Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Long John Baldy

Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 15th Aug 20

Recommended Posts


7 hours ago, HSS said:

Brilliant by the Fans,I wasn’t expecting that one.👏👏👏🏁🏁🏁


No doubt the polis will put a stop to that one.

They have absolutely no right to as long as those guys are keeping their distance from each other and not causing any fuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bump


Particularly an away win in the top flight. Any away win at this level is a very good win regardless of circumstance.

You’ll still get some of our fans going ‘I know we won, but’ though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, delpierro said:

Just saw highlights; oor defence is worrying me emoji50.png

They certainly played better against Livy but the amount of chances Accies had was more down to the midfield not being able to cope with them in the 2nd half  imho.

I blame the pitch  :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They certainly played better against Livy but the amount of chances Accies had was more down to the midfield not being able to cope with them in the 2nd half  imho.

I blame the pitch  :rolleyes:

 

Desperately need a striker up with Obika. Morais is not doing the business and hasn't been since he arrived. Potential is there but it's not happening. Suspect this is the story of his career so far. 

Not much from McAllister again also.

Macgennis and Flynn  will make a huge difference when back also. 

Astro pitches should be banned from Championship upwards. No professional league worth talking about should entertain them.,

Edited by lenziebud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Morias had a very good game yesterday, particularly in the first half. He was a constant nuisance and the Accies back line struggled to keep him in check.

My only criticism of him is that he snatched a bit wildly at the two chances that came his way but he certainly turned in every bit as good a performance as Jakubiak was doing last season and folk were raving over him for.

But for his finishing he would have had an excellent game.

He fashioned a couple of chances on his own, and the one he forced the 'keeper into a save was harder than the effort he blasted over the bar.

Given that Durmus, when he came on, had three weedy shots from good positions, I think shooting practice and composure whilst finishing should be focussed upon this week for the forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

But for his finishing he would have had an excellent game.

He fashioned a couple of chances on his own, and the one he forced the 'keeper into a save was harder than the effort he blasted over the bar.

Given that Durmus, when he came on, had three weedy shots from good positions, I think shooting practice and composure whilst finishing should be focussed upon this week for the forwards.

one of those efforts he should of squared it to morias who was free at the back post for a tap in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, delpierro said:

Just saw highlights; oor defence is worrying me emoji50.png

Just watched Killie v The Fakes and both of their defences were completely at sea.

I also can't believe that Danny Rogers is Killie's 'keeper. Good news for the rest of us though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Morias had a very good game yesterday, particularly in the first half. He was a constant nuisance and the Accies back line struggled to keep him in check.

My only criticism of him is that he snatched a bit wildly at the two chances that came his way but he certainly turned in every bit as good a performance as Jakubiak was doing last season and folk were raving over him for.

His finishing is the issue for me and has been all along. As I say the potential is there but I'm not sure it is going to be realized. Really do hope he comes good in that sense as I agree the other aspects of his game are fine. If we are going to aim for top six and I think we should be then we need someone to complement the goals that Obika will give us. 

I get your point on Jakubiak but he was an allround better player than Morais IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just watching Ross Co game just now and Ross Stewart has missed three great chances for them.

It can happen to anyone.

 

Yes but Ross Stewart doesn't miss 3 great chances every week ?

Having said that if Morais can get goals into his game then we have a player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Yes but Ross Stewart doesn't miss 3 great chances every week ?

Having said that if Morais can get goals into his game then we have a player

No. Just the one v Hamilton.

I feel that if Morais can get his first, that he can chip in with a decent amount this season. However, we desperately need competition in this area.

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only saw highlights and some radio reports but , goalie apart, pretty unimpressed with that showing. Unless a decent forward is brought in we will not score enough goals as the front two yesterday are not of the required standard. I also think the plastic pitch should be banned when paying customers are allowed back. It spoils the game. 6pts from 9 is reasonable but a forward urgently required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TopCat said:

 


Particularly an away win in the top flight. Any away win at this level is a very good win regardless of circumstance.

You’ll still get some of our fans going ‘I know we won, but’ though.
 

 

I know we won, but we got 3 points and a clean sheet.     The kind of buts I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To counter the negativity. It’s the third game of a new season. We are sitting on two wins out of three. We have basically a new defence that has had two clean sheets. We have two of our best players out injured. Dust of those passports. Europe here we come via a Scottish Cup win.

ok maybe I took that too far, but for crying out loud give the negativity a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Only saw highlights and some radio reports but , goalie apart, pretty unimpressed with that showing. Unless a decent forward is brought in we will not score enough goals as the front two yesterday are not of the required standard. I also think the plastic pitch should be banned when paying customers are allowed back. It spoils the game. 6pts from 9 is reasonable but a forward urgently required.


Some of our fans man 🤣

‘6 points is reasonable’

Christ on a bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I blame the pitch  :rolleyes:

 

Why wet a plastic pitch.  It certainly didn't help Templeton when he slipped taking taking a free kick. :lol:       Ball also seemed to run away from Obika a couple of times in second half.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FTOF said:

But for his finishing he would have had an excellent game.

Think frustration is setting in a bit, trying to hard, should try keeping ball on ground.  I hoping he scores sooner than later and it gives him the lift he's needing.

Might find it in the cup games against lesser opposition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...