St Mirren v Kilmarnock, 26th Sept

Long John Baldy

Most unbalanced squad I've ever 50 odd years watching Saints. 4 defenders in the whole club. Not even amateur teams do that. Time for changes. Upstairs and downstairs. Promises made and broken. GLS more interested in doing up the boardroom than getting a team on the park. Heading in 1 direction THE CHAMPIONSHIP. Hard to know who worse. Morias. Edwin or Obika as all three are as bad as each other. No wonder County didn't think twice about letting Erwin go. Utter shambles. You'll always be a hero Goody. But if your not up to it. Step aside.

This is as bad as I have seen in years. We have no idea how to score. We set up every game for 0_0.,the minute we lose a goal we cannot win. The chances of us scoring twice In A game would appear to be nil.. we gave too any players not good enough. morais, McCarthy. Erwin. sheron. Are barely Juniors. Just gets worse every week.

Many of us on here did not want to be too negative too soon although the clear signs were there from the very first game of the season.

But now is the time to wallow in just how poor we are.

Would we feel any better if we were performing better but still losing?

Our only glimmer of hope is that Magennis and Flynn will make a difference when they return.

Sitting deep in a 4-5-1 at home leaving our only forward islolated. Great tactic. Playing 2 wide players hugging touchlines and not getting a ball and unable to do anything with it leaves us another 2 players short. Jim needs a manual on gootball formations and strategy.

I think we have some decent players (Shaughnessy, Tait, Foster,Alnwick, Cammy, Connelly, Flynn, Magenis) are all good enough to compete in this league. I just don’t understand why Jim has brought Ethan straight back into the first team when we have Foley that is better in that position. Cammy at right back? Ethan played nearly a full season in the championship in that position? I think Jim is out his depth and won’t last until November unless he gets a couple of results soon. 

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Many of us on here did not want to be too negative too soon although the clear signs were there from the very first game of the season.

But now is the time to wallow in just how poor we are.

Would we feel any better if we were performing better but still losing?

Our only glimmer of hope is that Magennis and Flynn will make a difference when they return.

There is never a time to wallow in self pity.

Just now, ALBIONSAINT said:

To be fair, you want to give people time to settle in, however that time has now gone 

It's the same for every team.

We can't jump aboard the "late signings" bus this year, always a feeble excuse anyway,

The players can't get off scot free, they are very poor, although they were signed by Goodwin.

Early days, things can only get better, 

It is all so very disheartening.
But, I have cause to look at my diaries from 25, 20 and 10 years ago every week.
In all of those years I am moaning hard to myself how awful and disheartening it is losing every week.....and we have had lots of good time since. And will have again.
But, right now I am heading for my black bound, A4, Collins 2020 to moan like f**king f**k.

Edited by Farmer Johnny Rocks
comma

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

To be fair, you want to give people time to settle in, however that time has now gone 

We have hardly played well for a full 90 minutes in the past 18 months.

Last year was accepted as some sort of success and as a result no mistakes have been learned from.

League is far more competitive this year, thankfully the gap is narrow at this point and we are still in the 1st round of fixtures, however, things need to change very soon as we have all seen this before.

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

We have hardly played well for a full 90 minutes in the past 18 months.

Last year was accepted as some sort of success and as a result no mistakes have been learned from.

League is far more competitive this year, thankfully the gap is narrow at this point and we are still in the 1st round of fixtures, however, things need to change very soon as we have all seen this before.

Aye, best finish for years was the cry from some. :lol:

28 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I think we have some decent players (Shaughnessy, Tait, Foster,Alnwick, Cammy, Connelly, Flynn, Magenis) are all good enough to compete in this league. I just don’t understand why Jim has brought Ethan straight back into the first team when we have Foley that is better in that position. Cammy at right back? Ethan played nearly a full season in the championship in that position? I think Jim is out his depth and won’t last until November unless he gets a couple of results soon. 

I like the sound of this Foster guy. 
When did we sign him? 

2 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Insipid is the best l can come up with. I think we have put a reasonably good squad together but our setups, tactics, use of players in wrong positions and our appalling play in final third are worrying. Much work required 

Insipid is right. Who will help Jim with the tactics? Hard work alone will not get us out of this. Every team in this league works hard. We have no idea how to get the ball into goal scoring positions. We can't pick out a pass anywhere on the park and we can't score. Our attack plan today seemed to be lump it into Danny Rogers as he is dodgy. Cue Danny catching aimless crosses whenever they got far enough to reach him.

Most unbalanced squad I've ever 50 odd years watching Saints. 4 defenders in the whole club. Not even amateur teams do that. Time for changes. Upstairs and downstairs. Promises made and broken. GLS more interested in doing up the boardroom than getting a team on the park. Heading in 1 direction THE CHAMPIONSHIP. Hard to know who worse. Morias. Edwin or Obika as all three are as bad as each other. No wonder County didn't think twice about letting Erwin go. Utter shambles. You'll always be a hero Goody. But if your not up to it. Step aside.

Erwin (I presume that's who you meant) can hardly be blamed.

He and Alnwick were our only shining lights today, along with Connolly when he was eventually allowed on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

I'm not and never have been a fan of Gus McPherson but is it any coincidence that we've an absolute shambles since he left the club?, I'm sure it was after we got off to a good start..

For the umpteenth time - we did not get off to a good start.

We were being consistently outplayed in midfield (against the weaker teams in the league) and powder puff up front.

Only the defence performed to an acceptable standard.

We were lucky to accrue the 7 points we have so far.