St Mirren v Kilmarnock, 26th Sept

Long John Baldy

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

For the umpteenth time - we did not get off to a good start.

We were being consistently outplayed in midfield (against the weaker teams in the league) and powder puff up front.

Only the defence performed to an acceptable standard.

We were lucky to accrue the 7 points we have so far.

Maybe he meant pointwise, which we did.

You're spot on, we never played well for a full game in any of the games we got points, only in spells, and that was against the probably lower teams.

It was certainly papering over the cracks which were evident from last season, although you can't blame some for getting carried away. 

Where is @TopCat:lol:

Erwin (I presume that's who you meant) can hardly be blamed.

He and Alnwick were our only shining lights today, along with Connolly when he was eventually allowed on the pitch.
Yeah Erwin. His first touch is awful. Same as the other 2. I'm not a big Danny Mullen fan but he's better than Morias and Erwin put together. Ross Stewart is another one. We've given away better players for nothing.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
38 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
Erwin (I presume that's who you meant) can hardly be blamed.

He and Alnwick were our only shining lights today, along with Connolly when he was eventually allowed on the pitch.

Yeah Erwin. His first touch is awful. Same as the other 2. I'm not a big Danny Mullen fan but he's better than Morias and Erwin put together. Ross Stewart is another one. We've given away better players for nothing.

Having a happy birthday are we? :lol:

Erwin had some great touches today.

How can you form a lasting impression on a few games?

Danny offered a lot.

More than Morias imo too. No argument there.

I never wanted us to release Stewart at the time... but many fans did!

13 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Maybe he meant pointwise, which we did.

You're spot on, we never played well for a full game in any of the games we got points, only in spells, and that was against the probably lower teams.

It was certainly papering over the cracks which were evident from last season, although you can't blame some for getting carried away. 

Where is @TopCat:lol:

Aye we were being told a few weeks back just how lucky we were to have Goodwin and to enjoy it while we had him 😀

Starting to get close to his Sack Ross thread !

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Aye we were being told a few weeks back just how lucky we were to have Goodwin and to enjoy it while we had him 😀

Starting to get close to his Sack Ross thread !

Poor @TopCat, he was all over the forum when  we had amassed the early points.

Alas he's nowhere to be seen since, wonder why? :lol:

Having a happy birthday are we? 

Had a great birthday. We run down to Balmaha and Drymen. Had a lovely lunch in the Drymen Inn. Home all happy to see the last 20mins or so. And that was the day f**ked. Not seen a full game since the Accies game. Its dreadful football. Players in the team at the mo that couldnt get a game for Johnstone Burgh. Tactics are woeful. But we'll get the usual excuses from Goody. IE. Were great in training . Its a happy squad. We need a bit of luck. Usual drivel. 

Erwin had some great touches today.How can you form a lasting impression on a few games?

Danny offered a lot.

More than Morias imo too. No argument there.

I never wanted us to release Stewart at the time... but many fans did!

Seen plenty of him for other teams. If you look back on my posts you'll see I said its a poor signing. Its Obika thats has to ask himself. If I'm not better than him its time to chuck it. As for Morias. Enough said.

Absolutely spot on we were dire today absolutely painful to watch against a pretty ordinary but decent side quite honestly don't know where to start but Jim's tactics and team selections leave much to be desired.The squad is unbalanced with a lack of defenders.This is surely down to the manager.Big big improvements required if Jim has to keep his job I am afraid.Perhaps he needs a more experienced assistant someone who is not afraid to vent his opinions.

I keep going back to today , why did we show that god awful Killie team so much respect when they had only won one away game in their last 16 ?

What’s the point if you don’t play football to have a go? Well we never have a go and the past five games have been miserable. I was expecting a bit of a game today with saints looking hungry for the win. What we got is zero shots on target and absolutely nothing to suggest this form is temporary. The players are not creating anything and unless he hires an attacking coach he will not see out October. Surely Aberdeen will beat this sorry lot on Friday to make it 6 in a row. After that will we beat Motherwell? And that’s the problem Jim is a hero but it doesn’t matter who you are if you lose games your done

Had a great birthday. We run down to Balmaha and Drymen. Had a lovely lunch in the Drymen Inn. Home all happy to see the last 20mins or so. And that was the day f**ked. Not seen a full game since the Accies game. Its dreadful football. Players in the team at the mo that couldnt get a game for Johnstone Burgh. Tactics are woeful. But we'll get the usual excuses from Goody. IE. Were great in training . Its a happy squad. We need a bit of luck. Usual drivel.  

Seems I was right about Goody's interview.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
3 hours ago, magnus said:
We have been grim since the Rangers game. Total lack of belief across the team. We do not have a style of play. We set up to defend and fulfil our fixture. Utter pish.

We've been grim since the Livi game and we won that one. Its dire. Unwatchable. At home today and not one shot on target. Dire

Gary,its Mackie,totally agree with everything: a narrowed it down 2 weeks ago from start o season: brutal against livvy for 60 mins,brutal against county 70 mins,brutal against gers 90 mins brutal against hibs 90 minutes,brutal against Tim's 90 minutes brutal again today and sorry tannadice brutal 60 minutes: so where does this stop?tactics formations and recruitment terrible and we been going to games for long time and this team only going one place:TIME to change manager 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

If ever there was a game to come flying out of the traps and go for the throat, this is it.

They were there for the taking by even a half decent side. emoji26.png

spot on.

My concern is that there is absolutely no drive in the team to get us going. I know folk cant wait for Kyle to come back but I think Flynn is what we are crying out for at the moment to liven things up. Killie were not great but up against a team with Foley and Morias in it will always fancy their chances. No idea whats happened to Foley, he's about 3 weeks off the pace.

3 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

spot on.

My concern is that there is absolutely no drive in the team to get us going. I know folk cant wait for Kyle to come back but I think Flynn is what we are crying out for at the moment to liven things up. Killie were not great but up against a team with Foley and Morias in it will always fancy their chances. No idea whats happened to Foley, he's about 3 weeks off the pace.

McGinn and Baird should have kept for squad players and good in dressing room

57 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Just seen Goody's interview. Dont what game he was at. Must have bee out on the bevvy with Thommo. Cos it was utter drivel. Quote. I have a great squad. Unquote. Today we had only 6 subs on the bench. Killie had 9. Says it all really. Poor squad. Poor negative tactics.

I thought you only saw the last 20 minutes so how the f**k would you know. You don’t half talk some shite. 

38 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Foley is not a captain. Say what you like about Stephen McGinn but he could grab a game by the scruff of the neck and drive his team mates on. He did not suffer lack of effort from anyone. Considering the number of ex captains in the team I see little leadership on the park.

Agreed, we are rudderless on and off the pitch.

Remember previous managers getting it for not showing anything from the sidelines. 

Edited by Long John Baldy