Jump to content

Gus McPherson


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

 

They are behind the move to move away from Cappielow to the auld IBM site

That’s not going to happen anytime in the near future

They are going down the Fan Owned route like ourselves but........the fans would own the club but not the stadium.Dangerous route to go down as they could find themselves homeless overnight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Are the Sleazedales still involved?

My ex workmate  who supports them said the Easdales wanted the club but wouldn't take the debt on.

Sweetie man is wanting something back from what his father paid in before the club goes to someone else. 

As others had said, the supporters would only get the team, not the ground. 

They are certainly in a bad way, and it is only the money (500K i think) that they got from the guy who gave all the clubs cash, that will get them to the end of the season. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Are the Sleazedales still involved?

They're plenty involved behind the scenes "Windae Cleaner" and through McGills pay for loads of stuff including all the youth level teams (when Covid allows). There's very little they're not involved in down this way unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HSS said:

That’s not going to happen anytime in the near future

They are going down the Fan Owned route like ourselves but........the fans would own the club but not the stadium.Dangerous route to go down as they could find themselves homeless overnight.

It might be a shorter time than you'd think HSS, both the IBM site and the Power Station site are going through a local consultation process at the moment and I've a wee feeling that Planning won't be as difficult to get as it was pre-Covid, the Council will allow just about anything to drive jobs in the area no matter how short-term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

They're plenty involved behind the scenes "Windae Cleaner" and through McGills pay for loads of stuff including all the youth level teams (when Covid allows). There's very little they're not involved in down this way unfortunately.

I would assume they pay for stuff like youth teams through mc gills as a tax dodge for bus company. Having read up about owners and indeed some mc gills reviews it wouldn't surprise me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

It might be a shorter time than you'd think HSS, both the IBM site and the Power Station site are going through a local consultation process at the moment and I've a wee feeling that Planning won't be as difficult to get as it was pre-Covid, the Council will allow just about anything to drive jobs in the area no matter how short-term.

So who is going to fund the build of a new stadium?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

So who is going to fund the build of a new stadium?

This is where it gets interesting HSS....what I have heard is that  the Easedale's want the land at Cappielow, they own absolutely everything else in that area and it would be worth quite a lot to them financially. They also own the site at IBM now so the land would effectively be free.....I'm guessing what they would build would be fairly basic but would be purpose built, by the Easdales, for modern football whereas Cappielow is in some state and it costs a fortune just to keep it as it is.

Edited by WeeBud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

This is where it gets interesting HSS....what I have heard is that  the Easedale's want the land at Cappielow, they own absolutely everything else in that area and it would be worth quite a lot to them financially. They also own the site at IBM now so the land would effectively be free.....I'm guessing what they would build would be fairly basic but would be purpose built for modern football whereas Cappielow is in some state and it costs a fortune just to keep it as it is.

 In which case there must be a major development in pipeline which would include the land on which cappielow stands. As they own the IBM site like you said it would cost far less to develop. Morton unlike down here at least have the chance of this. We have a short sighted council who have the lease on 2 stadiums in workington which need large amounts of investment. A new stadium was approved by previous regime, then taken away after a couple of major companies had invested in area on the basis on new stadium being built.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

This is where it gets interesting HSS....what I have heard is that  the Easedale's want the land at Cappielow, they own absolutely everything else in that area and it would be worth quite a lot to them financially. They also own the site at IBM now so the land would effectively be free.....I'm guessing what they would build would be fairly basic but would be purpose built, by the Easdales, for modern football whereas Cappielow is in some state and it costs a fortune just to keep it as it is.

I would imagine the crappielow land would only be suitable for industrial use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

I would imagine the crappielow land would only be suitable for industrial use?

I'd think so HSS and i believe they also own the land across from Cappielow where the car park  and all the land stretching to the old indoor bowling rink (or cohorts of theirs do). There has always been chat of Asda coming to Greenock and don't whether that may be seen as a suitable site if they had it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

This is where it gets interesting HSS....what I have heard is that  the Easedale's want the land at Cappielow, they own absolutely everything else in that area and it would be worth quite a lot to them financially. They also own the site at IBM now so the land would effectively be free.....I'm guessing what they would build would be fairly basic but would be purpose built, by the Easdales, for modern football whereas Cappielow is in some state and it costs a fortune just to keep it as it is.

I wouldn't fancy going home via the M8 on a supporters bus if they ended up at the IBM site  :lol:

Down the A78 toward Largs and back through Kilbirnie would be safer   :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not necessarily.

There's plenty of housing behind the stadium away from the main road.

Only on the other side of the railway, I would expect the land would either be industrial or supermarket retail on that site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Only on the other side of the railway, I would expect the land would either be industrial or supermarket retail on that site.

I noticed when I was down that way last week that there’s loads of new housing at the Dock across from Sinclair St

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...