14 September Indicative Return

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Somewhat academic. If the proportion of seats available is the same as proposed for Murrayfield this weekend there will only be just over 100 fans in the ground.

At 100 seats I would sell/give to our flag waving drum guys. 

As long as they promise social distancing +.

I have just seen the first draft guidance for fans returning to stadiums.

All fans will be sprayed with a disinfectant before they enter the stadium (this measure will continue to be in place at Cappielow forever).

Only every third row will be occupied.

Everyone will need to stand with their arms at full stretch. This is to ensure social distancing.

However, no touching hands.

No food will be sold.

No oldies.

If we win, no gathering at the side of the pitch to hail the team like a bunch of girls at a Take That concert circa 1990's.

Masks must be worn at all times to discourage singing, shouting or talking.

Anyone who coughs will be shot by stewards.

These measures are intended to keep everyone safe and are following the very best scientific advice.

Edited by Hendo

I have just seen the first draft guidance for fans returning to stadiums.
All fans will be sprayed with a disinfectant before they enter the stadium (this measure will continue to be in place at Cappielow forever).
Only every third row will be occupied.
Everyone will need to stand with their arms at full stretch. This is to ensure social distancing.
However, no touching hands.
No food will be sold.
No oldies.
If we win, no gathering at the side of the pitch to hail the team like a bunch of girls at a Take That concert circa 1990's.
Masks must be worn at all times to discourage singing, shouting or talking.
Anyone who coughs will be shot by stewards.
These measures are intended to keep everyone safe and are following the very best scientific advice.
Sounds pretty normal [emoji38]

2 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

I see Ross County and Rangers have been approved for their respective home games on 12/09 to be test events with a third tbc.

Why not test all 6 fixtures that weekend - to collect more feedback/data to analyse?

Without looking, I just know County are at home to Celtic. The league's all about the OF, we're here to make up the numbers. 

If they intend to have the same sort of percentages as the rugby it won't prove anything. Having so few people will be like walking down the street. We really need to half fill a stadium to gauge the effect of crowds in the open air. I was with the governments but, with the numbers being affected and the ratio between that and deaths due to Covid, I am now leaning toward getting back to normal.

Edited by stlucifer

So test games go ahead on 12/9 and then all games are open to reduced crowds on 14/9.

So what the f**k is the point of the test games then?

Someone explain the science behind that to me because when you add in the scarves/masks nonsense it looks like none of those in charge have the faintest idea of what they are doing.

47 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So test games go ahead on 12/9 and then all games are open to reduced crowds on 14/9.

Someone explain the science behind that to me because when you add in the scarves/masks nonsense it looks like none of those in charge have the faintest idea of what they are doing.

It does seem pointless as they say the virus can take up to two weeks to develop symptoms. Even testing everyone the next day wouldn't prove anything. It looks like it's a case of them trying to make it look like they're doing something.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It does seem pointless as they say the virus can take up to two weeks to develop symptoms. Even testing everyone the next day wouldn't prove anything. It looks like it's a case of them trying to make it look like they're doing something.

They've been doing that since the masks in shops thing.

It's no longer about the science. It's about the politics of getting back to normal They are hiding behind scientists who are too naive and wrapped up in all the attention to realise they are being used to protect those making these decisions. It's this total abuse of "science" which I've been banging the drum on for weeks now. It's painful to see the destruction of the reputation of a discipline I love and which has done so much largely unrecognised good for civilisation.

There is no credible science behind the masks decision and there is absolutely no credibility in these stadia "tests".

Isnt 14th still just an indicative date. The fact we are not having tests until the 12th suggests to me fans won't be back in all stadiums just 2 days later. I reckon it will be pushed back a week or two. The argument then is why it has taken so long to hold test events given how long this thread has been running.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 8/29/2020 at 11:20 AM, oaksoft said:

Isnt 14th still just an indicative date. The fact we are not having tests until the 12th suggests to me fans won't be back in all stadiums just 2 days later. I reckon it will be pushed back a week or two. The argument then is why it has taken so long to hold test events given how long this thread has been running.

The 14th is still open as a provisional date. If they need the results from the tests on the 12th then the 14th cannot realistically be a date for a restart.

Honestly I just wish they would admit that they don't know what they are doing but they are trying their best to figure out how to proceed. All this covering up for fear of being found to be incompetent is just killing their credibility - scientists and politicians.

300 is pointless. What is it they're trying to prove? If it is to see if outside crowds are a danger then they need to ensure the isolation is the same as going to a supermarket. It doesn't make any sense to have 300 people, even in a stadium made for 8,000 like ours. Ipox holds far more and 300 would be a ludicrous number to use as a gauge.

Edited by stlucifer

Totally agree - just wish I knew their objective/ rationale. Pubs are busy (not that I’ve been to one), as of tomorrow you can go to the gym, was in Starbucks in Linwood today and that was busy.

I appreciate they (government) are cautious and everybody has to be responsible but they need to get a move on and get us back in - this all helps the economy.

I wonder if the government are even engaging with the football clubs about a return - if they’re doing nothing well that’s just criminal!!

On 8/30/2020 at 10:44 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 8/29/2020 at 11:20 AM, oaksoft said:

BTW I think you might be right about them moving the date back. Sturgeon has started publicly hyperventilating again over the recent increase in cases (almost all of which are asymptomatic) and is now talking about clamping down on indoor limits.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

BTW I think you might be right about them moving the date back. Sturgeon has started publicly hyperventilating again over the recent increase in cases (almost all of which are asymptomatic) and is now talking about clamping down on indoor limits.

Attending football matches is a luxury and I'd rather not have any fans back until winter is over. If it affects the business aspect of the game then so be it, it won't be the only industry to come out the other end of the Covid tunnel in a different format.

BTW by asymptomatic do you mean not requiring hospital treatment? 

Restrictions on indoor gatherings should have no effect on a trial crowd at an outdoor sports arena.

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Attending football matches is a luxury and I'd rather not have any fans back until winter is over. If it affects the business aspect of the game then so be it, it won't be the only industry to come out the other end of the Covid tunnel in a different format.

BTW by asymptomatic do you mean not requiring hospital treatment? 

I mean showing no symptoms at all.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Restrictions on indoor gatherings should have no effect on a trial crowd at an outdoor sports arena.

We eased indoor restrictions some time ago whilst keeping games fan-free.

17 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I just don’t understand why all the fixtures next weekend (apart from Glasgow) can’t be the subject of some form of test event - getting really hacked off now with all this - just want to get back to the football with my son...

They have to get us back in at some point!!

Don't come on here with all your fancy ideas about getting back to normal. Don't you know there's a killer virus on the loose? Ok, no-one has died in Scotland for 28 days from it, but there might be a lag!!!! Don't forget the lag. We cannot get complacent against this virus!!!

17 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I just don’t understand why all the fixtures next weekend (apart from Glasgow) can’t be the subject of some form of test event - getting really hacked off now with all this - just want to get back to the football with my son...

They have to get us back in at some point!!

I hate to say it but I genuinely can't see any semblance of normality until next season at the earliest.

It’s going to be one panic attack enforced over-reaction after another from those in charge.

As I said before, it's unclear what level of infections and deaths will ever be low enough for Sturgeon. Zero deaths and fewer than 20 new cases per day for 6 weeks wasn't low enough so it's anyone's guess what she is actually looking for. Even if she told us what her targets were for normality, that would help people set their expectations appropriately.