How Many Victories???

After a weekend discussion about this much improved start to a season now we have 2 wins from our first 3 games how many victories can we realistically expect this season???

I have had a look our last 5 seasons in Top League have produced 7,8,9,9 & 10 victories but some of those seasons our 2nd victory took months to come.

Our recent away record as highlighted previously in here is really poor since our return in 2018 we have (pre-split) only won 4 away games 2 v Hamilton & 2 v Motherwell.

I have been told I should stop going to away games as despite going to around 90% of away games I missed all 4 of those victories above the last away win I saw was Dundee away last game of season 2019.

Every match we play this season apart from the old firm and possibly Hibs away every team will expect to win as there isnt really that much separating the other 9 teams but an improvement away from home and we could be looking at our best ever season wins wise.

I was thinking along these lines, what our targets for the season should be

1. 40 points to avoid 11/12th spots although most seasons you get away with less.
  2. Brucie Bonus: a challenge for a Top 6 place that goes beyond Xmas/New Year, a feat we've only (arguably) made once in 12 previous attempts - 12/13 when DL blew it by paying a transfer fee for Doug Imrie in January - without checking this normally takes about 45 points (at the split) although sometimes it's a bit less.
Edited by Bud the Baker

If we are to fulfil my top 6 prediction, then we are going to have to win more games away (as previously stated) and try and turn the games we normally draw into wins. 

Our home record is now pretty decent and we don't lose too many games, so that gives us a solid base to build on. 

Keep as many of our key players fit and become more clinical when we are on top in games, then the sky's the limit. 

A very optimistic 15 wins for me.

• 6 months later...