St Mirren v Ross County 22/8/20

TopCat

Not creating enough and forward line not good enough. Morais is good at running and fit but thats what long distance runner do not footballers. Keep hearing he's a pest but we need a lot more than that. McAllister should have a  look at Michael Gardyne and see how he should do his job. Another not good enough. Hopefully Dennis shapes up and we can get Macgennis and Flynn back asap.

Probably a good point in the end but  a game we should be winning 

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

Tremendous shift from all. Morias fantastic after the sending off.

Tait outstanding.

Ross Draper is a whining faced prick. County got Shaugnessy sent off by greeting.

Ross Stewart - sorry diving fanny.

Hope we appeal the red card.

It was borderline red. Some refs would give other wouldn't. Waste of time time appealing.

4 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

How the f*ck wee Gollum still gets a gig is beyond me. Little sod with a "me, me, me" attitude.

That is a feckin shocker of a decision. Cleared the ball well, yes caught him in the follow through but got there first and feck all he could do. Never a card, Hope Gollum gets pulled for it big time.

Just now, guinness said:

Who actually makes the decisions now? Referee did not even give s free kick. Linesman never flagged. Fourth official in a worse position than referee. So actually decided that was a red card?. Is it some tosser watching on telly talking to the referee. var by the back door ?. Absolute joke.

Typical of the standard of officiating in the Scottish game. No one wants to address it however. 

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

It was borderline red. Some refs would give other wouldn't. Waste of time time appealing.

Aye, I probably agree. What's the criteria for a red, risk of injury/dangerous? If its those then it's probably a red. If Stewarts leg doesn't plant he rides the tackle and it's a good old fashioned 50/50 and everybody is happy. Just unfortunate his leg went down. 

I'd be shouting for a red if it was against us. 

First things first. St.Mirren were honking today. And yet another horrendous refereeing decision. But I don't get goodys way of thinking. Baird on the bench but he takes Foley ont of the midfield and leaves Baird on the bench. Morias the new Danny Mullen. Tries hard. But that's it. Not a starter in my book. No one scores but Obika. No midfielder has been near getting a goal this season. McAllister I like but so far doesn't do enough for me. Get McGrath in the middle of the park instead of wide. Same old Saints square pegs in round holes. But for the sending off we could have won the game but IMO its papering over the cracks. Next week he has to bring Baird in and leave Foley in the midfield. Poor display Saints and piss poor ref.

24 minutes ago, guinness said:

Who actually makes the decisions now? Referee did not even give s free kick. Linesman never flagged. Fourth official in a worse position than referee. So actually decided that was a red card?. Is it some tosser watching on telly talking to the referee. var by the back door ?. Absolute joke.

Referee had a completely clear view and gave nothing. Correctly in my view.

What is the protocol that decisions made on the pitch by the referee are overturned.

Robbed of the 3 points by an outrageous decision.

Edited by Kenny fae Partick'

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
8 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Wasnt even close to borderline. Wasnt even a foul.

Studs to the shin while the leg is planted, not intentional, but that is without doubt borderline. 

Having a Gus Mcpherson clone in charge is getting harder and harder to take as the weeks go by we could potentially have our best league finish in years but it's going to be so f*****g boring getting there with every game before and during revolving around safety first.
Yeah would be much better watching a swashbuckling attacking team getting beat 4v2, 5v3 every week and be at the bottom of the league. What planet are you guys living on !

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

Studs to the shin while the leg is planted, not intentional, but that is without doubt borderline. 

Played the ball at speed with Stewart nowhere near it. Never a red card,  not even a yellow. 

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

First things first. St.Mirren were honking today. And yet another horrendous refereeing decision. But I don't get goodys way of thinking. Baird on the bench but he takes Foley ont of the midfield and leaves Baird on the bench. Morias the new Danny Mullen. Tries hard. But that's it. Not a starter in my book. No one scores but Obika. No midfielder has been near getting a goal this season. McAllister I like but so far doesn't do enough for me. Get McGrath in the middle of the park instead of wide. Same old Saints square pegs in round holes. But for the sending off we could have won the game but IMO its papering over the cracks. Next week he has to bring Baird in and leave Foley in the midfield. Poor display Saints and piss poor ref.

Morias is absolutely not the new Danny Mullen. Mullen scores goals and some very important ones at that. 

6 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Typical of the standard of officiating in the Scottish game. No one wants to address it however. 

Well I actually thought for his first Premiership match the referee had a very good game. The sending off is the controversy but he didn't give it though. He was wrong as it it was borderline red but was a foul and should have been carded.

Take up refereeing and address it yourself ? 

Guest TPAFKATS
I just assumed it was gollum standing nearby on touchline. Wee wullie always the centre of attention.

Stewart stretched and didn't get ball, Joe came in and hit ball then clattered Stewart on follow through. If we are now giving players a red for kicking the opponent on the follow through then there will be reds every game.

Guest TPAFKATS
Well I actually thought for his first Premiership match the referee had a very good game. The sending off is the controversy but he didn't give it though. He was wrong as it it was borderline red but was a foul and should have been carded.
Why do you say it was a foul?

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Played the ball at speed with Stewart nowhere near it. Never a red card,  not even a yellow. 

In today game it was a red and for me its the correct decision. Borderline but right. 

We lost 2 points for a lot more reasons than the red card. I thought we were lucky to be one up at that point and that RC deserved their point.

For us given circumstances I think we should be happy

12 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Looked to me like Shaugnessy clearly played the ball first and momentum did the rest. No way a red card. Draper's disgraceful antics alongside his greeting team mates allowed showboat Collum to take centre stage.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Right for a start if Stewart was nowhere near it we wouldn't be having the conversation because he would be nowhere near getting hit. I'm pretty sure the rule is dangerous wether or not it's intentional. And IMO studs to the shin at speed while the leg is planted is dangerous as I said above. I also think it's unfortunate and would bet most of the folk saying not a card would be screaming for it if it's the other way. 

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why do you say it was a foul?

The follow through caught Stewart badly around his knee. Reckless and won't be overturned

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Looked to me like Shaugnessy clearly played the ball first and momentum did the rest. No way a red card. Draper's disgraceful antics alongside his greeting team mates allowed showboat Collum to take centre stage.

Collum is a top referee and wouldn't have been influenced by Draper. You can moan all you like but its the right decision for me

If Collum gave it. There is a linesman too you know ?

Edited by lenziebud