Help needed

1 hour ago, Steve the blade said:

This is going to sound a bit odd, you had a corner awarded yesterday on 90+4 mins, does anyone know if it was actually taken, the reason is I had a bet on corners for all of the Scot prem games, and sky bet are being awkward, any help would be appreciated, good luck this yr btw 

No.

We fannied about for ages, and the ref blew for FT, without the corner being taken.

It wasn't taken, the referee blew for full time. Bastrads got you on a technicality.

One thing I always hated was referees blowing for full time with the ball in the air after the taking of a goal kick. It was done so a goalkeeper retrieved the ball and save the referee for going for it. [emoji6]

13 hours ago, Steve the blade said:

This is going to sound a bit odd, you had a corner awarded yesterday on 90+4 mins, does anyone know if it was actually taken, the reason is I had a bet on corners for all of the Scot prem games, and sky bet are being awkward, any help would be appreciated, good luck this yr btw 

Not sure what your bet was but if a corner was given it should count whether it's taken or not... 🤔 I think

Did you read the small print - terms and conditions?
Also contact the Gambling Commission: https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/about/Contact-us/Contact-us.aspx

The problem is, as much as it looked like the ref gave a corner. With no corner actually getting taken we don't know for sure if he did.

39 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

So to clarify , in sports betting does the corner have to be taken for it to count , or does it count as soon as it's awarded ?

Yes, it has to be taken.There was a well known incident in a PSG game a while back where the Ref awarded a corner in added time, the PSG player (can't mind who) took the corner as a lob to the Ref who caught it and blew for FT. Bookies refused to count that as a taken corner.

There was another corner related incident in the MC v RM game last week where De Bruyne took a whipped corner and forced a save from the keeper, bookies refused to count this as a shot on target.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes, it has to be taken.There was a well known incident in a PSG game a while back where the Ref awarded a corner in added time, the PSG player (can't mind who) took the corner as a lob to the Ref who caught it and blew for FT. Bookies refused to count that as a taken corner.
There was another corner related incident in the MC v RM game last week where De Bruyne took a whipped corner and forced a save from the keeper, bookies refused to count this as a shot on target.
Yet it would no doubt have counted as a shot on target had he scored from said corner.

Bookies already have the odds stacked in their favour, now doing their utmost to rig it even more.

Online betting means they can track your bets - too many wins and they stop you betting. Not a problem I've personally encountered though...