Jack Baird

11 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Ethan will be next ,no youngsters  will be given a chance

Ethan has been given a chance and at 19 it is baseless to suggest he won't get another one (if deemed good enough). Meanwhile addressing your "no youngsters" comment.

John McGinn

Kenny Mclean 

Lewis Morgan 

Stevie Mallan

Kyle Magennis

Kyle Mcallister

Cammy MacPherson

Jay Henderson

Lewis Jamieson

Josh Jack

Cameron Breadner 

Nicholas McAllister

Sounds like what you mean is "unless St Mirren play a full team of youth graduates all the time, they aren't giving youth a chance" lol

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Ethan has been given a chance and at 19 it is baseless to suggest he won't get another one (if deemed good enough). Meanwhile addressing your "no youngsters" comment.

John McGinn

Kenny Mclean 

Lewis Morgan 

Stevie Mallan

Kyle Magennis

Kyle Mcallister

Cammy MacPherson

Jay Henderson

Lewis Jamieson

Josh Jack

Cameron Breadner 

Nicholas McAllister

Sounds like what you mean is "unless St Mirren play a full team of youth graduates all the time, they aren't giving youth a chance" lol

Think he mean by Goodwin, not the club. 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

It's the right decision IMO , and gives us a chance to get someone else in before Hibs ! JG knows Jacko's limitations , but he really should have brought him on for the injured Fraser on Saturday , if only to keep our shape . 

Aye it does. As long as Jack Ross doesn't find out who it is and signs him first 

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Think he mean by Goodwin, not the club. 

Maybe but I think either way it's nonsense, can hardly judge Goodwin on his youth policy in a little over a season, especially evidencing it on a 24 year old deemed not good enough. 

He's also featuring several youth graduates (when fit) almost every game. 👍

Guest TPAFKATS

Best decision all round. Leaving him scunnered on the bench while everyone else is likely to get a game before him was only going to destroy his confidence.

Wasn't a bad defender, but distribution was probably the weakest part of his game.

Hope he gets a decent gig.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

John McGinn

Kenny Mclean 

Lewis Morgan 

Stevie Mallan

Kyle Magennis

Kyle Mcallister

Cammy MacPherson

Jay Henderson

Lewis Jamieson

Josh Jack

Cameron Breadner 

Nicholas McAllister

I am talking about now ,he only played Cammy because of injury ,he will be out soon, and the other boys are there because of regulations ,they will get 10 mins here or there and then out on loan or out the door.

11 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

I am talking about now ,he only played Cammy because of injury ,he will be out soon, and the other boys are there because of regulations ,they will get 10 mins here or there and then out on loan or out the door.

Cammy played a lot last season, Maggenis will play when back, McAlister playing, he's also given young lads a shot off the bench. Your expectations are far too high, he has a duty to play the strongest team and if that doesn't mean playing 11 youth graduates, he won't do it. I would be surprised if we had played many games over Jim's time that didn't have one or two youth graduates feature, often more. That's the nature of football, you can't just play a team of boys and compete at this level. 

Ultimately there is very little difference between the way youth grads play under Goody and any other manager (he's also said in the summer a couple of the boys at ages 15/16 are close to playing and through our academy have represented Scotland, one even went on a trial period to a big club over seas. So your question on scrapping the academy is indeed unfounded)

You're being melodramatic about the release of a player that was 1. Not good enough 2. Didn't join our youth ranks until he was around 17/18 and 3. Isn't what you'd consider an overlay young player anymore. Negative for the sake of negativity, let's face it, you have a lot of previous. 

I can just picture it now.

Bairdy signs for Morton.

Televised League Cup game.

Bairdy scores a Perfect hat trick. Bullet header, 25 yard left footed pile driver and a right footed Klaus Fischeresque bicycle kick.

OK perhaps unlikely but he’d be bustin a f**kin gut that’s for sure. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I can just picture it now.

Bairdy signs for Morton.

Televised League Cup game.

Bairdy scores a Perfect hat trick. Bullet header, 25 yard left footed pile driver and a right footed Klaus Fischeresque bicycle kick.

OK perhaps unlikely but he’d be bustin a f**kin gut that’s for sure. 

Why don’t we just put 11 fans out on the park then? I’m confident they’d all bust a gut too.

19 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Ethan will be next ,no youngsters  will be given a chance

Baird is hardly in the category of 'youngster not given a chance'.

He's 24, definitely no longer a youngster and most of his 150 appearances for us came from the age of 18-22 when he was a young player.

25 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Why don’t we just put 11 fans out on the park then? I’m confident they’d all bust a gut too.

Indeed. But chances are they’d all be fat khunts who couldnae kick their ain erses.

I wouldn’t quite put Bairdy in that category.

Just in case you missed it though, my previous post was somewhat in jest. 

14 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

You’re having a shocker Waldo 😂

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's 24, definitely no longer a youngster and most of his 150 appearances for us came from the age of 18-22 when he was a young player.

Which is perhaps the salient point. he still had many of the same faults last year when JG loaned him out that he had when he came into the team, there comes a time when a player is no longer "one for the future".

I agree . But its up to the youngsters in training and 2nd team games to show the boss they can hack it. Imo I think there is a great crop of youngsters coming thru. Especially Lewis Jamieson Joshu Jack and Jay Henderson and the good thing is there all attacking players. Coyz

20 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Aye, that daftie Ferguson tried that at Man Utd. :thumbs2

Aye, such an easy formula, no wonder every manager at every club has mastered it every season since :whistle

Back to Jack Baird, Ayr a great move for him. Hopefully that means there was some sort of reasonable severance package on the contract and we have a wee bit of dosh to bring in a replacement.