Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 15th Aug 20

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Some of our fans man 🤣

‘6 points is reasonable’

Christ on a bike.

Okay my feline friend, the 6 Pts apart, what else do you disagree with ? Good goalie ?  Need a goal scorer ? Plastic pitches ? Religious cyclists ?   I was merely stating my opinion, not rubbishing anyone’s point of view.

39 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Okay my feline friend, the 6 Pts apart, what else do you disagree with ? Good goalie ?  Need a goal scorer ? Plastic pitches ? Religious cyclists ?   I was merely stating my opinion, not rubbishing anyone’s point of view.

I think the point he's making is that calling 6 points from 3 games (our best top flight start in 14 years), just 'reasonable' is quite severely downplaying it. 

It's a fantastic start. Particularly as both sides we've beaten have given us a whole host of problems in recent years. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes but Ross Stewart doesn't miss 3 great chances every week ?
Having said that if Morais can get goals into his game then we have a player
Here's hoping he manages it 2 weeks in a row

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Have we ever started this well??? Certainly not in my lifetime.

If we get 9 from 12, it'll be the best start in my lifetime as well I think.

Even a draw and 7 from 12 would be right up there.

We're at least going back to the 80's or 70's I would have thought.

ETA. In 1981 and 1984 we had 2 wins, a draw and a defeat after 4 games so that would be equivalent if we get a draw on Saturday.

Haven't found anything as good as 3 wins and a defeat.

http://www.fitbastats.com/stmirren/team_results_season.php?from=28&competition=1&update=Update

Edited by oaksoft

My gripe especially last season was fans wanting draws every week to get points on board when teams like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone who were struggling at the time went on runs where they won 3 from 4/5 matches which we never seem to do it's win 1 then win another one 7/8 matches later.

To win 3 from 4 would be unbelievable for us even 7 points from 12 would be one our best pre-split runs of form but at a start of season almost unheard of.

You could almost argue that if us our County win on Saturday and Hamilton lose we would be safe from 12th as Hamilton would need to win 3 more games than us from now until the end of the season and history tells us that doesn't happen.

If we get 9 from 12, it'll be the best start in my lifetime as well I think.
Even a draw and 7 from 12 would be right up there.
We're at least going back to the 80's or 70's I would have thought.
ETA. In 1981 and 1984 we had 2 wins, a draw and a defeat after 4 games so that would be equivalent if we get a draw on Saturday.
Haven't found anything as good as 3 wins and a defeat.
http://www.fitbastats.com/stmirren/team_results_season.php?from=28&competition=1&update=Update

I think it’s a little hyperbolic to claim 6 out of 9 points is fantastic, considering both wins were very hard won and against Livi and Hamilton. The other game was a bit of a mauling from Rangers. I’m not denigrating it but we are always clinging on due to the inability to score enough goals. Perhaps the return of Flynn and Magennis will improve things but we desperately need a goal scorer and I’m afraid the posters who believe Morais will come good ( what?  after a season ?) will be sorely disappointed. I hope to remain optimistic, better times ahead.

Morias isn't good enough at this level. He rarely hits the target never mind scores a goal. If we have aspirations for top 6 then we need far better. Judging by Goodwin and Sharpes reaction after he missed another great chance, surely they can see it as well. 
Most folks were saying the same about Obika last season.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
5 minutes ago, Yardley said:
Morias isn't good enough at this level. He rarely hits the target never mind scores a goal. If we have aspirations for top 6 then we need far better. Judging by Goodwin and Sharpes reaction after he missed another great chance, surely they can see it as well. 

Most folks were saying the same about Obika last season.

And Obika came good, as for Morais, still waiting after almost 30 games. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...