St Mirren v Ross County 22/8/20

TopCat

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

You must have been watching a different game, we created several chances before the sending off. Good point, onwards and upwards. 

Must have been right enough the only team creating chances after we went 1 up was ross county.. 4 good chances at that they had.. that's 2 own goals we've scored in 4 games... with 3 at the other end kidna of tells you our tactics... 2 points dropped 

53 minutes ago, truesaint said:

We were on top and looking the better team and looked solid at the back. I wouldn't say 'dramatic' but certainly changed the direction of the game.

Indeed we were.

We had two great chances just before the sending off.

3 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Stop making valid points. Who's side are you on?

If we made a sub at half time too would that have made a difference according to rules below.

13 minutes ago, Yflab said:

They made two substitutes at HT which is not included in the count. Nothing wrong with what they did.

In summary:

• Each team will be permitted to use a maximum of five substitutes.
  • To reduce disruption to the match, each team will have a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the game; substitutions may also be made at half-time.
  • If both teams make a substitution at the same time, this will count as one of the three opportunities for each team.
  • Unused substitutions and opportunities are carried forward into extra time.
  • Where competition rules allow an additional substitution in extra time, teams will each have one additional substitution opportunity; substitutions may also be made before the start of extra time and at half-time in extra time.

53 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Jim needs to get a handle on the substitutions, Kettlewell had made good changes before the sending off, we can only expect tired endings to games if the opposition make their full 5 changes and we only choose to make them when forced to. Doesn't appear Jim has confidence in many on the bench.

De ja vu of last year. 2 extra subs per game and we still don't use them to freshen things up.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Borderline?

The ref didn't even give a free kick!

His mistake and he'll get marked down for it. Followed the ball and didn't watch for the follow through. All good referee's watch for that.

Overall for first Premiership game I thought he was very good.

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It’s going to be a tight league again, just look at today, Hamilton beating Motherwell, I watched the highlights of stjohnstone v Aberdeen during the week and it was dire. We look like a big physical team this season just need some finesse up front. Avoiding the bottom two berths is my goal, anything else is a bonus. 

We can do better than that with as you say a wee bit of finesse up front. At the moment we are badly lacking up front but Flynn, Macgennis and hopefully Dennis will help.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

I did but ended up taking my 2 sons fitba teams which you aren't allowed to do the two tasks

I also played the game unlike Collum

You get to know how certain things develop out of common sense applied

Collum doesn't have that

I thought ref had a decent game today unlike his superior

I agree with you on Collum. Its his biggest weakness that he doesn't have a feel for the game. Still a top referee but I agree with you on his manner

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

No we weren't...........................and as usual too many people are focusing on the sending off.

It's been well stated it's not mandatory to sit deep, like we did.

Anyhow, overall a decent point as they are a decent side going forward

Which we aren't currently

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Ah well take the point given the circumstances. Good to see big Jon on the scoresheet yet again, what a player he is.

Is he really ?

I think he is okay but not "what a player" level.

A good pre season has helped this year and he is finding the net but I feel we could get more out of him. 

Hopefully Dennis is the player to do that for him. Felt he was helped by Jackubiak last season.

2 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Accidental doesn't mean it's not a red card if the criteria is dangerous or risk of injury. 

I agree there's nothing he could have done to get out of it, I 4eckon if the leg doesn't go down he just falls over, but I doubt an appeal will be successful. 

If that is a red card then referees have to send off 4 or 5 players per game.

Not straight through the ball with the only intent to clear it up field. No defender in their right mind is weighing up where the opposition player is going to put their foot or leg they're simply concentrating on cleanly hitting the ball. You can't go ordering them all off for dangerous play when opposition get unfortunately placed.

Awful decision.

17 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Is he really ?

I think he is okay but not "what a player" level.

A good pre season has helped this year and he is finding the net but I feel we could get more out of him. 

Hopefully Dennis is the player to do that for him. Felt he was helped by Jackubiak last season.

Has scored 2 in 4 . Not sure what more you're looking for? 

I expect us to appeal the red card and expect it to be reduced to a yellow. 

How can the 4th official ( wee c***) see from his angle, something that the ref or the lineman couldn't see from better angles and from a closer distance. 

19 minutes ago, munoz said:

Has scored 2 in 4 . Not sure what more you're looking for? 

I'm saying he is a better player with someone to play off. Don't feel Morais is good enough despite Jim's bull after the game (What else was he going to say). Think deep down that Jim will be disappointed overall with his signing of Morais.so far. Hoping Dennis shapes up and gives him the partner that Jackubiak was for him. If we can get that then we'll won't be complete backs to the wall against a team like RC when down to 10 men ?

Would also like to see him be more of a threat at set pieces and use his physicality more. Not sure he has scored a goal with his head yet or even came close ?

He is not "what a player level". When you have watched Somner, McAvennie, McDougall, Weir etc then Obika is just ok !

Edited by lenziebud

27 minutes ago, WirralSaint said:

If that is a red card then referees have to send off 4 or 5 players per game.

Not straight through the ball with the only intent to clear it up field. No defender in their right mind is weighing up where the opposition player is going to put their foot or leg they're simply concentrating on cleanly hitting the ball. You can't go ordering them all off for dangerous play when opposition get unfortunately placed.

Awful decision.

As I said before I think it's unfortunate that Ross Stewart leg had hit the ground and it wasn't intentional. Fraction of a second earlier and he'd have ridden the tackle. 

12 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

As I said before I think it's unfortunate that Ross Stewart leg had hit the ground and it wasn't intentional. Fraction of a second earlier and he'd have ridden the tackle. 

Just watched the tackle on Sportscene again there. It does look slightly worse the more times I've seen it ,  but still dont think it's a definite red. What's more galling for me is , the ref on his debut in the Premiership deemed the tackle fine and he was 10yrds away,  but the wee kunt (Scotland's best ref)double the distance away says it's a red. f**k me, what does that say about refs being promoted and the so called teachers?