Long John Baldy

Aberdeen v St Mirren Friday 2nd Oct

No point in better performances if the result is the same. 6 defeats in a row now and clearly something is not right in the club going by Goodwins pre match comments. 

How much of the can must the manager carry for not filling the bench with fresh legs? 

Just now, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Whatever role Morias was ask to play tonight was way too much.  The poor guy had to run to attack then run the whole length of the pitch back to defend.  Yes, as others have said, the lack of subs was a big mistake.

Goodwin clearly sending a message to the board that we are short of players

I actually feel much better for not bothering my arse to watch it tonight. I didn't go through the heartache and rollercoaster. Just caught the last 5 mins and saw the inevitable sloppily conceded goal, so it just felt like a regular game this season to me. :lol:

1 minute ago, delpierro said:

Meh, we got beat, again.
Im resigned to a relegation scrap, again.
Dear Mr Obika, you are allowed to jump up and attempt to header a bell you lazy c**t.

Harsh, I actually thought he showed his strength tonight when holding the ball up. He also chased down defenders.

Goodwin has to take the blame for that. I love him and have been a massive supporter of him but with wide players blowing out their arse for the last half hour chasing the ball for JG to refuse to make a sub is unacceptable. I’m not sure whether he’s trying to make a point to the board re Magennis with the four subs and refusal to make a substitution but that was what stopped us from taking a point tonight.

Blame Obika and Morias all you want but at the end of the day we’ve two knackered players playing wide in Morias and McGrath running through treacle, you have to sub them off to give us an opportunity. 

ETA: our available subs were coincidentally Durmus and McAllister two wide players that would’ve been ideal to help close out the game considering the circumstances.

Edited by RossCSmfc

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Harsh, I actually thought he showed his strength tonight when holding the ball up. He also chased down defenders.

I wouldn’t fault a single player tonight. Every one of them was decent tonight, especially if measured against their recent poor performances.

That defeat tonight was 100% the manager’s fault.  Absolute disgrace. 

I think overall Jim should be worried however, he looks to have been set up as a fool by the board when he came out and said how brave they were to hold onto Kyle then two days later sell him. Pretty sure this will be his last or 2nd last game. 

I dont get the backlash from some tonight.  We showed we could play a bit tonight,  and with an under strength team.

I wasn't particularly pleased when Goodwin replaced Kearney,  but he definitely deserves some more time on that showing tonight.  

Just now, munoz said:

I dont get the backlash from some tonight.  We showed we could play a bit tonight,  and with an under strength team.

I wasn't particularly pleased when Goodwin replaced Kearney,  but he definitely deserves some more time on that showing tonight.  

Don’t know, just got a funny feeling that Gus is on his way back 😙

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I think overall Jim should be worried however, he looks to have been set up as a fool by the board when he came out and said how brave they were to hold onto Kyle then two days later sell him. Pretty sure this will be his last or 2nd last game. 

I sincerely hope you’re right!!

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Dont understand why McAllister didnt come on for Junior in the last 10-15 mins of the match.

Junior was trying his best to drive forward in the latter stages of the match but was absolutely knackered. McAllister would have been the ideal replacement.

2 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Goodwin has to take the blame for that. I love him and have been a massive supporter of him but with wide players blowing out their arse for the last half hour chasing the ball for JG to refuse to make a sub is unacceptable. I’m not sure whether he’s trying to make a point to the board re Magennis with the four subs and refusal to make a substitution but that was what stopped us from taking a point tonight.

Blame Obika and Morias all you want but at the end of the day we’ve two knackered players playing wide in Morias and McGrath running through treacle, you have to sub them off to give us an opportunity. 

I said before the game he was trying to prove a point. 

No subs being used was driving that home and he has clearly made that statement but it appears he's did so to the detriment of the team.