ALBIONSAINT

Dundee Utd v St Mirren

1 minute ago, D.F.Riley said:

According to Jakey, I am a racist about 10 times tonight ( with no evidence ) Also a kunt and a dick.

Munoz should become teetotal.

A wee ned :lol:

Take the knee and shut the f**k up. 

Warren-Mitchell_3500789b.jpg

Seriously bud,they could have scored 4 goals in first 10 minutes of 2nd half before tait was sent off,we are worst team in league by far at this present time and covid 19 or not we have to make changes,if this goes on another 4/5 matches then we must look at changing the manager as it is not working,even games we won we have been pathetic in rest of games like accies we was horrendous 2nd half and fakes horrendous for 90 mins,rotten for 45 against livvy and rotten for 60 against count and absolutely shit against gers,and take in managers tactics and formations then we must be looking at changes 
Yes I was just thinking that we could do with yet more managerial changes, just what a club needs in these most uncertain of times. Get a grip FFS.

Just now, D.F.Riley said:

I would bend the knee for the great Alf Garnet .

Hilarious entertainment 

Thickasf**k. You probably dont even realise he was taking the kunt out of people like you. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
24 minutes ago, paul torfason said:
Seriously bud,they could have scored 4 goals in first 10 minutes of 2nd half before tait was sent off,we are worst team in league by far at this present time and covid 19 or not we have to make changes,if this goes on another 4/5 matches then we must look at changing the manager as it is not working,even games we won we have been pathetic in rest of games like accies we was horrendous 2nd half and fakes horrendous for 90 mins,rotten for 45 against livvy and rotten for 60 against count and absolutely shit against gers,and take in managers tactics and formations then we must be looking at changes 

Yes I was just thinking that we could do with yet more managerial changes, just what a club needs in these most uncertain of times. Get a grip FFS.

Too early to be thinking of managerial changes BUT the club are more important than any "loyalty" to Goodwin.

Questions were asked last season, only stopped in their tracks by Covid.

Uncertain times? 

WTF has that got to do with the position of the club? 

10 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Too early to be thinking of managerial changes BUT the club are more important than any "loyalty" to Goodwin.

Absolutely . There's still time to fill a few glaring misses before the window closes , like a LB and another CH etc If the losses continue , decisions would have to be made though . We waited too long to replace T Craig. I just hope we can turn it around over the next month or so !

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

Absolutely . There's still time to fill a few glaring misses before the window closes , like a LB and another CH etc If the losses continue , decisions would have to be made though . We waited too long to replace T Craig. I just hope we can turn it around over the next month or so !

We are nowhere near Tommy Craig territory, this team may not be brilliant but they are light years ahead of that side. Get cover at the back, and once the injured players return we'll be good enough to finish probably 8th or 9th.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

We are nowhere near Tommy Craig territory, this team may not be brilliant but they are light years ahead of that side. Get cover at the back, and once the injured players return we'll be good enough to finish probably 8th or 9th.

That's quite an assumption.

Remember we were ONE game away from relegation last season.

This season, great start, points wise, but many still questioned the level of performance.

I wouldn't like to say, and I like a flutter, where we will end up.

Early days. 

20 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

That's quite an assumption.

Remember we were ONE game away from relegation last season.

This season, great start, points wise, but many still questioned the level of performance.

I wouldn't like to say, and I like a flutter, where we will end up.

Early days. 

No assumption, just a prediction. I think, from what I have seen so far, we are better than Accies and possibly Livi and at least on a par with United, County and Killie.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

No assumption, just a prediction. I think, from what I have seen so far, we are better than Accies and possibly Livi and at least on a par with United, County and Killie.

Ok, quite a prediction.

I don't think we're better than anybody, on par with a few teams and fine lines at our end of the table.

As for Killie, next week will tell it's own tale. 

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

This team play no football at all. Long ball after long ball. Hit it and hope. No midfield and I mean no midfield - don’t build an attack anymore either and are a really terrible watch. I’m sure Tommy Craig’s team would have survived had Maclean not been sold for a pittance and he had been able to drive us on with Mallan and McGinn too. Not a bad couple of players in that team. This team would do well to beat Tommy’s side. 

10 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

This team play no football at all. Long ball after long ball. Hit it and hope. No midfield and I mean no midfield - don’t build an attack anymore either and are a really terrible watch. I’m sure Tommy Craig’s team would have survived had Maclean not been sold for a pittance and he had been able to drive us on with Mallan and McGinn too. Not a bad couple of players in that team. This team would do well to beat Tommy’s side. 

Now that is just nonsense. We had McGinn, Mallan and McLean for half a season - all youngsters at the time, with the experienced players in that team like Goody and Thommo past their best. And who else did we have? Ridgers, Plummer, Drury, Marwood, Wylde, Ball, Ross Caldwell, Arquin - I think five of them were playing for their local pub team not long after they left us.

54 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Pointless comparing now to the past, too many different things to make a fair comparison.

All that concerns us is what we do now to turn this, albeit early days, around.

We're on a bad run, 1 point from 15.

The biggest issue for me is that we have lost all the games too easily. No hard luck stories. I don’t even see how anyone can say we played well in any of the last few games. We have been honking.

True, but at times in the 2nd half we looked like a team of individuals at the back; there is no Captain.

True, but at times in the 2nd half we looked like a team of individuals at the back; there is no Captain.
Incidently, the reason why the 2 players sent off, are certain players, is because they are frustrated by the shite that surrounds them.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
5 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Sorry

but if you’re manager is out of his depth then you do everyone a favour and move him on

fairest shout for all concerned 

13 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Craig left before McLean did, so don’t think that’s a valid argument. We were f**king dreadful that season and lucky not to relegated sooner than we did.

We have some good players. However team selection and formation is undoing us. If Jim plays the right players in the right positions in the right formation then we are more than capable to be a top six. McGrath for example clearly demonstrates he is better through the middle but often is played out wide where he is wasted. McPherson has drive and commitment and is not afraid to shoot from outside the box but for some weird reason cannot even get into the team. McAllister who is powder puff and cannot last 90 mins is an automatic pick.

We need to stop playing wide players who cannot contribute and leave the midfield overrun, and start playing a passing game through the middle to support a striker. 4-2-3-1 for me with McGrath playing behind Erwin with Connolly and McPherson either side and Foley and Erhahon behind them. Please Jim, just try it :)

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

Now that is just nonsense. We had McGinn, Mallan and McLean for half a season - all youngsters at the time, with the experienced players in that team like Goody and Thommo past their best. And who else did we have? Ridgers, Plummer, Drury, Marwood, Wylde, Ball, Ross Caldwell, Arquin - I think five of them were playing for their local pub team not long after they left us.

I heard a few pub team managers were in the main stand yesterday 

Sonny you are spot on

We have some good players. However team selection and formation is undoing us. If Jim plays the right players in the right positions in the right formation then we are more than capable to be a top six. McGrath for example clearly demonstrates he is better through the middle but often is played out wide where he is wasted. McPherson has drive and commitment and is not afraid to shoot from outside the box but for some weird reason cannot even get into the team. McAllister who is powder puff and cannot last 90 mins is an automatic pick.
We need to stop playing wide players who cannot contribute and leave the midfield overrun, and start playing a passing game through the middle to support a striker. 4-2-3-1 for me with McGrath playing behind Erwin with Connolly and McPherson either side and Foley and Erhahon behind them. Please Jim, just try it

A said 2 seasons ago and again last season we need striker coach because our strikers finishing crap:get tommo in 2 days a week or ask Frank mac or Grady or something because a guys like sharp who was piss poor player isn't the guy I'd want coaching me:we are a mess again unfortunately 

Jason Scotland offered his services twice for that. I contacted the club (Top 6 Tony) on his behalf, passed on his contact details etc, no one from the club ever got back to him.