Gus McPherson

45 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You are completely missing the point Munoz.

Until the last 20 minutes Aberdeen hadn’t even looked like scoring. Once they equalised and we got tired you could see the winner coming all the way. 
It was a shocking dereliction of duty y Goodwin. 
And as for you saying you’d probably have made he same mistake. You are not paid to be a professional football manager. 

Totally agree,  a blind man could see Morias legs had gone,  the only positive thing I can see in him is his ability to put in a shift and that had gone,  but Jim wasn't the only one who couldn't see that in the last minute Sheron plays a 50yd pass over his head for him to chase down unbelievable,  

31 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Given the way that both Durmus and McAllister have defended so far this season, a player who was tired, but defending well, would still be seen as a better option by many.

McAllister in particular has a habit of making clumsy tackles at the edge of the box and conceding free kicks. He rarely tracks back either.

If either of those players had come on and failed to tackle/pick up his man, resulting in a goal, Goodwin would be getting pelters for putting on a player who can't defend well. They haven't even been effective as an "out ball", as they constantly give possession away.

He couldn't win (literally) really. Very fine margins indeed.

FFS FTOF it’s not about McAllister or Durmus’s ability to defend. It’s about fresh legs and the ability to relieve pressure. How is Morias defending well when Hayes and co are going past him like he’s running in treacle? I’m not saying he hadn’t put a shift in, but he was done with 15 to go. 
Find me another game in the country where a manager didn’t make a single substitution. 
You are defending the indefensible. 

57 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

FFS FTOF it’s not about McAllister or Durmus’s ability to defend. It’s about fresh legs and the ability to relieve pressure. How is Morias defending well when Hayes and co are going past him like he’s running in treacle? I’m not saying he hadn’t put a shift in, but he was done with 15 to go. 
Find me another game in the country where a manager didn’t make a single substitution. 
You are defending the indefensible. 

Which, as I have pointed out, neither McAllister or Durmus seem capable of doing this season as they have been pish.

I'd wager that if either had come on they would have spent the time running about, on their "fresh legs", barely touching the ball and failing to make a tackle.

Also, going from what I've seen this season, Hayes would have been running past McAllister and Durmus, even with their "fresh legs".

I'm not defending the indefensible IMO.

We'll agree to disagree.

Edited by FTOF

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I reckon that any other time, Jim WOULD have made the substitutions and we would have got a point...

But only 4 on the bench and no subs used was a message to the board re the sale of Magennis and need for further recruits.

And if we get relegated by 1 point, I hope he’s proud of his little petulant statement. 

58 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Which, as I have pointed out, neither McAllister or Durmus seem capable of doing this season as they have been pish.

I'd wager that if either had come on they would have spent the time running about, on their "fresh legs", barely touching the ball and failing to make a tackle.

Also, going from what I've seen this season, Hayes would have been running past McAllister and Durmus, even with their "fresh legs".

I'm not defending the indefensible IMO.

We'll agree to disagree.

So let me get this straight. 
You’re saying that had he subbed Morias (who a blind man could see was running on empty) and we’d still lost due to the lack of ability of McAllister or Durmus to stem the tide, folk would’ve been up in arms at him subbing Morias??

Aye, let’s agree to disagree on that! 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, I would suggest that he did that as some sort of statement is stretching things to unimaginable lengths. 

I think thiz is exactly what Goodwin is all about. Not surprised one bit...

• 5 months later...
So let me get this straight. 
You’re saying that had he subbed Morias (who a blind man could see was running on empty) and we’d still lost due to the lack of ability of McAllister or Durmus to stem the tide, folk would’ve been up in arms at him subbing Morias??
Aye, let’s agree to disagree on that! 
Are we talking about the same Morias who can't get a game for Borham Wood. [emoji849]

17 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

They won last night for the first time in ten games!

Good luck Gus and Andy. I wish them well.

My bad not even checking , thought they had been doing not bad with what was going on down there , no food , manager, players and feck knows  what else , but Gus is now at the wheel.

11 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
15 hours ago, linwood buddie said:
My bad not even checking , thought they had been doing not bad with what was going on down there , no food , manager, players and feck knows  what else , but Gus is now at the wheel.

No doubt about it, things are very wrong behind the scenes there.

Are the Sleazedales still involved?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not to my knowledge.
Rae's sweetie company are the main backers afaik.
Were the Easdales not more interested in Ibroke?

They are there on the board.

They lost a fortune at Ibrox as they were the only ones actually putting money in.

They are behind the move to move away from Cappielow to the auld IBM site

They are there on the board.
They lost a fortune at Ibrox as they were the only ones actually putting money in.
They are behind the move to move away from Cappielow to the auld IBM site
Interesting... They are not and haven't been registered as Directors at Companies House... Either in the football club or the property division!

Are they banned from holding such an office?