Predictive commentary

antrin

Just started watching tonight's SPL games on Sportsound and was  irritated when  i realised i wasn't enjoying the motherwell  v livvi match.

Now I can appreciate why bbc would have someone look at the screened games and then dub a commentary over the top of the soundtrack....

But there were a coupe of reasons tonight why this was NOT a good idea.  Certainly wan't done as it should have been.

Yes, the commentator knew all the players, missed very little and was knowledgeable, (when you use a recording that's the least you might expect!) but he got his timing ALL WRONG. 

He was stating what was happening a second or more before it actually happened!  So, as your eyes  watched they were catching up with the sounds that your brain had already processed.

Pitiful.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

He was stating what was happening a second or more before it actually happened!  So, as your eyes  watched they were catching up with the sounds that your brain had already processed.

For those with slow brains. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Just started watching tonight's SPL games on Sportsound and was  irritated when  i realised i wasn't enjoying the motherwell  v livvi match.

Now I can appreciate why bbc woul?????????????????????????????????d have someone look at the screened games and then dub a commentary over the top of the soundtrack....

But there were a coupe of reasons tonight why this was NOT a good idea.  Certainly wan't done as it should have been.

Yes, the commentator knew all the players, missed very little and was knowledgeable, (when you use a recording that's the least you might expect!) but he got his timing ALL WRONG. 

Pitiful.

Watching on Sportsound???????? 😁

Probably pod... though Gary Lineker has tweeted this morning that, "Thunderstorms were causing the issue" for people who complained similarly at BT Sports...

Amusingly, I notice that Fartaway in his Escape-from-the-Sin-Bin alias of Long Tall Baldy, couldn't spot the difference so he liked the post, then took it away!

He's weird, but then again me and many others keep taking away his role of "Forum-Fool",  he says...  :lol:

I've  noticed the same sadness on a few of my posts.

Tell Bazil - that's how you do a vendetta :)

Edited by antrin

On 8/13/2020 at 8:50 AM, antrin said:

Probably pod... though Gary Lineker has tweeted this morning that, "Thunderstorms were causing the issue" for people who complained similarly at BT Sports...

Amusingly, I notice that Fartaway in his Escape-from-the-Sin-Bin alias of Long Tall Baldy, couldn't spot the difference so he liked the post, then took it away!

He's weird, but then again me and many others keep taking away his role of "Forum-Fool",  he says...  :lol:

I've  noticed the same sadness on a few of my posts.

Tell Bazil - that's how you do a vendetta :)

The person mentioned does vendettas really well. He puts you to shame on numbers and consistency. 🤣