Jack Baird

25 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Plenty of successful and talented managers bring youth into a team, it's not unusual.

Yep Jim Goodwin being one of them. A success last year, success (so far) this year with a squad sprinkled with young players/ graduates. 

Edited by bazil85

30 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I'm pissing myself you seen last season as a success.

I'm assuming you don't watch any of our games?

Let's have a wee look, League Cup, played 4 won 1 (The might Edinburgh City) Lost 1 (The giants that are Dunfermline) and drew 2 (East Kilbride and Albion Rovers)

FAILED to qualify, costing the club some money, and possibly quite a lot of money had we made decent progress. 

Scottish Cup, quarter finals, not too bad, but going down again without laying a glove on Aberdeen and not scoring yet again. 

The league campaign, we won 7 games, lost 15 and drew 8.

We didn't score in an astounding 13 games. 

This isn't going into detail on our performances in many of these games, check out the match day threads, was mind blowingly dull.

Aye, success, if you have no ambition.

This season, aye, good points total but again, have you watched our games?

The performances have been poor but you keep believing we're successful. :lol:

Last season was yet another season of progress for SMFC. Our last four seasons have went from 

7th Championship 

1st Championship

11th SP

9th SP

On what planet is that not a success last season? A St Mirren fan with unrealistic expectations, who'd a thought? lol

Yes the league cup campaign was a hard one to take, that's one part of it where we didn't meet expectations but overall, yes it was a success. 

Quarter final in the Scottish cup is punching above expectation, there is no parameter where that's a failure 

I'll take year on year progress as a sign of "success" thanks. Maybe you'll have to wait until we win the Champions League 🤣

7 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I'm pissing myself at your view that last season was a success and putting this season, so far, as a success.

Do you watch any of our games? 

You're not seriously taking a false final league position as success? 

Oh you are.

😂😂😂

Usual stupid comment at the end to try to make your post anything more than straw grasping. 

🤡

The league position is what it is regarding last season. Who know we could have ended up higher, you'll likely look to the negative that we could have ended up lower but hey, I'm a positive kinda guy. record books show us as 9th though so another season of progress for the Saints, some fans never happy (we know this)

There's nothing straw-grasping about it, we have factually progressed four seasons in a row. If you don't see that as a success, I wonder what you would see? 🤣

23 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Happy for Bairdy signing for Ayr United. Good move for him as I think Brian Reid my mistake. Its Mark Kerr who is in charge is their gaffer a decent Centre back himself. Morton fans on Twitter are spitting feathers. They thought it was nailed on his was joining them.

really ?, looks like second mistake ?

As it is I'm not sold on Kerr as a manager. Lets see how long he survives

On 9/4/2020 at 2:48 PM, bazil85 said:

Yep Jim Goodwin being one of them. A success last year, success (so far) this year with a squad sprinkled with young players/ graduates. 

Hmm, I think the jury is out on that. 

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had last season been played out.

This season I think we have been very very average to poor. At the moment unless Dennis and Connolly shape up I not much hopeful this season is going to be any better than last.

11 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had last season been played out.

This season I think we have been very very average to poor. At the moment unless Dennis and Connolly shape up I not much hopeful this season is going to be any better than last.

Outwith the gruesome twosome which other team has been above average?  Strange times, no fans and new players and injured players to come into the team. I am simply grateful for any football at this time. 5 league games and 7 points to date. A long way to go.  We are living with reduced income and far from being a top 6 side.  I am not judging the team until the first quarter at least and when we have our best players on the pitch.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:18 PM, bazil85 said:

Ethan has been given a chance and at 19 it is baseless to suggest he won't get another one (if deemed good enough). Meanwhile addressing your "no youngsters" comment.

John McGinn

Kenny Mclean 

Lewis Morgan 

Stevie Mallan

Kyle Magennis

Kyle Mcallister

Cammy MacPherson

Jay Henderson

Lewis Jamieson

Josh Jack

Cameron Breadner 

Nicholas McAllister

Sounds like what you mean is "unless St Mirren play a full team of youth graduates all the time, they aren't giving youth a chance" lol

Josh Jack shipped out

0_Edwin-van-der-Sar-has-written-this-open-letter-to-Man-United-fans-after-the-club-completed-the-signi.jpg

On 9/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, lenziebud said:

Sure would have been interesting, we were sitting prettier than three other teams so hopefully we would have built on that. 

This has been one of our best starts to a top flight season in the last generation. We are sitting top six with a game in hand over three teams ahead of us and five teams below us. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sure would have been interesting, we were sitting prettier than three other teams so hopefully we would have built on that. 

This has been one of our best starts to a top flight season in the last generation. We are sitting top six with a game in hand over three teams ahead of us and five teams below us. 

Bazil, you are fighting a losing battle. Haters will be haters. Some 'fans' are never happy regardless. 
I am happy with progress. Plenty of room for improvement, though I am happy with recruitment and how we are shaping up.