Dundee Utd v St Mirren

ALBIONSAINT

I know it was Celtic but we need to be better in the final third. Last night we played the last ten minutes like we thought we could get something but, when we got into possible goalscoring positions, we were lacking to the nth degree. We've got to be making goalies earn their corn. I know it's stating the obvious but Saturday is a big test. We need to get out of the rut. Last night was better but the Bread and butter,  Saintees' and Hibbies' games were dreadful.  

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I know it was Celtic but we need to be better in the final third. Last night we played the last ten minutes like we thought we could get something but, when we got into possible goalscoring positions, we were lacking to the nth degree. We've got to be making goalies earn their corn. I know it's stating the obvious but Saturday is a big test. We need to get out of the rut. Last night was better but the Bread and butter,  Saintees' and Hibbies' games were dreadful.  

I agree

Dress it up all we want it was another defeat

1 point from 15 someone said earlier we need to start getting points on board

Right well, is this the first mustn't lose/must win/massive game of the season?

Has the early season optimism gone - stoopid question.

Three weeks on from the Fakes game & we still haven't got "proper" cover for the CH position, I'm presuming Alnwick is back for tomorrow's game.

As ever I'll be following the game from behind the couch - COYS!

Right well, is this the first mustn't lose/must win/massive game of the season?
Has the early season optimism gone - stoopid question.
Three weeks on from the Fakes game & we still haven't got "proper" cover for the CH position, I'm presuming Alnwick is back for tomorrow's game.
As ever I'll be following the game from behind the couch - COYS!
Was Alnwick not out for 14 days?

Think it is Zlamal's last outing for us.

49 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I thought 10 days which I got from the BB last week...

so the 10 days would've been up on Thursday by my calcumalations....

The rules are that if you test positive, it's ten days from when you test positive. 

So that should be correct, unless you're still feeling unwell. I'm sure I read somewhere that Alnwick had recovered.

Unless there's some special rule for football players.

Self-isolate for at least 10 days

You should self-isolate for at least 10 days if:

• you have symptoms of coronavirus and you tested positive, had an unclear result or did not have a test
  • you tested positive but have not had symptoms

If you have symptoms, the 10 days starts from when they started.

If you have not had symptoms, the 10 days starts from when you had the test. But if you get symptoms after your test, self-isolate for a further 10 days from when your symptoms start.

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

In the "local" news Dundee United are concentrating on stopping the goals that they have conceded in the last 2 games (eight)

I'd hope we have a go at them as, if we score first, they could get nervous.

Get at them early please. 

We look as though we can break quickly down the wings, connelly and morias look as though they are happy to use their pace and take on players in the wide areas. 

As from your post. The isolation starts from when you show symptoms.

You must be clear of any symptoms in the preceding 48hrs of resumption of returning to work.

From the information shared from the club, Jak showed symptoms from Monday 8th September.

So is available from the 18th if healthy.

14 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Need a settled team with framework to suit that selection and we stick to it ,we drill the players in their part and we compete for 90 mins

With the players we have available for the next few games, that, s two up front, who we play long balls to, who in turn hold the ball up and link up the play further up the park. Requires a hard working midfield. but I think Dundee United, s defenders are cart horses that will make mistakes that will lead to us scoring a couple of goals. 

19 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Need a settled team with framework to suit that selection and we stick to it ,we drill the players in their part and we compete for 90 mins

A couple of tweaks to the team that started against Celtic would be fine. We will have much more possession than Wednesday night so should be creating more chances. Maybe have McPherson on from the start. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT