Saints and the NHS

At the risk of being whooshed, not all GP practices are able to offer the flu vaccine this year de to the need for social distancing etc. Other places such as community hospitals, town halls and, it seems football grounds are also being used.

Edited by Stu

Community Vaccination Centres – where will I get my vaccination?

If you are to have your vaccine at a community vaccination centre, you will be assigned a venue within your Local Authority area. Please remember that a drop-in service will not be in operation at any of the sites as they will be appointment only. The venues are as follows:

East Dunbartonshire

• Kirkintilloch Town Hall
  • Milngavie Town Hall
  • Bishopbriggs War Memorial Hall

East Renfrewshire

• Eastwood Health & Social Care Centre Avenue Shopping Centre, Newton Mearns
  • Barrhead Health & Social Care Centre Glen Community Hall, Neilston

Glasgow City

Utilising Health & Community Centres at:

• Springburn
  • Bridgeton
  • Shettleston
  • Easterhouse
  • Baillieston
  • Drumchapel
  • Maryhill
  • Possilpark
  • Woodside
  • Pollock
  • Govan
  • Thornliebank
  • Pollockshaws
  • Govanhill
  • Gorbals
  • Castlemilk

Inverclyde

• Port Glasgow Town Hall
  • Greenock Town Hall
  • Gourock Gamble Hall 
  • Kilmacolm Community Centre

Renfrewshire

• St Mirren Park

West Dunbartonshire

• Alexandria Community Centre
  • Concord Community Centre, Dumbarton
  •  The Hub, Clydebank 

Only one centre for all of Renfrewshire.

Edited by smcc

1 hour ago, smcc said:

If you are to have your vaccine at a community vaccination centre, you will be assigned a venue within your Local Authority area. Please remember that a drop-in service will not be in operation at any of the sites as they will be appointment only. The venues are as follows:

East Dunbartonshire

• Milngavie Town Hall

East Renfrewshire

Glasgow City

• Springburn
  • Bridgeton
  • Shettleston
  • Easterhouse
  • Baillieston
  • Drumchapel
  • Maryhill
  • Possilpark
  • Woodside
  • Pollock
  • Govan
  • Thornliebank
  • Pollockshaws
  • Govanhill
  • Gorbals
  • Castlemilk

Inverclyde

• Port Glasgow Town Hall
  • Greenock Town Hall
  • Gourock Gamble Hall 

Renfrewshire

• St Mirren Park

West Dunbartonshire

•  The Hub, Clydebank 

I thought GP clinics would be doing them? 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

Who is eligible and how you can get an appointment

Children in this group will be identified and the local Pre-School Immunisation Team, will contact the parent/guardian with an allocated appointment for their child.

All parents/carers of 2-5 year olds will receive a letter with an allocated appointment in the next 8-10 weeks.

When schools returned in August all primary school aged children should have received a consent pack to take home and parents / guardians were asked to complete and return completed consent forms to school within seven days. Flu immunisation sessions will be delivered in school from the beginning of October until mid-December. If a child misses their flu immunisation at school, for whatever reason, a flyer will be sent home with information about how the parent / guardian can arrange an appointment for their immunisation.

For all children in the above three groups, we are asking parents/guardians to make every effort to attend their allocated appointment so that we can do everything possible to help maintain physical distancing at clinics and ensure that all children can be vaccinated ahead of this year’s flu season.

Please be aware that GP practices will not be able to arrange appointments for your child, so if an appointment needs to be rearranged, the parent / guardian should call 0141 201 4190 from 23rd September onwards. 

If a child / young person in this age range has an eligible health condition they should telephone 0141 532 8768 from 23rd September onwards to make an appointment for their flu vaccination. 

Individuals in this group will be contacted by your GP practice or the Health Board with appointment information.  If you have not been contacted by the end of October with details of an appointment for your flu vaccination, you should contact your GP practice.

All pregnant women will be offered flu from maternity services. If you are pregnant, please speak to your midwife for more information about getting a flu vaccination.

Housebound

If your GP practice has identified that you are permanently housebound and are aged 65 years or over, you do not need to attend your allocated appointment. It would be very helpful if you or your support worker / carer telephone 0141 201 4180 from the 23rd September onwards and advise that you will not be attending you appointment so that the slot can be released.

If you are in this group, you will receive a letter with an allocated appointment within the next 8-10 weeks.

Please make every effort to attend your allocated appointment so that we can do everything possible to help maintain physical distancing at clinics and ensure that we can vaccinate all eligible individuals in a timely and safe way.

There will be no drop-in clinics as we need to manage the number of people at each clinic to ensure physical distancing. Please do not contact your GP practice, as they will not be in a position to give you an appointment.

If you are aged 18-64, you can get your free flu vaccine from one of the participating Community Pharmacies.

Look up the list of participating pharmacies, choose a pharmacy and call them to make an appointment.

If you are aged 12-17, you (or your parent/guardian) should telephone 0141 532 8768 to make an appointment for your flu vaccination.

If you are aged 18-64 and live in the same house as someone who is shielding, you can get your free flu vaccine from one of the participating Community Pharmacies.

Look up the list of participating pharmacies, choose a pharmacy and call them to make an appointment.

If you are aged 12-17 years old and live in the same house as someone who is shielding, telephone 0141 532 8768 to make an appointment.

If you are a Social Care worker who provides direct personal care in: Adult Care Homes Children’s residential or sec...

Edited by smcc

On 9/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, smcc said:

East Dunbartonshire

• Milngavie Town Hall

East Renfrewshire

Glasgow City

• Springburn
  • Bridgeton
  • Shettleston
  • Easterhouse
  • Baillieston
  • Drumchapel
  • Maryhill
  • Possilpark
  • Woodside
  • Pollock
  • Govan
  • Thornliebank
  • Pollockshaws
  • Govanhill
  • Gorbals
  • Castlemilk

Inverclyde

• Port Glasgow Town Hall
  • Greenock Town Hall
  • Gourock Gamble Hall 

Renfrewshire

• St Mirren Park

West Dunbartonshire

•  The Hub, Clydebank 

On 9/25/2020 at 9:14 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

I thought GP clinics would be doing them? 

They are. I think they are listing the alternative centres outwith the usual GP practices. I'm getting mine at my GP surgery.

10 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Does this make the UK look like a third world country?

If we saw people in Africa queuing at a football ground to receive medical attention like this, would we be setting up a standing order for 'just £5 a month'. 

How would you do it.