14 September Indicative Return

This has been on my mind for a while AS as to when we would get back, I also assume season ticket holders may get priority, I’m guessing we have sold 2 - 3 thousand, so wonder how that might work with ratios / social distancing criteria. Just hope we can get back by that date!!

This has been on my mind for a while AS as to when we would get back, I also assume season ticket holders may get priority, I’m guessing we have sold 2 - 3 thousand, so wonder how that might work with ratios / social distancing criteria. Just hope we can get back by that date!!
With SD at a meter I would hope we could get all ST holders in although obviously not all in their purchased seats which will prove problematic for a few on here no doubr

28 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Bit hard on some.  I for one go to all the games and the only reason I don't buy season ticket is because my son is in Aberdeen but likes to go to matches when down the road. 

Bit hard on some.  I for one go to all the games and the only reason I don't buy season ticket is because my son is in Aberdeen but likes to go to matches when down the road. 

Fair point indeed, I worked up there for years and missed my fair share of games (mainly midweek) meaning my daughter couldn’t attend either. Furthermore the club needs the additional revenue from non season ticket supporters so hopefully a solution can be found to get as many buddies in as possible.

Just throwing this out there, could we exclude away fans meaning we use the away stand?

The most obvious problem wouldn't be about where people sit. I think that with just season ticket holders that could easily be done.

The concern for the government and clubs will probably be people congregating in stairwells and squeezing past each other for toilets. I have a strong suspicion that they'll enforce masks as well to get 1m distancing.

This is obviously going to be dragged out interminably but at least there are signs of movement I suppose.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, smcc said:

And who would pay the rent and the stewarding costs?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/spfl-ready-to-use-hampden-to-get-more-fans-into-games-when-crowds-return-39281571.html

Doncaster told Sky Sports: “We’ve got a number of really big stadia across Scotland that may be able to be used by clubs if that’s what they want to do.

“We don’t yet know what the arrangements might be to enable fans back into stadia but it’s likely that there’s going to be some form of social distancing required at least in the early stages and clearly the bigger stadia that you’ve got to play with the easier that will be.

“There is a huge amount of discussions going on, we’ve got a number of really first-rate stadia in Scotland in addition to Murrayfield and Hampden Park, clearly Ibrox and Celtic Park, they are really big stadia that will certainly enable social distancing to be conducted if that is what needs to be done.

“I certainly like the idea of creative thinking to help clubs get fans back into stadia as soon as they safely can.

“So if there are larger stadia out there that are typically larger than clubs’ usual attendances that are going to help with social distancing, then that can only be part of a very positive solution.”

Weird source but was the first I found - discussions have already taken place

56 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Fair point indeed, I worked up there for years and missed my fair share of games (mainly midweek) meaning my daughter couldn’t attend either. Furthermore the club needs the additional revenue from non season ticket supporters so hopefully a solution can be found to get as many buddies in as possible.

Just throwing this out there, could we exclude away fans meaning we use the away stand?

Absolutely, this would be a measure to discourage unnecessary travel and not one intended to disadvantage visiting teams.

Banging an old drum here...
But every time I mentioned the benefits of non seat specific season tickets, I was shot down in flames and rounded upon by the "my seat" brigade who just refused to see the bigger picture or how we were restricting our own growth of fanbase.

How is that working for the "my seat" brigade now?

Suck it up buttercups.

Shame it has taken something like this for you to see the bigger picture!

Non seat specific season tickets!
The way forward.

This is when one wished they had one of those bigger half empty stadiums. :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Banging an old drum here...
But every time I mentioned the benefits of non seat specific season tickets, I was shot down in flames and rounded upon by the "my seat" brigade who just refused to see the bigger picture or how we were restricting our own growth of fanbase.

Suck it up buttercups.

The way forward.

Not often I disagree with you BiK, you being a sensible poster, but here we go .......

Attending a football match is about more than sitting on your arse for a couple of hours watching whatever happens on the green bit. It's a social event too. You meet your mates that you haven't seen for a couple of weeks and talk pish to one another while the game takes place. That's why seat allocation is important. 

I'm not dissing your viewpoint but I can't agree with it.

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Not often I disagree with you BiK, you being a sensible poster, but here we go .......

Attending a football match is about more than sitting on your arse for a couple of hours watching whatever happens on the green bit. It's a social event too. You meet your mates that you haven't seen for a couple of weeks and talk pish to one another while the game takes place. That's why seat allocation is important. 

Wilbur... I totally agree.

Now... if my Brother in law visits Paisley, I take him to the football... only problem is all the seats around us are full so we cannot sit together or have to move and hope we are not in "someone's seat". We once had to move at 3.15pm for a late arrival who wanted his seat!

Don't get me wrong... I too like to sit is the same seat/area alongside the folks I have come to know.

I don't see how that isn't still possible! 

If in a group, one person gets there early and says "that seat is taken mate". Problem solved.

We regularly filled the away stand at Falkirk... one of the best away days out... despite unreserved seating! How was that possible?

Unreserved seating actually makes it easier for groups of friends to sit together and to grow the fanbase in that way.

Anyway... my point wasn't to repeat something I have advocated for years... it was to highlight the sheer irony that all those who have bought season tickets will almost certainly not get "their seat" initially! Bet they survive the experience without too much psychological harm.

Edited by BuddieinEK

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can I also thank you for possibly the most polite and constructive disagreement I have ever seen on this forum sir!

Should be on a forum training page!

I seldom post these days as people with your manners are in a minority!

Maybe there is hope after all. Thank you.

Banging an old drum here...But every time I mentioned the benefits of non seat specific season tickets, I was shot down in flames and rounded upon by the "my seat" brigade who just refused to see the bigger picture or how we were restricting our own growth of fanbase.

Suck it up buttercups.

The way forward.

Has anyone been bleating ? I think while pointing it out most folk realise that for this season a seat will be a seat. Might not even get sitting in your own stand never mind seat. I will look forward to returning to mine when this is over but not concerned at all about sitting randomly if that is the situation.  

BTW would rather watch CD streaming than play our home games at another stadium, get that pish in the sea right now.

Has anyone been bleating ? I think while pointing it out most folk realise that for this season a seat will be a seat. Might not even get sitting in your own stand never mind seat. I will look forward to returning to mine when this is over but not concerned at all about sitting randomly if that is the situation.  BTW would rather watch CD streaming than play our home games at another stadium, get that pish in the sea right now.

Not yet... You don't expect any whinging?

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
Has anyone been bleating ? I think while pointing it out most folk realise that for this season a seat will be a seat. Might not even get sitting in your own stand never mind seat. I will look forward to returning to mine when this is over but not concerned at all about sitting randomly if that is the situation.  BTW would rather watch CD streaming than play our home games at another stadium, get that pish in the sea right now.

Not yet... You don't expect any whinging?

I suspect that the majority of fans that get into the ground will just be thankful that they're in the stadium, no matter where they're sitting.

That's certainly the case for me.

If every 2nd seat is empty, then 4000 could get entry with everybody having to wear a mask.

Since we don't have 4000 season ticket holders, tickets could be available for other saints fans.

I don't think away fans will get entry in September. since the Gov won't want large numbers of fans traveling long distances on buses,

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't think away fans will get entry in September. since the Gov won't want large numbers of fans traveling long distances on buses,

The ugly sisters have both probably enough supporters each from Paisley to fill the away stand. :angry: