14 September Indicative Return

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The point is that pod pays more to watch Saints over a season than STHs do and yet finds himself behind them in the queue for everything.

You'd think that a fancy dancy super duper computer system would be capable of ordering customers by amount spent and that those at the top should be given the same privileges of STHs for the following season. If there ever was such a thing as a coding change requiring just an hour to implement, that would be it.

Yes Oaky, but Pod pays a premium for his preferred option of deferring his contributions to the club. That’s fair surely?

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

It will cost the club more to put a game on with fans than behind closed doors, so because of that some PATG might have to happen for the club to cover the extra cost. 

Maybe away fans will be allowed to help to cover the cost. 

I can see all clubs extending their dodgy streaming services on a pay per view basis for those who aren't season ticket holders, or continue free streaming for STH who can't get in.

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Only a thought, couldn’t we ‘bar’ away fans and have pay at the gate home fans in there, thinking mainly about (when fans get in), home games against say Hamilton & Ross County when both are luck to bring 200 fans?

To accommodate any likely restrictions the chances are that all four stands will be needed for ST holders.

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The way I see it (and it makes no difference to me as I fit neither category) is that STHs pledge their cash to the Club up front which for obvious reasons will be highly beneficial to the club. You choose for reasons or convenience best known to you, to pledge your cash to the club on a week to week basis, which is still obviously hugely beneficial to the club, but arguably slightly less so.

So, in the highly unenviable position of the club having to make a very difficult decision, I could understand why preference would be given to STHs over fans in your category. 

Aren't all fans beneficial to the club. Some don't have the finance to pay up front. But that's not my excuse. Its being able to attend games with my son when he visits from Uni. I also purchase his ticket.  

It's would be a shame if it came down to us or them. 

2 hours ago, pod said:

Aren't all fans beneficial to the club. Some don't have the finance to pay up front. But that's not my excuse. Its being able to attend games with my son when he visits from Uni. I also purchase his ticket.  

Why would you say “aren’t all fans beneficial to the club” when I clearly stated in my post that fans who choose to support the club in the way you do are “hugely beneficial to the club”? That doesn’t make any sense.

The point I was (I thought clearly) making, was that in the unenviable and highly unique circumstance of the club HAVNG to make a choice between the two, I could understand why they would err on the side of STHs. What is so difficult to understand about that?

If only there was such a thing as a non seat specific Season Ticket!

Can I suggest you change your username [emoji23]

Maybe he should change it to "Copycat".

According to some (most) ST holders on here, they bought the ST to help support the club financially. The club already have that money and it will cost the club if only ST holders are allowed in as there will be no extra income, only outlay. So, if ST holders really want to support the club financially, they should give up their attendance and allow only "pay at the gate" customers in, therefore maximising the clubs income per home game.

Or maybe they don't want the club to maximise its income and would, in this case, be selfish and demand their own attendance first, therefore costing the club money.

Just a thought. default_whistling.gif

I can see all clubs extending their dodgy streaming services on a pay per view basis for those who aren't season ticket holders, or continue free streaming for STH who can't get in.

Until all ST holders can be accommodated for every game it has to / will be.

Not sure wht there is even a debate over who will get priority at SD games, it will be ST holders end of. Whether folk like that or not that's how it will be.

I think away fans wont be allow in anytime soon since the government wont want fans traveling to different areas of the country on supporters buses and trains. 

It would be great to have games at home against the bigots without the party songs   :headbang

I think away fans wont be allow in anytime soon since the government wont want fans traveling to different areas of the country on supporters buses and trains. 
It would be great to have games at home against the bigots without the party songs   :headbang
Bar Aberdeen (and that will only be for a few more days) everyone is allowed to travel anywhere for any reason. There won't be away supporters but it won't be for travel reasons, there simply won't be capacity.

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Bar Aberdeen (and that will only be for a few more days) everyone is allowed to travel anywhere for any reason. There won't be away supporters but it won't be for travel reasons, there simply won't be capacity.

It could be argued that Kilmarnock have the capacity giving their home support size but yes, you may well be right.

You can travel freely, but having 50 people on a bus from different households will surely prevent away fans from traveling around the country.