Gus McPherson

This could be wrong what I'm writing. But here goes. And I can't believe I'm saying it. But since Gus left our recruitment has been poor. SMISA pay £8000. Into the club for various projects. Pro tem can we not use that money to pay Gus until fans are allowed back into the Stadium. When he was at the club we brought in some good Players. My fav was Popescu. Who I've been lucky enough to keep in touch with. Just a thought. Just wondered what other fan's thought. Maybe SMISA can't do that. I dont know.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

This could be wrong what I'm writing. But here goes. And I can't believe I'm saying it. But since Gus left our recruitment has been poor. SMISA pay £8000. Into the club for various projects. Pro tem can we not use that money to pay Gus until fans are allowed back into the Stadium. When he was at the club we brought in some good Players. My fav was Popescu. Who I've been lucky enough to keep in touch with. Just a thought. Just wondered what other fan's thought. Maybe SMISA can't do that. I dont know.

Gus didn't have anything to do with the Eastern Europeans. 

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

OK. I dont know that. Who did?? Cos he was away abroad a lot looking at players I know that much. 

It was a European agent the club used , supposedly.  From what I heard ( good source but not set in stone), Gus didn't fancy Hladky, Popescu etc and it was Kearney that wanted them.

12 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I’d take Gus’s team over this one . This team is playing a very dull brand of football. 

You're complaining about dull football and think the way to solve that is Gus MacPherson?!

5 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

To be honest, if the current team could get us to a national final and finish in 9th place I would bite your hand off 

Not looking likely at the moment. I am less disappointed in Jim tonight. The team played hard for him. Maybe he could have used the subs better. I am more annoyed at the Board accepting an offer from 🐍 Ross and disappointed that Kyle was so keen to f**k off. Against that backdrop Jim and the team played a good game and were extremely unlucky not to get a point.

Edited by magnus

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Not looking likely at the moment. I am less disappointed in Jim tonight. The team played hard for him. Maybe he could have used the subs better. I am more annoyed at the Board accepting an offer for Ross and dissppointed that Kyle was so keen to f**k off. Against that backdrop Jim and the team played a good game and were extremely unlucky not to get s point.

Aberdeen fans elsewhere saying that they are amazed we didn't use subs in the closing stages to kill time, and kill the game . If JGs trying to prove a point , he'll be the loser !

Just now, billyg said:

Aberdeen fans elsewhere saying that they are amazed we didn't use subs in the closing stages to kill time, and kill the game . If JGs trying to prove a point , he'll be the loser !

Maybe the board sold our prize asset to prove a point also. Something doesn't seem right.

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Genuinely don't think he was making a point. Morias was putting in some shift and was battling well against Hayes. I would have been in 2 minds about bringing on McAllister, Dhurmus or Connolly for Morias because all 3 are inconsistent and pretty shite defensively. 

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Genuinely don't think he was making a point. Morias was putting in some shift and was battling well against Hayes. I would have been in 2 minds about bringing on McAllister, Dhurmus or Connolly for Morias because all 3 are inconsistent and pretty shite defensively. 

Connolly wasn't on the bench,  injured supposedly. 

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

Yes forgot that. Lewis Jamieson - don't really know enough about him. I would probably have made the same mistake as Jim tonight.

We were 1min of injury time away from a very creditable draw. If that shot from the Aberdeen player had been blocked,  do you think there would have been the same reaction? Me neither. 

On 10/2/2020 at 10:45 PM, munoz said:

We were 1min of injury time away from a very creditable draw. If that shot from the Aberdeen player had been blocked,  do you think there would have been the same reaction? Me neither. 

You are completely missing the point Munoz.

Until the last 20 minutes Aberdeen hadn’t even looked like scoring. Once they equalised and we got tired you could see the winner coming all the way. 
It was a shocking dereliction of duty y Goodwin. 
And as for you saying you’d probably have made he same mistake. You are not paid to be a professional football manager. 

50 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You are completely missing the point Munoz.

Until the last 20 minutes Aberdeen hadn’t even looked like scoring. Once they equalised and we got tired you could see the winner coming all the way. 
It was a shocking dereliction of duty y Goodwin. 
And as for you saying you’d probably have made he same mistake. You are not paid to be a professional football manager. 

Given the way that both Durmus and McAllister have defended so far this season, a player who was tired, but defending well, would still be seen as a better option by many.

McAllister in particular has a habit of making clumsy tackles at the edge of the box and conceding free kicks. He rarely tracks back either.

If either of those players had come on and failed to tackle/pick up his man, resulting in a goal, Goodwin would be getting pelters for putting on a player who can't defend well. They haven't even been effective as an "out ball", as they constantly give possession away.

He couldn't win (literally) really. Very fine margins indeed.