Aberdeen v St Mirren Friday 2nd Oct

Long John Baldy

Goodwin has to take the blame for that. I love him and have been a massive supporter of him but with wide players blowing out their arse for the last half hour chasing the ball for JG to refuse to make a sub is unacceptable. I’m not sure whether he’s trying to make a point to the board re Magennis with the four subs and refusal to make a substitution but that was what stopped us from taking a point tonight.

Blame Obika and Morias all you want but at the end of the day we’ve two knackered players playing wide in Morias and McGrath running through treacle, you have to sub them off to give us an opportunity. 

ETA: our available subs were coincidentally Durmus and McAllister two wide players that would’ve been ideal to help close out the game considering the circumstances.

Edited by RossCSmfc

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Harsh, I actually thought he showed his strength tonight when holding the ball up. He also chased down defenders.

I wouldn’t fault a single player tonight. Every one of them was decent tonight, especially if measured against their recent poor performances.

That defeat tonight was 100% the manager’s fault.  Absolute disgrace. 

I dont get the backlash from some tonight.  We showed we could play a bit tonight,  and with an under strength team.

I wasn't particularly pleased when Goodwin replaced Kearney,  but he definitely deserves some more time on that showing tonight.  

Just now, munoz said:

I dont get the backlash from some tonight.  We showed we could play a bit tonight,  and with an under strength team.

I wasn't particularly pleased when Goodwin replaced Kearney,  but he definitely deserves some more time on that showing tonight.  

Don’t know, just got a funny feeling that Gus is on his way back 😙

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I think overall Jim should be worried however, he looks to have been set up as a fool by the board when he came out and said how brave they were to hold onto Kyle then two days later sell him. Pretty sure this will be his last or 2nd last game. 

I sincerely hope you’re right!!

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Goodwin has to take the blame for that. I love him and have been a massive supporter of him but with wide players blowing out their arse for the last half hour chasing the ball for JG to refuse to make a sub is unacceptable. I’m not sure whether he’s trying to make a point to the board re Magennis with the four subs and refusal to make a substitution but that was what stopped us from taking a point tonight.

Blame Obika and Morias all you want but at the end of the day we’ve two knackered players playing wide in Morias and McGrath running through treacle, you have to sub them off to give us an opportunity. 

I said before the game he was trying to prove a point. 

No subs being used was driving that home and he has clearly made that statement but it appears he's did so to the detriment of the team. 

2 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

How many players are on the injury table?  Flynn, Foley, Dennis, Connolly, Magennis (?). Tait suspended.  We don't have anybody to put on the bench!  Chequebook time Tony!!!!!

Maybe they don’t want to give THIS manager any money 😙

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

No subs being used was driving that home and he has clearly made that statement but it appears he's did so to the detriment of the team. 

And hopefully to his own position.

Unforgivable.

He’s done f**k all to deserve an ego that big. 

I expected 4-5-1 and getting hammered. The 3-5-2 worked far better and the pressing game worked a lot better than giving away possession and sitting back. Lack of squad size was our downfall tonight although we could have made substitutions with 10 to go when players were knackered. But some good performances tonight.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nobody, player OR manager, is bigger than the team. If he thinks he is, then he needs to go.

6 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

No, JG was NOT making a point to the board on the size of  the squad by not using subs.  Quite simply, the team as a team was playing very well and in the lead for a large part of the game so, 'why change it?'  That was his reckoning albeit a wrong one.

Let's not forget that it was the 3rd or 4th best team in Scotland that we we were playing and it took an injury time goal to beat us. Best St Mirren performance this season. Midfield excellent. Thought Cammy and Ethan were outstanding. Defence strong. Every player worked incredibly hard for the manager. Still short of goals.

Edited by magnus

Surely the manager wouldn't risk losing our 6th game in a row just to prove a point to the board.

If this is the case then frankly he should just leave now.