Hugh McLaughlin RIP

I have just heard the sad news, that my Dads team mate, and lifelong friend at St Mirren has passed away.

I don’t have much detail, and don’t want to overstep the mark, incase he has any family members on here, who would rather choose what they want public and what not.

Heart felt sympathy and thoughts to his family........

RIP Uncle Hughie

2 hours ago, cambiebud said:

Hugh was in the team when I started going to games as a child and was in The Alex Wright Champions Team. RIP

19 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

Very sad - part of that great team from late sixties 

My Auld man was Captain

Very sad news Great player in my earliest St Mirren supporting days  Always remember Hugh for being sent off against sellic in the league cup semi final 

8323FE1E-1F24-4294-8AAC-C1E105E25960.jpeg.38fa90e8958f7eb266c9a7d79671bfe0.jpeg

Hugh never got the credit he deserved. Very versatile player who at one time , when Peter Kane was injured , was played at No9 for a wee while , and scored goals for fun. Looking back , I always wondered why they didn’t persist with him up front . As for the LC Semi , he was stitched up that night. Celtic we’re struggling before Hughie was sent off , still 0-0. Then Archie Knox scored a perfectly good goal and was ruled offside. Late in the game we tired with the 10 men and conceded 3 in about 10 mins.

12 minutes ago, billyg said:

As for the LC Semi , he was stitched up that night. Celtic we’re struggling before Hughie was sent off , still 0-0. Then Archie Knox scored a perfectly good goal and was ruled offside. Late in the game we tired with the 10 men and conceded 3 in about 10 mins.

Nothing changes, eh?

Edited by saint in exile
to clarify

22 minutes ago, billyg said:

Hugh never got the credit he deserved. Very versatile player who at one time , when Peter Kane was injured , was played at No9 for a wee while , and scored goals for fun. Looking back , I always wondered why they didn’t persist with him up front . As for the LC Semi , he was stitched up that night. Celtic we’re struggling before Hughie was sent off , still 0-0. Then Archie Knox scored a perfectly good goal and was ruled offside. Late in the game we tired with the 10 men and conceded 3 in about 10 mins.

3 goals in 4 mins Billy round about the hour mark.

Just catching up with this sad news, Hugh was most definitely an integral part of that championship winning team, I never realized that he and Bobby didn't get medals how bizarre is that different times but weird? in truth this is the team that I saw play more than any other they all to this day hold so many very special memories to me. Sadly another passes but in the annals of saints memorabilia they will never be forgotten as the champions and record setter they where and are. Condolences to the family God bless.