14 September Indicative Return

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

We’ve probably already reached herd immunity with only isolated areas still susceptible to small outbreaks. 

I don't think we can have any certainty about that with the news this week that the tests have been shown to potentially produce huge numbers of false positives because they can't distinguish between contagious covid and dead covid in the person tested. That's on top of the false positives we already knew were plaguing the testing. It's not helping that some medical experts are still wrongly claiming that the false positive rate is under 1% because that's just prolonging the problem.

Of course, the big lesson for future generations looking back on this will be the appalling lack of preparation for a pandemic by almost every government in the world, whether that's a lack of basic safety equipment for NHS staff, the lack of a plan for care homes, the lack of spare capacity for beds etc, the lack of a suitable strategy for developing tests for the virus and worst of all, the lack of a suitable strategy for locking down or gaining herd immunity.

• 3 weeks later...
No chance mate. You need to factor in the loss of hospitality bookings as well as gate revenue. Just my opinion. The accounts for this year won’t make good reading.
Would be interesting to find out figures for the recent Hibs game. They would have filled the away end which is 1800 capacity. Even at £12.50 a pop for the online game it only takes around double that to compensate for that. Given that Hibs home games bring in average attendance of 16,000 you'd imagine a significant proportion of their fan base would have watched the game. That could have offset money from hospitality, but against smaller clubs obviously the opposite is true.

11 hours ago, Yflab said:

No chance mate. You need to factor in the loss of hospitality bookings as well as gate revenue. Just my opinion. The accounts for this year won’t make good reading.

I was more thinking that if you take the Celtic game for example, wasn’t there potentially thousands of them buying our ppv or does it not work like that?

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I believe that game was also broadcast on Celtic TV. I have no idea how they managed to do that. I wonder what cut the streaming provider is taking out of the PPV charge. Also how many people are watching on an internet stream.

Nah, they can’t broadcast away games live so was only available through us.

I believe that game was also broadcast on Celtic TV. I have no idea how they managed to do that. I wonder what cut the streaming provider is taking out of the PPV charge. Also how many people are watching on an internet stream.

Actually you’re right mate. It was on Celtic TV. Which actually when you think about it is a feckin disgrace. How is that even allowed?

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aren’t we potentially making more from PPV or did they fix it that you couldn’t make more than you could have made through attendance?

It’s one I’ve wondered. Suppose you’ve got to weigh up the cost of Policing, stewarding, etc. No doubt we are taking in less cash, but what’s the true net impact given the level of season ticket holders we have? 

Just now, aldo_j said:
8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Just now, aldo_j said:

For UK and Ireland users it’s blocked.

Ahhh. Fair dos then. 

Appreciate that. But it does point to the fact that a significant proportion of potential audience will be using alternative methods of viewing the game and bypassing St Mirren TV.

It’s just my personal opinion but I think our revenue stream from match day events will be down this year which I think was what we were originally discussing.

So I’ve my Season Ticket booked and ready for Ali de Foy to kick things off at 245pm. What about you? Are you buying a PPV package for the game today? 🤣

I think you already know the answer to that question ya cheeky wee monkey. 
All joking aside I think you know if I lived in Paisley I’d be a season ticket holder. 
As for PPV, I had......erm......an alternative option before all this shite started. I didn’t get it to avoid paying for PPV. It would seem a bit daft to pay for it when I can get it for nothing. Especially if as you say, all the revenue isn’t going to the club. 

17 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

The lack of fans, and the influx of cash that comes with that, is starting to hurt many clubs it seems.

Clubs, like other business's, will go bust and that would be tragic.

Open air events, as far as I'm aware, have NOT seen a rise in cases so why are they not being allowed, even  with restricted numbers? 

Indeed. Lovely day for the football today, pity none of us will see it live.