually for this combination was the goodie) - if you like your movies VeryOldSkool with lots of overacting then this is the one for you, it deserves a reshow on TV in tribute to her.

As well as being an acclaimed actress she was a big fitba' fan which in why I placed the thread in the Forum! :whistle

Aye, Olivia could schwally her Bovril like few others!

I recall a Sleety midweek match at Boghead v the Buddies at which she consumed 1 pie and 5 Bovril!

Mad for it, she was.