14 September Indicative Return

Unsurprisingly but just as pathetically the BBC are already taking the line that it's all about the date if the OF game in October rather than the 14 September. As long as fans are allowed for that fixture that's all that matters basically. If there is a media driven frenzy holding the OF game line then I can easily see the SG pushing back beyond the date of that game given all the shite that surrounds that fixture which would no doubt be magnified given the limited amount allowed in putting more strain / spotlight onto the hospitality sector that they can well do without.

I cannot wait to get back to the football with my son, I miss it so much, it’s not just the match, it’s the anticipation, walking up to the stadium etc. I hope we are in sooner than later and would hope again that the club are working up scenarios for our safe return.

If we get this right - everybody wins (fans get back = revenue for club).

It will cost the club more to put a game on with fans than behind closed doors, so because of that some PATG might have to happen for the club to cover the extra cost. 

Maybe away fans will be allowed to help to cover the cost. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It will cost the club more to put a game on with fans than behind closed doors, so because of that some PATG might have to happen for the club to cover the extra cost. 

Maybe away fans will be allowed to help to cover the cost. 

If it’s only 20% of the stadium that can be used then it’ll be season tickets only.Cant see away fans getting any tickets for any game.

Just now, HSS said:

If it’s only 20% of the stadium that can be used then it’ll be season tickets only.Cant see away fans getting any tickets for any game.

I was thinking a small number just to help with the cost. 

Whatever happen, they will be unhappy fans. 

Maybe half the season ticket holders for 1 game and the other half for the next home game.

Glad it not me having to decide. 

Season ticket holders given first priority

Members of travel clubs given second priority

Shareholders given third priority

Smisa members given fourth priority

Open sale given fifth priority

Free tickets for key workers given sixth priority

Random people given seventh priority

Premium Smisa members given eighth priority**

Taxi drivers called Shull given lowest priority after every thinkable/made up category

*Note:- You automatically default to your highest category.   Travel clubs can submit lists of its members and "invites" sent out after the season ticket holder round of allocation.   

**These people do NOT default to the highest priority

Theatres say their reopening this weekend in England is based on 33% capacity with SD. Can't see the need for anything worse outdoors. That said the SRU trial at Murrayfield is now limited to 700 which seems pretty pointless. Trials need to be beefed up to actually test what is being permitted otherwise they will be useless. 700 for trial 1 ok but let's get more realistic quickly to be as prepared as possible.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Maybe half the season ticket holders for 1 game and the other half for the next home game.

What about the supporters that pay for every home game and not STH's. :(    I buy my ticket on line every home game and sit on a seat of my choosing.  

1 hour ago, pod said:

What about the supporters that pay for every home game and not STH's. :(    I buy my ticket on line every home game and sit on a seat of my choosing.  

The way I see it (and it makes no difference to me as I fit neither category) is that STHs pledge their cash to the Club up front which for obvious reasons will be highly beneficial to the club. You choose for reasons or convenience best known to you, to pledge your cash to the club on a week to week basis, which is still obviously hugely beneficial to the club, but arguably slightly less so.

So, in the highly unenviable position of the club having to make a very difficult decision, I could understand why preference would be given to STHs over fans in your category. 

According to some (most) ST holders on here, they bought the ST to help support the club financially. The club already have that money and it will cost the club if only ST holders are allowed in as there will be no extra income, only outlay. So, if ST holders really want to support the club financially, they should give up their attendance and allow only "pay at the gate" customers in, therefore maximising the clubs income per home game.

Or maybe they don't want the club to maximise its income and would, in this case, be selfish and demand their own attendance first, therefore costing the club money.

Just a thought. :whistle

This thread will be fun when we find out who is in, and who is out for the 1st game   :lol:

For what it is worth, if i am allowed to attend the Killie game on the 26th September, i will give up my (sell  :rolleyes:) seat to someone else since i hope to be arriving home from Portugal that day  😎

According to some (most) ST holders on here, they bought the ST to help support the club financially. The club already have that money and it will cost the club if only ST holders are allowed in as there will be no extra income, only outlay. So, if ST holders really want to support the club financially, they should give up their attendance and allow only "pay at the gate" customers in, therefore maximising the clubs income per home game.

Or maybe they don't want the club to maximise its income and would, in this case, be selfish and demand their own attendance first, therefore costing the club money.

Just a thought. default_whistling.gif
I like your progressive thinking!

But can I get my ex seat of 9 years?
I like it! [emoji23][emoji850][emoji12]

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The way I see it (and it makes no difference to me as I fit neither category) is that STHs pledge their cash to the Club up front which for obvious reasons will be highly beneficial to the club. You choose for reasons or convenience best known to you, to pledge your cash to the club on a week to week basis, which is still obviously hugely beneficial to the club, but arguably slightly less so.

So, in the highly unenviable position of the club having to make a very difficult decision, I could understand why preference would be given to STHs over fans in your category. 

The point is that pod pays more to watch Saints over a season than STHs do and yet finds himself behind them in the queue for everything.

You'd think that a fancy dancy super duper computer system would be capable of ordering customers by amount spent and that those at the top should be given the same privileges of STHs for the following season. If there ever was such a thing as a coding change requiring just an hour to implement, that would be it.

The point is that pod pays more to watch Saints over a season than STHs do and yet finds himself behind them in the queue for everything.
You'd think that a fancy dancy super duper computer system would be capable of ordering customers by amount spent and that those at the top should be given the same privileges of STHs for the following season. If there ever was such a thing as a coding change requiring just an hour to implement, that would be it.
Despite having had a season ticket for decades prior to this season, I totally agree.

The club historically could have argued that they could rely on ST sales but not on people turning up on the day... But given the system for buying tickets, it should be very easy to reward fans like Pod who invested more in watching the team than any season ticket holder.

Just now, Long John Baldy said:

The point is that ST holders pay upfront, Pod, might, or might not, turn up therefore his spend is unknown.

That's why I said that privileges should be rewarded for the following season. That way they KNOW he's paid more than a STH for the previous season.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Despite having had a season ticket for decades prior to this season, I totally agree.

The club historically could have argued that they could rely on ST sales but not on people turning up on the day... But given the system for buying tickets, it should be very easy to reward fans like Pod who invested more in watching the team than any season ticket holder.

If my business should that I was rewarding second tier spenders like STHs instead of the highest spenders, I'd be very anxious to rectify that immediately. I just don't understand some business owners at all.

Just now, Long John Baldy said:

Hello, I turn up with my pocket full of cash, pay my money.............................how do you know who I am and how many games I attend?

Asking for a friend. 

I'm not dignifying that with an answer. Did you not get my last post?

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

So you don't have an answer.....................thanks, thought so. :byebye

Exactly.

You were supposed to say "Why not" and then I was going to say "Because I can't think of one" but you are a bit slow for that level of quality banter.