Dundee Utd v St Mirren

ALBIONSAINT

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

We’re the better team in the 1st half for me very unfortunate to go in losing and started the 2nd poor never a red card for me not even a foul imo.

Hopefully we appeal it tait has been by far our best player so far this season and don’t have a left back to cover him.

Got to disagree mate. 
Well, it depends on what you mean by the better team. 
If you mean we had more chances than them then fair enough. But did we ever look like scoring any of them. We are completely useless in the final third. We are highly skilled at turning reasonable passages of play and relative pressure into the square root of eff all.

That is why we were one down at half time. They had one half chance any scored.

We had about 3 or 4 really good chances that we f**ked up and any number of promising situations that just turned into nothing due to terrible decision making or just downright poor quality play. 
incredibly frustrating to watch.

We got what we deserved today. Nothing. 

Got to disagree mate. 
Well, it depends on what you mean by the better team. 
If you mean we had more chances than them then fair enough. But did we ever look like scoring any of them. We are completely useless in the final third. We are highly skilled at turning reasonable passages of play and relative pressure into the square root of eff all.
That is why we were one down at half time. They had one half chance any scored.
We had about 3 or 4 really good chances that we f**ked up and any number of promising situations that just turned into nothing due to terrible decision making or just downright poor quality play. 
incredibly frustrating to watch.
We got what we deserved today. Nothing. 

Of course that what I meant we created by far the better chances in the first half Erwin should have scored and tait should have scored.

Dundee Utd scored a half chance with a great finish by shankland we also missed a few of them.

Most of the game 1st half was spent in the dundee United half.

2nd half we started really poor until the red card.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

We’re the better team in the 1st half for me very unfortunate to go in losing and started the 2nd poor never a red card for me not even a foul imo.

Hopefully we appeal it tait has been by far our best player so far this season and don’t have a left back to cover him.

Seriously bud,they could have scored 4 goals in first 10 minutes of 2nd half before tait was sent off,we are worst team in league by far at this present time and covid 19 or not we have to make changes,if this goes on another 4/5 matches then we must look at changing the manager as it is not working,even games we won we have been pathetic in rest of games like accies we was horrendous 2nd half and fakes horrendous for 90 mins,rotten for 45 against livvy and rotten for 60 against count and absolutely shit against gers,and take in managers tactics and formations then we must be looking at changes 

Seriously bud,they could have scored 4 goals in first 10 minutes of 2nd half before tait was sent off,we are worst team in league by far at this present time and covid 19 or not we have to make changes,if this goes on another 4/5 matches then we must look at changing the manager as it is not working,even games we won we have been pathetic in rest of games like accies we was horrendous 2nd half and fakes horrendous for 90 mins,rotten for 45 against livvy and rotten for 60 against count and absolutely shit against gers,and take in managers tactics and formations then we must be looking at changes 
Yes I was just thinking that we could do with yet more managerial changes, just what a club needs in these most uncertain of times. Get a grip FFS.

10 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Too early to be thinking of managerial changes BUT the club are more important than any "loyalty" to Goodwin.

Absolutely . There's still time to fill a few glaring misses before the window closes , like a LB and another CH etc If the losses continue , decisions would have to be made though . We waited too long to replace T Craig. I just hope we can turn it around over the next month or so !

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

Absolutely . There's still time to fill a few glaring misses before the window closes , like a LB and another CH etc If the losses continue , decisions would have to be made though . We waited too long to replace T Craig. I just hope we can turn it around over the next month or so !

We are nowhere near Tommy Craig territory, this team may not be brilliant but they are light years ahead of that side. Get cover at the back, and once the injured players return we'll be good enough to finish probably 8th or 9th.

20 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

That's quite an assumption.

Remember we were ONE game away from relegation last season.

This season, great start, points wise, but many still questioned the level of performance.

I wouldn't like to say, and I like a flutter, where we will end up.

Early days. 

No assumption, just a prediction. I think, from what I have seen so far, we are better than Accies and possibly Livi and at least on a par with United, County and Killie.

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

We are nowhere near Tommy Craig territory, this team may not be brilliant but they are light years ahead of that side. Get cover at the back, and once the injured players return we'll be good enough to finish probably 8th or 9th.

This team play no football at all. Long ball after long ball. Hit it and hope. No midfield and I mean no midfield - don’t build an attack anymore either and are a really terrible watch. I’m sure Tommy Craig’s team would have survived had Maclean not been sold for a pittance and he had been able to drive us on with Mallan and McGinn too. Not a bad couple of players in that team. This team would do well to beat Tommy’s side. 

10 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

This team play no football at all. Long ball after long ball. Hit it and hope. No midfield and I mean no midfield - don’t build an attack anymore either and are a really terrible watch. I’m sure Tommy Craig’s team would have survived had Maclean not been sold for a pittance and he had been able to drive us on with Mallan and McGinn too. Not a bad couple of players in that team. This team would do well to beat Tommy’s side. 

Now that is just nonsense. We had McGinn, Mallan and McLean for half a season - all youngsters at the time, with the experienced players in that team like Goody and Thommo past their best. And who else did we have? Ridgers, Plummer, Drury, Marwood, Wylde, Ball, Ross Caldwell, Arquin - I think five of them were playing for their local pub team not long after they left us.