St Mirren v Ross County 22/8/20

TopCat

Jim’s juggernaut rolls back into Paisley town after a couple of away games.

Imagine if we won this too? Why not. We beat the Staggies 2-1 in Paisley in November in the last meeting between the sides, a delightful late winner from our current captain Sam Foley.

If we did win we would go third and - assuming Dundee Utd don’t beat Celtic - we would stay there for at least a week.

Of course this will be a tough game, County had a good start to the season winning their first two games. Stuttered in the last two though. Took the lead against Killie midweek then drew and then took the lead against United yesterday and then lost. Means they’re only one point above us having played a game more.

Our team will be full of confidence and I think we will do enough to edge it. I’m going to go for a fourth St Mirren 1-0 win in our last five games. Miss some chances to get the second then grind it out again.

I think we are unbeaten at home since last year, so have turned our ground into a difficult place for teams to pick up points. 

Have seen County a couple of times this season and have been impressed by them. Can see this one being another tight affair but hopefully we'll shade it.

2-1 Saints. 

Other than the OF and perhaps Aberdeen and Hibs away, can anyone name an opponent and venue where we would NOT be expecting to get something from the game?
We're one striker short of having a potentially very special season.
Yeah, Hearts at Tynecastle - oops, silly me. [emoji38]

I am really hoping we go 442 again, this time Junior hitting the net

Never known a season where you have Killie, Dons, Accies, Well and Livi without a win after a combined 16 games

We win against County we will, have really given ourselves a platform to push on...….. and we have found a brill goalie and back line

As this is our best start in 14 years at top level I would suggest that we don't go to any matches as the team clearly thrives without our pish from the terraces :wink: 

I am really hoping we go 442 again, this time Junior hitting the net
Never known a season where you have Killie, Dons, Accies, Well and Livi without a win after a combined 16 games
We win against County we will, have really given ourselves a platform to push on...….. and we have found a brill goalie and back line
As this is our best start in 14 years at top level I would suggest that we don't go to any matches as the team clearly thrives without our pish from the terraces :wink: 

I’d also love to see us go with two strikers. If we do I believe we’ll create a good number of chances and Junior will take at least one of them !

2-0 Victory (Junior, Shaughnessy)

This is going to be a tough game. County have started well like us. But i think we can win. If we take our chances. Need Foley back in midfield. Was good Obika got his first goal so early in the season. Hopefully his confidence is high. I also think playing McAllister as a number 10 is a good thing for him. On the wing he's a bit predictable always wanting to cut in to get on his left foot. 2.0 Saints. Coys

On 8/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, santaponsasaint said:

This is going to be a tough game. County have started well like us. But i think we can win. If we take our chances. Need Foley back in midfield. Was good Obika got his first goal so early in the season. Hopefully his confidence is high. I also think playing McAllister as a number 10 is a good thing for him. On the wing he's a bit predictable always wanting to cut in to get on his left foot. 2.0 Saints. Coys

Not sure he has the workrate for that position. Number of players in our squad I would have in that position before him. Agree with you about him on the wing. Overall not showing the fantastic potential he showed in the Championship where he was outstanding.  

Just visited our ppv website and got my pass for the County match.

Really looking forwards to this game, even more since we signed Dennis.

I hope we start with Junior up front with Obika and Dennis coming off the bench to mark his debut with a goal.

My original prediction was 2-0 to us, but I’ll go 3-1 now, our goals coming from Junior, Shaughnessy and Dennis

COYS !!

Can anyone please remind me the login format for st Mirren tv, I’ve changed jobs since the Livi game, handed my work computer back and now I’m freaking out.

From memory was it something like eg:-
JOHN-SMITH-123456781234

I cannot find any mails or previous post with format/guidance.

Any support greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Just visited our ppv website and got my pass for the County match.

Really looking forwards to this game, even more since we signed Dennis.

I hope we start with Junior up front with Obika and Dennis coming off the bench to mark his debut with a goal.

My original prediction was 2-0 to us, but I’ll go 3-1 now, our goals coming from Junior, Shaughnessy and Dennis

COYS !!

If Goodwin it true to form, Dennis won’t feature on Saturday and definitely won’t start.

Be interesting to see if Jim deviates from the norm. 

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Can anyone please remind me the login format for st Mirren tv, I’ve changed jobs since the Livi game, handed my work computer back and now I’m freaking out.

From memory was it something like eg:-
JOHN-SMITH-123456781234

I cannot find any mails or previous post with format/guidance.

Any support greatly appreciated.

Correct.

Password is the number on its own.

27 minutes ago, lugton said:

I can only see a storming victory for us tomorrow.

A 4-0 win with The Menace getting a hat trick on his debut and Obika with the other goal.

I admire the optimism on this thread, particularly the hope an English non league player and a forward with one or two goals in a season will inspire an avalanche of goals.  Hope it happens but I doubt it. No harm in being upbeat though.

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

I admire the optimism on this thread, particularly the hope an English non league player and a forward with one or two goals in a season will inspire an avalanche of goals.  Hope it happens but I doubt it. No harm in being upbeat though.

For us long standing Saints fans 6 points out of 9 is some start, the shape is so much better now , the players are better, the coach only knows relative success and the board back him...……. of course we will have plenty of bumps, but having watched the dross from the Fakes v Sheep last night , i don't think we have much to fear as one thing Mr Goodwin is grounded, and the players are def giving 100% for him

I will take a scrappy 2-1 and get into the top 3  

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

For us long standing Saints fans 6 points out of 9 is some start, the shape is so much better now , the players are better, the coach only knows relative success and the board back him...……. of course we will have plenty of bumps, but having watched the dross from the Fakes v Sheep last night , i don't think we have much to fear as one thing Mr Goodwin is grounded, and the players are def giving 100% for him

I will take a scrappy 2-1 and get into the top 3  

The temptation to settle for any kind of win is perhaps understandable whilst no one is able to attend, but cannot continue if fans are ever allowed back. I’ve just seen highlights so far and have not been convinced of any improvement since the last miserable campaign. One lives in hope though.

Can anyone clarify St Mirren TV arrangements for tomorrow please.

I didn't renew my ST but I renewed my annual Buddievision subscription which was transferred to St Mirren TV.

I was under the impression Season Ticket holders got to view home matches... But St Mirren TV subscription covered audio cover only.

I logged in to buy a PPV ticket for tomorrow's match.

Firstly... Total nightmare trying to find details. Marketing? What marketing?

I was desperately searching for details on how I can spend money on the club... Took ages to eventually find a link.

I then read this...

"Can I watch the match?

Season ticket holders and St Mirren TV subscribers will be able to watch the match live on tv.stmirren.com. Our matchday host Ali De Foy will be joined by League Cup winning manager Danny Lennon pre-and-post-match with commentary from Daniel Bowers and David Van Zanten.

Non-season ticket holders and Ross County supporters can watch the match on pay-per-view at ppv.stmirren.com for £12.50."

That states that At Mirren TV subscribers can watch the match, but that wasn't my understanding.

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

We win this one and will most likely be sitting 3rd.

Shame on all those who mocked Tony !  😁

If the season is ended after this and its points per game - we are back in Europe (if those games are permitted)

Seriously though, hope the fans get back in soon and for the rest of the season !     C O Y S   !

34 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can anyone clarify St Mirren TV arrangements for tomorrow please.

I didn't renew my ST but I renewed my annual Buddievision subscription which was transferred to St Mirren TV.

I was under the impression Season Ticket holders got to view home matches... But St Mirren TV subscription covered audio cover only.

I logged in to buy a PPV ticket for tomorrow's match.

Firstly... Total nightmare trying to find details. Marketing? What marketing?

I was desperately searching for details on how I can spend money on the club... Took ages to eventually find a link.

I then read this...

"Can I watch the match?

Season ticket holders and St Mirren TV subscribers will be able to watch the match live on tv.stmirren.com. Our matchday host Ali De Foy will be joined by League Cup winning manager Danny Lennon pre-and-post-match with commentary from Daniel Bowers and David Van Zanten.

Non-season ticket holders and Ross County supporters can watch the match on pay-per-view at ppv.stmirren.com for £12.50."

That states that At Mirren TV subscribers can watch the match, but that wasn't my understanding.

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

Log on at 2-30 tomorrow and see what happen. 

If unsuccessful, you will still have time to buy the game.  

What happen with you for the Livy game ?

Log on at 2-30 tomorrow and see what happen. 
If unsuccessful, you will still have time to buy the game.  
What happen with you for the Livy game ?
Looks like that will be my only option.

What Livi game? [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]

I was at a socially distanced birthday party... First social interaction since March.

Bought the Accies game from Accies TV which was the same platform as Saints.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Looks like that will be my only option.

What Livi game? emoji50.pngemoji50.pngemoji50.png

I was at a socially distanced birthday party... First social interaction since March.

Bought the Accies game from Accies TV which was the same platform as Saints.

I thought you had viewed the Livy game. 

My mistake.