Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
mattman

Welcome Lee Erwin

Recommended Posts


On 9/10/2020 at 7:48 PM, santaponsasaint said:

Welcome Lee. Not sure about this one. Very good hold up player. But since his Motherwell time his goal scoring has not been great. Surpried RC let him go. As they have had a few bids from Rotherham for Ross Stewart. Also can he play CB lol. So does that drop Morias to 4th choice with Kristen Dennis coming in.

I would say his goal-scoring record has never been great. At Motherwell he only managed 5 goals from 34 games. The only place he has had a decent return was a loan spell at Arbroath, where he banged in 8 goals in 11 games. But, at all other clubs his goal scoring has been woeful. Obika is a much better finisher based on the stats. 

I think he has been brought in to link up play between the midfield and Obika and hold the ball up. That is what he is good at. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would say his goal-scoring record has never been great. At Motherwell he only managed 5 goals from 34 games. The only place he has had a decent return was a loan spell at Arbroath, where he banged in 8 goals in 11 games. But, at all other clubs his goal scoring has been woeful. Obika is a much better finisher based on the stats.  I think he has been brought in to link up play between the midfield and Obika and hold the ball up. That is what he is good at. 

 

Dont think he a replacement for Obika. Morias hasn't cut it and Dennis is a unknown quality.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Erwin, Morias & Jakubiak all now outscored by a midfielder with only 6 games under his belt.

Jakubiak a dud
Clearly never saw him play for Motherwell !!!
Erwin tore us apart in a game at Motherwell. And done OK at Killie and some Killie fans on P&B were sorry to see him leave to his big money move in Iran.
And Jakubiak helped Obika enormously in my opinion as he held the ball up well and brought Obika into play. One of our biggest problems is losing the ball at the top end of the park and Jackubiak done that job well. Hopefully Erin can as well and find a scoring touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Lee Erwin, Morias & Jakubiak all now outscored by a midfielder with only 6 games under his belt.

You don't half love to find a negative.

While I agree with your view on quite a few topics it's a bit tiring.

PS How did your half time prediction turn out last night? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The performance was pretty negative the result wasnt and even Steven Thompson was clearly unimpressed with Erwin last night judging by his comments.
I was unlucky I thought last night as you and every other poster pointed out Thistle were by far the better team for 70+ minutes at 1-1 I was sure my prediction was coming true alas 1 good goal and 2 St Mirren style defensive blunders and suddenly we are world beaters.

PS about my tiring viewpoints unlike alot of posters in here I put my head above the parapet straight away on quite alot of subjects Jakubiak, Erwin & Partick to win 3-1 to name 3 I take alot of flak so just like to point out when I'm right which is quite alot.

You don't half love to find a negative.
While I agree with your view on quite a few topics it's a bit tiring.
PS How did your half time prediction turn out last night? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

The performance was pretty negative the result wasnt and even Steven Thompson was clearly unimpressed with Erwin last night judging by his comments.
I was unlucky I thought last night as you and every other poster pointed out Thistle were by far the better team for 70+ minutes at 1-1 I was sure my prediction was coming true alas 1 good goal and 2 St Mirren style defensive blunders and suddenly we are world beaters.

PS about my tiring viewpoints unlike alot of posters in here I put my head above the parapet straight away on quite alot of subjects Jakubiak, Erwin & Partick to win 3-1 to name 3 I take alot of flak so just like to point out when I'm right which is quite alot.
 

Aye, but repeating it every flippin day becomes a bit tedious and also, IMO, loses any relevance.

Oh, you could just have said your prediction was mince instead of digging about for some abstract reason you were wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure there is a way to check back but I reckon I have maybe 20 posts in around 6 months so not exactly every day.

OK my prediction was mince just a pity my prediction about Erwin is spot on.

Aye, but repeating it every flippin day becomes a bit tedious and also, IMO, loses any relevance.
Oh, you could just have said your prediction was mince instead of digging about for some abstract reason you were wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lee Erwin, Morias & Jakubiak all now outscored by a midfielder with only 6 games under his belt.

I don’t disagree with your comments on the scoring exploits of some of our recent strikers, but rather than focus on the negative side, let’s be positive about Connolly‘s impact - have we found a player who can contribute the goals from midfield that in recent years have been missing ?

His finish was good and composed, as was Obika‘s, however, Tait’s header was the best of the night for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm pretty sure there is a way to check back but I reckon I have maybe 20 posts in around 6 months so not exactly every day.

OK my prediction was mince just a pity my prediction about Erwin is spot on.

In the last 3 and a bit weeks you've made about 30 posts, the vast majority of the same trend. :lol:

As I said, you do make some decent points, just give us a fecking rest about it. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pod said:

Hope it doesn't take that long. :unsure:    

To be fair, it already hasn't... Erwin took about three minutes to get off the mark for Saints.

He was poor last night though. As I put on P&B, the bit when he failed to slide the ball in to the overlapping Connolly was basically a crime against football. Instead he turned the other way and thumped it at a defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I did say on this thread at the start I wasn't sure about Erwin. Now I am sure. He's poor. Now we know why County were so quick to release him.

Makes you wonder what the hell happened to him. Looked like such a player at Motherwell; it's not like he's lost pace or gotten particularly old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sensible post my God some on here are very quick to judge someone there is definite talent there and that is why Leeds paid a large fee for him a few years ago.He is still young and the reason County cancelled his contract was for family reasons.So I say let's get behind him offer our support and see how things pan out.

I think its unfair to be writing off Erwins St Mirren career after a handful of games, in which he's already scored. Sure, he had a poor game the other night but that shouldn't define him. Give him time to at least settle in first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Very sensible post my God some on here are very quick to judge someone there is definite talent there and that is why Leeds paid a large fee for him a few years ago.He is still young and the reason County cancelled his contract was for family reasons.So I say let's get behind him offer our support and see how things pan out.

That's be the biggest factor in most games throughout the league, the missing fans.  The only game we've had supporters at, we won.  Abide, they were on the other side of the fence. :)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Makes you wonder what the hell happened to him. Looked like such a player at Motherwell; it's not like he's lost pace or gotten particularly old.

Absolutely pish he is...no point waiting and seeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Very sensible post my God some on here are very quick to judge someone there is definite talent there and that is why Leeds paid a large fee for him a few years ago.He is still young and the reason County cancelled his contract was for family reasons.So I say let's get behind him offer our support and see how things pan out.

Absolutely. He’s off the mark already and I believe he’ll come good and get us the gaols we’re looking for.

Give him time ffs !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Very sensible post my God some on here are very quick to judge someone there is definite talent there and that is why Leeds paid a large fee for him a few years ago.He is still young and the reason County cancelled his contract was for family reasons.So I say let's get behind him offer our support and see how things pan out.

Well said Sir, totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...