St Mirren v Ross County 22/8/20

TopCat

14 minutes ago, guinness said:

Who actually makes the decisions now? Referee did not even give s free kick. Linesman never flagged. Fourth official in a worse position than referee. So actually decided that was a red card?. Is it some tosser watching on telly talking to the referee. var by the back door ?. Absolute joke.

Got to agree

Unless it was an off the ball incident

Shouldn't be involved

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

In today game it was a red and for me its the correct decision. Borderline but right. 

We lost 2 points for a lot more reasons than the red card. I thought we were lucky to be one up at that point and that RC deserved their point.

For us given circumstances I think we should be happy

We'll agree to disagree on the sending off. County did probably deserve something out of , what was a pretty poor game.

Collum is a top referee and wouldn't have been influenced by Draper. You can moan all you like but its the right decision for me

If Collum gave it. There is a linesman too you know ?

Collum is by no measure a top referee and he should be pulled up for this blunder. 

Collum is a top referee and wouldn't have been influenced by Draper. You can moan all you like but its the right decision for me

If Collum gave it. There is a linesman too you know ?

Are you feckin nuts. Did you see it in slow mo? Never even a card. 

Just now, truesaint said:

First prem game for the ref and influenced from feck all to a red card. Shocking.

Junk. If you have a Champions League standard referee assisting you what would you do in your first Premiership game. Refereeing is all about angles and he probably thought he had missed something so took the advice

It’s going to be a tight league again, just look at today, Hamilton beating Motherwell, I watched the highlights of stjohnstone v Aberdeen during the week and it was dire. We look like a big physical team this season just need some finesse up front. Avoiding the bottom two berths is my goal, anything else is a bonus. 

45 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Get some fresh legs on.

42 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Poor tactics now. 

27 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Best post of today couldn't agree more, Would say Jim's is probably a bit more negative 

I know we have signed a lot less than we let go, but JG needs to utilise his subs more often and earlier. It is as if he does not trust that they can do a job.

I think MacPherson was missed today and fully agree with earlier poster that Baird should have come on at the sending off...

Cannot wait for Flynn and Magennis to be fit . . .

This was a lost opportunity to take all 3 points and go 3rd. (Though 4th is not too shabby so far)

...And the new speedy inbound player ! :spud7

Just now, truesaint said:

You obviously don't support the buds. Look at it again in the replay and tell me what the feck he could have done apart from clear the ball. The appeal will go through easily.

Accidental doesn't mean it's not a red card if the criteria is dangerous or risk of injury. 

I agree there's nothing he could have done to get out of it, I 4eckon if the leg doesn't go down he just falls over, but I doubt an appeal will be successful. 

Looked to me like Shaugnessy clearly played the ball first and momentum did the rest. No way a red card. Draper's disgraceful antics alongside his greeting team mates allowed showboat Collum to take centre stage.

I didn’t think it was a red card for the tackle. Was it maybe something said during the handbags that followed?

3 minutes ago, truesaint said:

You obviously don't support the buds. Look at it again in the replay and tell me what the feck he could have done apart from clear the ball. The appeal will go through easily.

supported for well over 50 years. expect that's a bit longer than you. 

Think I've seen it replayed multiple times and disagree with you.