14 September Indicative Return

On 7/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Wilbur... I totally agree.

Now... if my Brother in law visits Paisley, I take him to the football... only problem is all the seats around us are full so we cannot sit together or have to move and hope we are not in "someone's seat". We once had to move at 3.15pm for a late arrival who wanted his seat!

Don't get me wrong... I too like to sit is the same seat/area alongside the folks I have come to know.

I don't see how that isn't still possible! 

If in a group, one person gets there early and says "that seat is taken mate". Problem solved.

We regularly filled the away stand at Falkirk... one of the best away days out... despite unreserved seating! How was that possible?

Unreserved seating actually makes it easier for groups of friends to sit together and to grow the fanbase in that way.

Anyway... my point wasn't to repeat something I have advocated for years... it was to highlight the sheer irony that all those who have bought season tickets will almost certainly not get "their seat" initially! Bet they survive the experience without too much psychological harm.

A bit optimistic on that one ?

I think the club would be inundated with complaints from fans demanding to get a settled seat and it wouldn't fly.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:19 PM, RichardBuddie said:

Only a thought, couldn’t we ‘bar’ away fans and have pay at the gate home fans in there, thinking mainly about (when fans get in), home games against say Hamilton & Ross County when both are luck to bring 200 fans?

Is there not a league ruling that away fans must be represented at any match.

If that wasn't the case how many of us would get into Parkhead and Ibrox ?

It may be the solution in the short term though to get round COVID issues but suspect there will still be away fans in the ground

A bit optimistic on that one ?
I think the club would be inundated with complaints from fans demanding to get a settled seat and it wouldn't fly.
I shall agree to disagree.

Best atmosphere in years has been games in Falkirk when we have packed out their stand and people have managed to choose seats without any problems.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:18 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Why would you say “aren’t all fans beneficial to the club” when I clearly stated in my post that fans who choose to support the club in the way you do are “hugely beneficial to the club”? That doesn’t make any sense.

The point I was (I thought clearly) making, was that in the unenviable and highly unique circumstance of the club HAVNG to make a choice between the two, I could understand why they would err on the side of STHs. What is so difficult to understand about that?

More than that. The club would be obliged to let ST holders in first because they have already paid for the game. It's perfectly logical. They couldn't assume all those who paid for the ticket did so purely to help the club out. Some do so to ensure they get the seat. Some may have done so with this very scenario in mind ensuring they get "first dibs".

More than that. The club would be obliged to let ST holders in first because they have already paid for the game. It's perfectly logical. They couldn't assume all those who paid for the ticket did so purely to help the club out. Some do so to ensure they get the seat. Some may have done so with this very scenario in mind ensuring they get "first dibs".
Exactly how folk can't grasp this I'm not sure.

13 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Is there not a league ruling that away fans must be represented at any match.

If that wasn't the case how many of us would get into Parkhead and Ibrox ?

It may be the solution in the short term though to get round COVID issues but suspect there will still be away fans in the ground

AFAIK only home fans will be admitted.

Having had a look at the proposed guidance on stadiums it seems to me that there are major problems in preparing the stadium for spectators.

Guidance on professional football and professional rugby for the stadium sector, including an operational guide and checklist.

Matches with limited spectators - draft considerations

Competitive matches with restricted number of spectators may be possible, with the approval of the Scottish Government, in Phase 3.

Some initial considerations for future guidance are set out below:

• working alongside Scottish Government, Scottish Rugby and Scottish FA are considering safe systems of working in addition to the above for the reintroduction of spectators to our stadia / events.  An outline of the measures considered include:
  • reduced capacities - various ticketing models which reflect government restrictions and physical distancing measures as appropriate
  • conditions of entry – patrons must complete a health questionnaire in advance / data capture for all purchasers for contact tracing purposes and consideration to the wearing of face coverings
  • ticket policies - specific ticketing polices appropriate for the Government Guidelines including, for example one household per group as appropriate / no ticket resale policy
  • consideration for contactless temperature checks at entry points
  • maximising points of entry / staggered arrival times – limit queues – maintaining social distancing, contactless entry
  • no bags permitted (exceptions permitted for medical purposes) – reduce queues and contact at entry points
  • hand sanitiser stations inside / outside turnstiles
  • maximise number of toilets open – queue management in place / contactless hand sanitisers available
  • reduce time within stadium – limited ‘entertainment’
  • contactless, bar and catering solutions – socially distanced queues, perspex screens, cashless payments, maximise available service points to reduce queue times
  • maximise onsite parking – reduce in stadium activities to provide socially distanced parking therefore minimising requirement for public transport
  • limit event staffing / activities – essential activities only
  • limited or no internal hospitality – in line with Scottish Government physical distancing measures
  • extensive promotion of COVID-19 symptoms, Test and Protect, good hygiene practices in advance of all matches through our extensive social media channels
  • extensive signage throughout the stadium – social distancing, queue management, hygiene measures
  • collaboration with external partners

AFAIK only home fans will be admitted.
Having had a look at the proposed guidance on stadiums it seems to me that there are major problems in preparing the stadium for spectators.
Guidance on professional football and professional rugby for the stadium sector, including an operational guide and checklist.

Matches with limited spectators - draft considerations

Competitive matches with restricted number of spectators may be possible, with the approval of the Scottish Government, in Phase 3.

Some initial considerations for future guidance are set out below:

• working alongside Scottish Government, Scottish Rugby and Scottish FA are considering safe systems of working in addition to the above for the reintroduction of spectators to our stadia / events.  An outline of the measures considered include:
  • reduced capacities - various ticketing models which reflect government restrictions and physical distancing measures as appropriate
  • conditions of entry – patrons must complete a health questionnaire in advance / data capture for all purchasers for contact tracing purposes and consideration to the wearing of face coverings
  • ticket policies - specific ticketing polices appropriate for the Government Guidelines including, for example one household per group as appropriate / no ticket resale policy
  • consideration for contactless temperature checks at entry points
  • maximising points of entry / staggered arrival times – limit queues – maintaining social distancing, contactless entry
  • no bags permitted (exceptions permitted for medical purposes) – reduce queues and contact at entry points
  • hand sanitiser stations inside / outside turnstiles
  • maximise number of toilets open – queue management in place / contactless hand sanitisers available
  • reduce time within stadium – limited ‘entertainment’
  • contactless, bar and catering solutions – socially distanced queues, perspex screens, cashless payments, maximise available service points to reduce queue times
  • maximise onsite parking – reduce in stadium activities to provide socially distanced parking therefore minimising requirement for public transport
  • limit event staffing / activities – essential activities only
  • limited or no internal hospitality – in line with Scottish Government physical distancing measures
  • extensive promotion of COVID-19 symptoms, Test and Protect, good hygiene practices in advance of all matches through our extensive social media channels
  • extensive signage throughout the stadium – social distancing, queue management, hygiene measures
  • collaboration with external partners

Nothing too draconian there should all be straightforward enough to implement.

You have to take into account the approach streets etc I think it will be no more than around 1000 for starters

I'd be surprised if our ground would be allowed 3,500.
I can see a softer approach to start with as the Scottish government have erred on the side of caution on every other stage of opening things back up. 
I agree clubs should be already looking at the whole process, as highlighted by smcc above their are considerable hoops to jump through. 

Speculation on Radio Scotland at the weekend that the club would have some form of online nominations from the fans to ascertain those able to attend.

Absolutely not, no one is more or less worthy to be chosen to attend and, as we saw with the Love St housing development street naming polls, this type of nominative process is far too easily rigged.

Speculation on Radio Scotland at the weekend that the club would have some form of online nominations from the fans to ascertain those able to attend.
Absolutely not, no one is more or less worthy to be chosen to attend and, as we saw with the Love St housing development street naming polls, this type of nominative process is far too easily rigged.
I believe buds that have had first hand experience in risk assessments and the implementation of safe systems of work for Covid19 should be the first ones to get picked. [emoji6]

11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I believe buds that have had first hand experience in risk assessments and the implementation of safe systems of work for Covid19 should be the first ones to get picked. emoji6.png

Even Faraway is in front of you in the queue 👋👋👋

Celtic turned down for 1st football test event this weekend. Not surprised after the Bolingoli incident but I don't see too many other clubs publicly pushing to hold a test event. 14/9 looking like the date of the first test event at this rate so could well be October at the earliest before we see a max socially distanced capacity at this rate.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, Slarti said:

According to some (most) ST holders on here, they bought the ST to help support the club financially. The club already have that money and it will cost the club if only ST holders are allowed in as there will be no extra income, only outlay. So, if ST holders really want to support the club financially, they should give up their attendance and allow only "pay at the gate" customers in, therefore maximising the clubs income per home game.

Or maybe they don't want the club to maximise its income and would, in this case, be selfish and demand their own attendance first, therefore costing the club money.

Just a thought. :whistle

How many St. Mirren supporting non season ticket holders attended our home games?

Would that number fill the seats that would be made available?

As a season ticket holder can I “pay at the gate“?

Should season ticket holders be the first to be given the option of buying tickets for the stadium?

How many St. Mirren supporting non season ticket holders attended our home games?
Should season ticket holders be the first to be given the option of buying tickets for the stadium?

And he lands a whopper. [emoji38]

Celtic turned down for 1st football test event this weekend. Not surprised after the Bolingoli incident but I don't see too many other clubs publicly pushing to hold a test event. 14/9 looking like the date of the first test event at this rate so could well be October at the earliest before we see a max socially distanced capacity at this rate.
As they have publicly criticized and banned a large number of their own supporters regarding behaviour and hygiene, it's no surprise they were turned down. [emoji2960][emoji2961][emoji90]

2 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Somewhat academic. If the proportion of seats available is the same as proposed for Murrayfield this weekend there will only be just over 100 fans in the ground.