St Mirren v Ross County 22/8/20

TopCat

Fairly sure it was a match v Hearts when Michael Stewart was sent off following ref's discussion with 4th official

I seem to recall a game (league down I think) at Love St so some time ago when I think an opposing player was sent off after intervention from a 4th official probably not long after they were introduced. Beyond those hazy recollections very little actual details.

Fairly sure it was a match v Hearts when Michael Stewart was sent off following ref's discussion with 4th official

I seem to recall a game (league down I think) at Love St so some time ago when I think an opposing player was sent off after intervention from a 4th official probably not long after they were introduced. Beyond those hazy recollections very little actual details.

7 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Take on board your comments but we have to he realistic we only had two bounce games against Hibs and Hamilton and have now played just four league matches new players are still gelling and we sit in sixth position with a game in hand all in all we have to be pleased so far.

The game in hand will be lost as always against Celtic. I never accept this so called excuse of players having to “gel”. They are professional footballers, it’s their sport, they don’t need to learn something new. That’s what training is for. I’m afraid I agree with the chap who has said we’ve not played well this season so far.  Two scrappy wins, a tanking and a lucky draw against Ross County. Next up , a team we have always struggled against. Need a vast improvement. Oh, and a centre forward.

13 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

The game in hand will be lost as always against Celtic. I never accept this so called excuse of players having to “gel”. They are professional footballers, it’s their sport, they don’t need to learn something new. That’s what training is for. I’m afraid I agree with the chap who has said we’ve not played well this season so far.  Two scrappy wins, a tanking and a lucky draw against Ross County. Next up , a team we have always struggled against. Need a vast improvement. Oh, and a centre forward.

Don’t worry about things Elvis,we’ll be fine.🏁

14 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

New players do need time to gel on the training pitch is not the same as a match day scenario anyone starting in a new place takes time to bed in. As for saturday they have looked rather poor insipid at the back. I will settle for some scrappy wins( would you rather we lost or drew them) these are games we may well have lost in the past this season we havent 7 points on the board is a good start a platform to build from. And i believe we brought a new striker in last week we are not in the market for another its a winger JG is looking at 

1 hour ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

New players do need time to gel on the training pitch is not the same as a match day scenario anyone starting in a new place takes time to bed in. As for saturday they have looked rather poor insipid at the back. I will settle for some scrappy wins( would you rather we lost or drew them) these are games we may well have lost in the past this season we havent 7 points on the board is a good start a platform to build from. And i believe we brought a new striker in last week we are not in the market for another its a winger JG is looking at 

Fair enough, we have our own views.