Jakubiak

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Loving how the player had went from what would have be being a great signing, to a diddy who had only scored 1 goal in 10 games  :lol:  

All because he had signed for Dundee  :lol:

Did he ever played a full game for us ?

Will all blow over soon and move on to someone else.

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Loving how the player had went from what would have be being a great signing, to a diddy who had only scored 1 goal in 10 games  :lol:  

All because he had signed for Dundee  :lol:

Did he ever played a full game for us ?

I don't think he's a diddy.

As much as I'd have welcomed him back, he's certainly not worth breaking the bank for.

I don't think he's a diddy.
As much as I'd have welcomed him back, he's certainly not worth breaking the bank for.

Fair due, diddy was the wrong word but funny how fans have went from wanting him to not wanting him [emoji23]

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

No. But they are willing to pay him more than we are. It's not about available funds, it's about what you are getting for your outlay and Jakubiak, rightly, shouldn't be in a position where he is commanding a large portion of our budget. The number I heard he went in and requested initially, would have meant he was being paid about 40-50% more than our next highest earner. Decent enough as he was, that's all he was. Decent. Could anyone honestly say he should comfortably have been our highest earner? Absolutely no chance. 

We made the call not to pursue based on what we thought he was worth and his demands being way too far apart to meet in the middle. 

So no, he didn't pick Dundee over us... at the point Dundee had moved in, we had long since removed ourselves from the running.

Goodwin only mentioned the negotatonos with Jakubiak last week and as a result of that, I think a lot of fans feel this is just a recent happening but the negotiations where he outpriced himself were actually about six weeks ago at the point where it was reported us and Livingston (who clearly felt the same having received his wage expectations) were in for him.

By the time the demands have come down, we've either turned our sights elsewhere or decided that Jakubiak is still not worth what Dundee are throwing at him. 

Seems a little similar to Popescu, where the agent has tried to bag a few extra quid. As soon as that happens, relationships break down and its no longer about wanting to play for the badge. 
Jim would have had a list of players and like I would imagine, you fail with one target, you move on to the next without looking back. I'm glad the club stood their ground.
As you mentioned,  a player that would have been our highest earner, as a striker would have to be a guaranteed goal machine to justify his worth.

41 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Geez and its not even pre season anymore. Personally I am delighted we didn't sign him, quality would have returned more than he did

As for Dundee, give it 2 years and they will have another 25 point deduction

I remember thinking last season that they appeared to be splashing the cash, obviously in a bid to go head to head with United. That got them nowhere. They'll never learn.

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Dundee are being bank rolled by rich Americans. They want to be in the Premiership asap so no surprise they are throwing money about and will offer more than us.

Rich stupid Americans who think James McPake should be their manager. They should stick to NFL instead of soccer. 

Gus MacPherson and Andy Millan would do 100 times the job McPake did last season.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

I remember thinking last season that they appeared to be splashing the cash, obviously in a bid to go head to head with United. That got them nowhere. They'll never learn.

Throwing money at it, is not always the answer.  Your right.

Edited by pod

19 hours ago, Pppppp8 said:

So ...am I correct ?  You suggest that Saints were not prepared to pay the same as Dundee. As they thought he was not worth the wage his agent asked for. Even though the wage demand was reduced. Saints could get more players in for a similar outlay... ?  I thought he was an exciting player last year... reasonable quality.  Not sure that Saints will get in the same quality. I would rather we paid the same as Dundee for Jakubiak, than bring in two or three poorer quality players.  Hopefully Jim has somebody else of a similar quality in mind.  Anx gets him importantly.  Seems a shame Jak has gone to the Championship rather than us.  

Aye

Quite straight forward really, s****ht forward indded.

The only thing that surprises me here is that this guy is attracting so much airtime. 
He played 10 games for us and was largely ineffectual. I remember seeing one game (cannae mind which one) where I thought he played noticeably well and I thought, maybe there’s a player here. Other than that he was generally guff in my opinion. Not in the least bit disappointed to lose out on him, especially if he was coming at a hefty price tag. 

Billy Big Boots. Could you be more Scottish. [emoji38]
The guy is ambitious. There's nothing wrong with that. At all.
The guys has pocketed the biggest pay packet the market is prepared to pay him.
Exactly how is that a bad thing?
Watford to Dundee = ambitious ! That's a might low bar he's set himself !!!

Do you not think his contribution to Saints last season was decent. Though not a scorer... his forward play brought about an upward turn in results and specifically an increase in the goals scored by Obika... ?  Interesting to see how Obika does in the first few games without such a player assisting him....

16 minutes ago, Pppppp8 said:

Do you not think his contribution to Saints last season was decent. Though not a scorer... his forward play brought about an upward turn in results and specifically an increase in the goals scored by Obika... ?  Interesting to see how Obika does in the first few games without such a player assisting him....

Not really.

We all know that Obika plays better with support, so I'm sure we'll not see him at his best. Especially since it's the bigot brothers we're playing in near future and he would most likely be up top on his own.

What will be interesting is how he plays with the forward or forwards that we eventually bring in.

3 hours ago, Pppppp8 said:

It really is irrelevant what his contribution as a foil was last season too ask to be our highest wage earner by some margine and not be an out and out goalscorer is a non starter 2 premier league clubs stepped away from his demands. I have fsith and trust in JG and his decisions 

• 7 months later...
Don't think it's ever been mentioned but I thought I'd put this to bed if anyone even cares. I know the guy that closed out the deal for Jakubiak to move to dundee instead of saints. Dundee offered him 2K a week and saints only offered 1.3K a week. 
Your right [emoji736] No one cares [emoji1787][emoji1787] just kidding

Don't think it's ever been mentioned but I thought I'd put this to bed if anyone even cares. I know the guy that closed out the deal for Jakubiak to move to dundee instead of saints. Dundee offered him 2K a week and saints only offered 1.3K a week. 

Aye, of course you do. [emoji1787]

TBF he played well for us last season without scoring many goals.
I wouldn't argue with that and I would have liked him to stay. He clearly has issues though playing about 120 games in 7 years with 62 coming in 2 years. And he is not featuring much this season, so I think we lucked out? [emoji1745]

13 hours ago, ginte1987 said:

Probably regretting now.