So you don’t want flower of Scotland?

ALBIONSAINT

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I used to really like Flower of Scotland but it was replacing Scotland the Brave so that was understandable.

Now I hate it.

Can't think of a decent song to replace it though.

Perhaps Loch Lomond or God Save the Queen (joking!)?

I don’t remember STB being used as our Anthem.I thought we went straight to FOS from GSTQ.

I used to really like Flower of Scotland but it was replacing Scotland the Brave so that was understandable.
Now I hate it.
Can't think of a decent song to replace it though.
Perhaps Loch Lomond or God Save the Queen (joking!)?
For These Are My Mountains
Wild Mountain Thyme
The Jeely Piece Song
Ally Bally Bee

3 hours ago, HSS said:

I don’t remember STB being used as our Anthem.I thought we went straight to FOS from GSTQ.

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, HSS said:

Was STB not used at the rugby and, I think, for a short while at the Commonwealth Games? I don't recall it at football.

I remembered watching the cameras passing Jim Leighton in the 80s and 90s while STB was being played. I can't trust my memories anymore so I checked.

From Wiki.

"Scotland the Brave" was played before matches involving the Scottish team at the 1982, 1986 and 1990 FIFA World Cups.[3][4][5][6] "Flower of Scotland" was subsequently adopted by Scotland for use at FIFA-sponsored events, after its usage by the Scottish rugby union team.[6]

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I remembered watching the cameras passing Jim Leighton in the 80s and 90s while STB was being played. I can't trust my memories anymore so I checked.

From Wiki.

"Scotland the Brave" was played before matches involving the Scottish team at the 1982, 1986 and 1990 FIFA World Cups.[3][4][5][6] "Flower of Scotland" was subsequently adopted by Scotland for use at FIFA-sponsored events, after its usage by the Scottish rugby union team.[6]

I was at the WC in 1990 😂

A more upbeat rehashed version of this with deeper vocal aggression. It's got a bit of drums, bagpipes, decent lyrics. Needs a bit of imagination but could see it working. Would actually do a whole rebranding thing and change the thistle logo as well. Time for a change and relaunch.