Covid-19 Club Statement

50 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Anyone know who this is? Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3761-club-statement-6

Not a hard one to figure out now when Brian Rice confirmed Lee Hodson has to miss next 2 games due to track and trace as he is currently being put up by the St. Mirren player who tested positive.

A certain player who signed in the summer said he was sold on a move to the club by his best mate, Lee Hodson. So easy enough to put 2 and 2 together and assume we'll be going with Lyness in goals on Saturday. 

Not a hard one to figure out now when Brian Rice confirmed Lee Hodson has to miss next 2 games due to track and trace as he is currently being put up by the St. Mirren player who tested positive.
A certain player who signed in the summer said he was sold on a move to the club by his best mate, Lee Hodson. So easy enough to put 2 and 2 together and assume we'll be going with Lyness in goals on Saturday. 
I'm on holiday with patchy (at best) Internet access so it was news to me. I've only seen the club statement.

Why would anyone wish a full recovery to someone who has no symptoms and whose result is more than likely a false positive?
Crazy stuff. 
I've only seen the club statement due to patchy internet so asked for more information and wished for a full recovery for someone who tested positive for a virus that can kill people. If that makes me crazy so be it, I'm crazy.

On the bright side, I don't prove myself crazy like some people on here do in a never-ending, skim inducing fashion.

31 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Cheers, mate, but I should maybe have said I'm abroad with patchy internet and no VPN - can't access BBC.

emoji846.png

St Mirren have confirmed that goalkeeper Jak Alnwick is the player self-isolating after testing positive for Covid-19 on Monday.

It follows the news that housemate Lee Hodson, the former St Mirren full-back now with Hamilton Academical, is having to isolate for 14 days.

Alnwick will miss St Mirren's games against Hibernian and Celtic.

Manager Jim Goodwin said: "We are disappointed for Jak, but he's doing well and recovering."

The St Mirren boss said he would normally be reluctant to reveal personal details but stressed: "Somebody has leaked it out there on social media and there's no point us denying it. It would be perfectly clear to everyone when the team is selected on Saturday anyway."

41 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Game has to be cancelled. 

I think we'll have to play it , with testing and track and trace in place now , it'll be a  case of if we can field a team , then we must go ahead ! I hope I'm wrong and we get the postponement , but I doubt very much if the SPFL will be wanting 3 more games off !

Once it was established the original positive wasn't false it's been a safe bet others will now test positive given they have been working together all week previously. I doubt Saturday will go ahead as it exposes people outside our group (Hibs staff) to possible infection and so it would start to spread. That said we ain't Septic so no doubt different rules apply ! Where / who announced Alnwick had no symptoms. I doubt greatly that sort of medical details for an individual would be released.

I think we'll have to play it , with testing and track and trace in place now , it'll be a  case of if we can field a team , then we must go ahead ! I hope I'm wrong and we get the postponement , but I doubt very much if the SPFL will be wanting 3 more games off !
I agree Billy. But Aberdeen and Celtic had games cancelled when they have big enough squads to play a competitive team. So uts a wait and see. But like you I think k the game will go ahead.

20 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Why would anyone wish a full recovery to someone who has no symptoms and whose result is more than likely a false positive?

Crazy stuff. 

17 hours ago, HSS said:

St Mirren have confirmed that goalkeeper Jak Alnwick is the player self-isolating after testing positive for Covid-19 on Monday.

It follows the news that housemate Lee Hodson, the former St Mirren full-back now with Hamilton Academical, is having to isolate for 14 days.

Alnwick will miss St Mirren's games against Hibernian and Celtic.

Manager Jim Goodwin said: "We are disappointed for Jak, but he's doing well and recovering."

The St Mirren boss said he would normally be reluctant to reveal personal details but stressed: "Somebody has leaked it out there on social media and there's no point us denying it. It would be perfectly clear to everyone when the team is selected on Saturday anyway."

I wonder who is right about the lack of symptoms. Does anyone believe Pseudonym?

27 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
10 hours ago, billyg said:

I agree Billy. But Aberdeen and Celtic had games cancelled when they have big enough squads to play a competitive team. So uts a wait and see. But like you I think k the game will go ahead.

Was it not more of a punishment for those two because their players didn’t follow the rules - as long as our players have stuck to guidelines we may have to go ahead.

^^^^^ Sounding more and more desperate for the game to be postponed. [emoji28]

It's the double standards if we are made to play that gets to me. One rule for the likes of Celtic another for us. We will be far more affected playing with 2 players at least unavailable plus we are lead to believe this despite following all protocols. The green cheeks had a player break protocols, didn't even test positive yet didn't play. Nothing else about this concerns me. The fact we will be playing while weakened does. If that doesn't bother you fair enough just seems a tad unfair and smacks of the usual double standards. Not sure what angle you are looking at it from ? To my eyes it increases our chances of losing a game.

If we have enough fit players this game should go ahead.
No way should it be cancelled.
Changed days from when we all lauded Tom Hendrie for getting a game postponed when we were weakened by a bug. What's changed ? If I was JG and thought this reduced our chances of winning I would 100% be trying for a postponement.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
If we have enough fit players this game should go ahead.
No way should it be cancelled.

Changed days from when we all lauded Tom Hendrie for getting a game postponed when we were weakened by a bug. What's changed ? If I was JG and thought this reduced our chances of winning I would 100% be trying for a postponement.

Nothing has changed from my perspective.

I have always wanted games to be played unless we can't field a team.

This is why we have squads. Illness happens.