St Mirren v Ross County 22/8/20

TopCat

25 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

First things first. St.Mirren were honking today. And yet another horrendous refereeing decision. But I don't get goodys way of thinking. Baird on the bench but he takes Foley ont of the midfield and leaves Baird on the bench. Morias the new Danny Mullen. Tries hard. But that's it. Not a starter in my book. No one scores but Obika. No midfielder has been near getting a goal this season. McAllister I like but so far doesn't do enough for me. Get McGrath in the middle of the park instead of wide. Same old Saints square pegs in round holes. But for the sending off we could have won the game but IMO its papering over the cracks. Next week he has to bring Baird in and leave Foley in the midfield. Poor display Saints and piss poor ref.

Can't see that happening. Some players are guaranteed a jersey and some are definitely not.

I can't remember very often in the Jim era coming away from a game and thinking we played really well, if we win it's usually stuffy and totally unimaginative.

To be sitting 5th just shows the lack of quality in the league, I suppose you can only beat what is infront of you though.

19 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Well I actually thought for his first Premiership match the referee had a very good game. The sending off is the controversy but he didn't give it though. He was wrong as it it was borderline red but was a foul and should have been carded.

Take up refereeing and address it yourself ? 

I did but ended up taking my 2 sons fitba teams which you aren't allowed to do the two tasks

I also played the game unlike Collum

You get to know how certain things develop out of common sense applied

Collum doesn't have that

I thought ref had a decent game today unlike his superior

23 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Well I actually thought for his first Premiership match the referee had a very good game. The sending off is the controversy but he didn't give it though. He was wrong as it it was borderline red but was a foul and should have been carded.

Take up refereeing and address it yourself ? 

What about Vigurs studs up, waist high tackle on Mccarthy?

Just now, Long John Baldy said:

Dramatic to say that.

RC were well on top, impossible to say if they would or wouldn't have scored had we 11 men on the park

We were on top and looking the better team and looked solid at the back. I wouldn't say 'dramatic' but certainly changed the direction of the game.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Ano it’s early doors but that feels like a loss, that was a horrible tackle that cost us the game 🙈 frustrated more than anything 

I don’t think it was a horrible tackle Mattman. I think it was a genuine, full blooded attempt to clear the ball. Television has a habit of making things look worse than they are. Agree with the rest of your post though. 

3 minutes ago, mattman said:

Ano it’s early doors but that feels like a loss, that was a horrible tackle that cost us the game 🙈 frustrated more than anything 

It was even a tackle.He was clearing the ball and caught him on the follow through. No dangerous intent but unfortunate end result.

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

No we weren't...........................and as usual too many people are focusing on the sending off.

It's been well stated it's not mandatory to sit deep, like we did.

Anyhow, overall a decent point as they are a decent side going forward. 

Aye we done the exact same as we done last week, horrible watching but if it stops us from losing 2 points then I’m on board 😂

4 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

No we weren't...........................and as usual too many people are focusing on the sending off.

It's been well stated it's not mandatory to sit deep, like we did.

Anyhow, overall a decent point as they are a decent side going forward. 

Don't agree

We are at home against Ross County

2 points dropped but agree about the sitting deep

A poor tactic unless you have players who can break at pace

We don't have those players at the moment

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t think a red card should have been given, but it won’t be overturned for the reason Lenziebud states. 
The appeals panel will use the “dangerous play” angle to avoid having to go against a refereeing decision. 

They won't go against their top referee more like

Guest TPAFKATS
The follow through caught Stewart badly around his knee. Reckless and won't be overturned
No doubting he caught his knee, however as you say it was as he followed through from kicking the ball. Stewart had also stretched and missed the ball. It was a sore one but it looked a natural tackle which fairly won the ball, albeit a very robust one.

Guest TPAFKATS
It was even a tackle.He was clearing the ball and caught him on the follow through. No dangerous intent but unfortunate end result.
According to St Mirren TV commentary it was a late tackle. [emoji849]

Jim needs to get a handle on the substitutions, Kettlewell had made good changes before the sending off, we can only expect tired endings to games if the opposition make their full 5 changes and we only choose to make them when forced to. Doesn't appear Jim has confidence in many on the bench.

Guest TPAFKATS
We were the better team until the sending off. 
We were better in first half. They changed at half time and we're better, should have been level although junior also had a couple of great chances to get a second prior to sending off.

Guest TPAFKATS
Hope we appeal against county breaking the subs rule as well. Can only make the subs over 3 breaks in play. They used 4. 3 points to us please and you can fine them as well. Not that at I am at all bitter in anyway.
Surely gollum wouldn't get that wrong?