Aberdeen v St Mirren Friday 2nd Oct

Long John Baldy

Here's what is sadly once again the teams we seem to be competing with.
Hamilton and Livingstone
Teams with tiny supports, teams with smaller budgets than us, teams above us yet again.

Nine players on their bench,
Accies bringing on 4 players who then pulled back 2 goals for them.

TWO players with any game time we had to bring on TWO

...and we didn't even do that.

Something badly wrong.

rele rivals.JPG

8 minutes ago, magnus said:

Now that wouldn't surprise me. I am a huge Tony Fitz fan but I feel angry tonight and it might have nothing to do with him. We do look like a diddy outfit and I doubt Jim is happy with that or prepared to put up with it. Too many bullshitters at the Club.

We've had ONE shot on goal in our last 180 minutes of football. I suppose that's Tony's fault too!!!

5 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
14 minutes ago, mattman said:
Disappointed not to take anything from that, but a much better performance than last weekend. Should be making subs late on though! Another frustrating turn on the st mirren rollercoaster! 

What subs us that Matt.

Any, get all 3 on separate, run the clock down, go full Livingston on them!

21 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Same old same old. Aw we were unlucky. Sick hearing that shite. Aberdeen played poorly and still beat us. Sorry to say that 6 in a row. Time for a change and not just the manager. Club is in a worse state as I've ever seen it. 4 subs 1 goalie. 1 youth player and 2 wingers. Shambolic.

Thought you were done if Magennis was sold? Just waiting on official confirmation?

23 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

We've had ONE shot on goal in our last 180 minutes of football. I suppose that's Tony's fault too!!!

12 shots on goal we've managed in 6 FULL GAMES

We're averaging ONE shot at goal in a each 45 minute half of football over the last 6 games

9 HOURS of football - 12 shots on goal

12 shots.JPG

52 minutes ago, HSS said:

I can see JG being out the door soon but thru his own choice.He is absolutely spitting feathers.

Aye. Perfect opportunity to use the sale of a player who spends half his time injured as a smokescreen for his own incompetence.

I personally couldn’t give a shit if he walks or is pushed.  As long as he goes.

24 minutes ago, WirralSaint said:

12 shots on goal we've managed in 6 FULL GAMES

We're averaging ONE shot at goal in a each 45 minute half of football over the last 6 games

9 HOURS of football - 12 shots on goal

12 shots.JPG

Its actually 12 shots on target, not on goal. 60 shots on goal in six games.

Well, a quote of “think that will be the end of my St.Mirren watching time” indicates that you are chucking it in completely. 
Looks like it. But could pick and choose my games like last years. In the last few years I dont go to Aberdeen or Caley or County. And never went to the play off game in Dundee. Went to a few game last year that I didn't want go to. But my 9 year old nephew want me to take him and I didn't Want to let him down. And def don't want to go to games in summer and Autumn months. Other things to do now.

7 minutes ago, st jock said:

I've calmed down a wee bit now. Still mad at JG for not using the subs but will wait to hear what he says. There's something not quite right at the club regardless of opinions on whether Magennis is good/ fit enough. Was JG given assurances Kyle would be kept? If so, then the board are stitching him up. Last ten years or so we haven't been able to kick on. Why not? Killie, fakes and Motherwell are light years ahead of us. Why? Even the change of board hasn't progressed us. What's going on with the Kibble? Who's calling the shots? I am currently paying money in to the club via SMISA every month on top of my season ticket and I have no idea whats going on. Shambles.

Is GS even at the club any more ? Heard a few whispers recently that kibble are calling all shots and he’s taken a back seat. Anybody else heard similar ?

Just watched the game an alba

Obika and Erwin are hopeless and will surely get us relegated 

and If Jim couldn't see Morias legs had gone in the last 10 mins he's in the wrong job, cost us the second goal 

Spot on post. Just got to hope Obika comes good again. But by the time that happens it could be too late. As for Erwin couldnt agree more.

Just in from the N/S, watched the Erhahon goal then deleted the match.

Disappointing to take nothing from a game after taking the lead, I expect us to lose more games than we'll win in the top flight - that's why when we get our noses in front it's vital that we take something from the game.

If Magennis goes it's vital that we find a "winner" someone like Anton Ferdinand who's gonna lead us on the field.

Off to bed!

I actually feel more confident after that display. Up until last night I hated the way the team were set up sitting too deep; never getting support to the front players and no enegy in midfield. Last night we improved on all of that.

The midfield were excellent and peronally I would be more angry if it was Cammy that was moving to Hibs. Hopefully Jim learned a lot from last night. Strikers are still a real problem though. Dennis may be the answer or else we sign someone else before the window closes.

We deserved a draw last night and didn't get it. The board need a few last minute signings to make up for the loss of Magennis or i can see us struggling big style. I know we can't get a settled team on the park recently but that's what a squad is for and other teams seem to cope. Time to back Jim BOD instead of undermining him,

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We deserved a draw last night and didn't get it. The board need a few last minute signings to make up for the loss of Magennis or i can see us struggling big style. I know we can't get a settled team on the park recently but that's what a squad is for and other teams seem to cope. Time to back Jim BOD instead of undermining him,

How do you know the board are undermining him?

We've signed plenty of players, although some positions seem to have been overlooked.

I don't see that as the board's issue. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How do you know the board are undermining him?

We've signed plenty of players, although some positions seem to have been overlooked.

I don't see that as the board's issue. 

He was our captain, Jim clearly saw him central to the team and was looking forward to having one of our better players back. I think judging from Jim's reaction to the subject in interviews it's clear he was assured Kyle was staying. We badly need a consistent striker, Obika blows hot and cold and Morais isn't a striker, so he's getting used out of position. It's unfair to pick on Dennis and Erwin at this stage, one is injured and the other is still trying to settle in,

Edited by proudtobeabuddy