So you don’t want flower of Scotland?

ALBIONSAINT

@Slarti

Bit off-topic but Aussie noir show Mystery Road 2 finished off with the mob saying goodbye to Buddy Nolan by singing Amazing Grace prior to burying him. One of the subplots was Aboriginal history and how it's changed since the country was "discovered".

Having said that I would like to change my suggestion to Nazareth's Hair of the Dog which is all Scottish...:headbang

Edited by Bud the Baker

Off topic, but f**k it. Last time I heard that song was on the school bus circa 1985. A guy known as Billy the Punk (who always sat by himself for some reason) was blasting it out at full volume on the top deck. I was scared to get off the bus in case he saw my Jam Shoes.

I vote for this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 11:27 PM, Slarti said:
On 9/26/2020 at 8:25 PM, saintnextlifetime said:
You are right , l reckon you would need to be over 12yrs old to know it. .

Well, I've played it to my daughter (32) and my niece (19) and both of them say they don't know it. Why do you assume "many of us" would have learned it? Because you did? How many is "many"?

Well , if you surveryed 2 people it really can't be that many can it ?

Do try to keep up . .

On 11/6/2020 at 11:19 PM, Slarti said:
On 11/6/2020 at 10:48 PM, saintnextlifetime said:
Well , if you surveryed 2 people it really can't be that many can it ?
Do try to keep up . .

So you really meant "some"?

No sorry if l wasn't clear , l was implying that in your futile attempts to be somehow 'funny' , you come across as being like an individual with under the age of 12yrs .

Sorry l didn't realise you are so slow on the uptake . .

No sorry if l wasn't clear , l was implying that in your futile attempts to be somehow 'funny' , you come across as being like an individual with under the age of 12yrs .
Sorry l didn't realise you are so slow on the uptake . .

So which is it?

And what does "an individual with under the age of 12yrs" mean? Obviously a typo but I am trying to decide whether it was a schoolboy-like dig at my mental age or you are, more seriously, implying that I am with someone under 12.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:45 AM, ALBIONSAINT said:

Up to number 3 in the charts this morning 👍🏻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

By my reckoning they must be around 70 by now (68 & 69 I checked) they both have their own versions of the group and one (Maria Mendiola's version) are considering re-recording the song, wonder if she/they can still do the moves - don't shimmy down Gran you might not get back up! 👵

Baccara - Yes Sir I Can Boogie - YouTube

• 9 months later...
On 11/21/2020 at 8:40 AM, Bud the Baker said:

By my reckoning they must be around 70 by now (68 & 69 I checked) they both have their own versions of the group and one (Maria Mendiola's version) are considering re-recording the song, wonder if she/they can still do the moves - don't shimmy down Gran you might not get back up! 👵

Baccara - Yes Sir I Can Boogie - YouTube

Looks like you were right.