Covid-19 Club Statement

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
If we have enough fit players this game should go ahead.
No way should it be cancelled.

Changed days from when we all lauded Tom Hendrie for getting a game postponed when we were weakened by a bug. What's changed ? If I was JG and thought this reduced our chances of winning I would 100% be trying for a postponement.

It's a fully different scenario.

The postponement due to a bug levelled the entire squad with sickness and diarrhoea, we literally couldn't have put a side together.

2 players coming down with an illness is no different to 2 player being injured. The game has to go ahead, postponing every time someone catches covid means we'll be left with no season whatsoever as every club in the country is going to be affected at some point.

41 minutes ago, smcc said:

I wonder who is right about the lack of symptoms. Does anyone believe Pseudonym?

Let me get this straight, to prove that Alnwick has symptoms you provide a quote that doesn’t mention symptoms! 😂

I understand that Alnwick’s alleged positive test was picked up by routine testing and he was then told to self isolate. 

But surely if he had symptoms then he’d already have been self isolating?

I really couldn’t care less who believes what I say! 

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a fully different scenario.

The postponement due to a bug levelled the entire squad with sickness and diarrhoea, we literally couldn't have put a side together.

2 players coming down with an illness is no different to 2 player being injured. The game has to go ahead, postponing every time someone catches covid means we'll be left with no season whatsoever as every club in the country is going to be affected at some point.

Indeed it’s a different scenario. Back in 99/00 the players in question WERE actually ill. 

The players today aren’t ill.

Interesting to note that more people died in the flu epidemic of 99/00 than have died in 2019/20 - despite there being a flu vaccine. 

Yet not only did we not lockdown, shut the NHS, remove people’s liberties and wreck the economy, no-one even remembers it!

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nothing has changed from my perspective.

I have always wanted games to be played unless we can't field a team.

This is why we have squads. Illness happens.

We don’t even know if these players are ill! 

If we started testing for fragments of every virus that exists regardless of actual illness then we’d probably have to reduce football to 5 a sides. 

The whole thing is ludicrous.

Was it him, I've had him on ignore for ages just saw it mentioned in a quoted post. Yeah totally made up then.
It's okay for you, you won't see it, but you've set him off again. I feel like quoting all of those posts so you see them just to get my own back...

[emoji846]

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Let me get this straight, to prove that Alnwick has symptoms you provide a quote that doesn’t mention symptoms! 😂

I understand that Alnwick’s alleged positive test was picked up by routine testing and he was then told to self isolate. 

But surely if he had symptoms then he’d already have been self isolating?

I really couldn’t care less who believes what I say! 

Are you suggesting that JG said he was recovering from no symptoms? 🤣

37 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Whats the punishment? There no fans anyway

Maybe ‘punishment’ was wrong wording - what I was getting at was the postponement of those two games were meant as a “yellow card” from the government because they breached the rules but this time guidance was followed and so the game would only be postponed if football authorities think there is a risk

Maybe ‘punishment’ was wrong wording - what I was getting at was the postponement of those two games were meant as a “yellow card” from the government because they breached the rules but this time guidance was followed and so the game would only be postponed if football authorities think there is a risk

Could be right bud

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

He was one of the few that crossed my mind , Hearts will be looking to get him games when he'll be mostly on their bench this season !

What's to stop him throwing one in the net to get us back for relegating them. He's prone to howlers, so how would we know the difference?:lol: