Welcome Marcus Fraser

Guest TPAFKATS

Marcus Fraser is a legend!

My brother and I used to have season tickets, but gave them up when my son was born as I couldn't justify going on a Saturday.

My son is old enough and decided this season he wanted to go, so my brother, my son and I got season tickets again.

We got selected in the ballot to go to the Hearts game where my son said his favourite players were Main and Fraser. Said his most favourite was Fraser.

After the game he said he wanted boots like Fraser wore in the game. I hunted high and low on the internet to find them to see if did kids sizes, to find nothing.

I contacted the club to see if they could help me figure out the model. They said they spoke to him, where he said they were old and no longer can get them online.

Yesterday a package came for my son with the boots in it with his name on them and Marcus' autograph. He was over the moon.

I contacted him directly to thank him. He was so nice to respond and when speaking to the club they said it was all Marcus' idea.

Solid player and a true gent. I just wanted to share a positive since there has been a lot of negative about the club.

3 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

My brother and I used to have season tickets, but gave them up when my son was born as I couldn't justify going on a Saturday.

My son is old enough and decided this season he wanted to go, so my brother, my son and I got season tickets again.

We got selected in the ballot to go to the Hearts game where my son said his favourite players were Main and Fraser. Said his most favourite was Fraser.

After the game he said he wanted boots like Fraser wore in the game. I hunted high and low on the internet to find them to see if did kids sizes, to find nothing.

I contacted the club to see if they could help me figure out the model. They said they spoke to him, where he said they were old and no longer can get them online.

Yesterday a package came for my son with the boots in it with his name on them and Marcus' autograph. He was over the moon.

I contacted him directly to thank him. He was so nice to respond and when speaking to the club they said it was all Marcus' idea.

Solid player and a true gent. I just wanted to share a positive since there has been a lot of negative about the club.

Brilliant 👏 Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Aye but were they the right size? 😀

4 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Class 👏

10 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

This is the kind of thing that can keep kids interested enough to be fans for life.

More should be made of this, local press involvement maybe? 

Edited by faraway saint

This is the kind of thing that can keep kids interested enough to be fans for life.

For his football team he now wants to wear number 22 because of it all too.

Marcus Didn't need to do anything. Didn't even need to reply to me directly when I tracked him down on social media to thank him. He is a true gentleman.

It’s a great gesture and story like you say.

Makes a nice change to get a ‘Boot in a box’ from the club compared to the recent ‘boot in the stones’ they’ve been dishing out [emoji3]

Must admit when I saw someone was posting on this topic again my heart sank. Was Marcus injured?Had another club came in for him? Had he asked to leave? Thankfully none of these and to read the story has made my day and it's not even 9am. well done Marcus and thanks for sharing your story Mainstand Sweary Mob

2 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Must admit when I saw someone was posting on this topic again my heart sank. Was Marcus injured?Had another club came in for him? Had he asked to leave? Thankfully none of these and to read the story has made my day and it's not even 9am. well done Marcus and thanks for sharing your story Mainstand Sweary Mob

Same here. I was already preparing my 'f**k off Jack Ross' response.

Lovely story; what a gent.

Great story. And just confirms everything we've seen from Marcus since he joined the club. Always 100% committed to the club on and off the field. A model professional!

As others have said, it's gestures like this that make a supporter for life.

Hope your youngster enjoys wearing the boots. He'll remember how he got them for many years.

COYS!!

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4768-marcus-fraser-agrees-contract-extension-2

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to confirm that Marcus Fraser has agreed a two-year extension to his contract which keeps him tied to the club until June 2025.

Greg Kilite, FFS.

Vacancy at the SMiSA Stadium for a spell checker ?