TV Coverage

Last night I had to switch off the sound on the TV coverage because our commentator annoyed me so much. I didn't go on to Aberdeen sound as that would have annoyed me even more. The same guy also ruined things for me last home game. He is juvenile and can't stop prattling. It didn't help that the sound was in front of the picture so I knew Ethan had scored before he hit the ball. I don't have a commentary when I sit at a match live apart from an idiot a few seats along. Can we please get the old commentator back.

15 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Last night I had to switch off the sound on the TV coverage because our commentator annoyed me so much. I didn't go on to Aberdeen sound as that would have annoyed me even more. The same guy also ruined things for me last home game. He is juvenile and can't stop prattling. It didn't help that the sound was in front of the picture so I knew Ethan had scored before he hit the ball. I don't have a commentary when I sit at a match live apart from an idiot a few seats along. Can we please get the old commentator back.

Listened to our commentary last night and I was a bit frustrated that they didn’t talk much at the Aberdeen goals, so had no idea what was going on. 

• 2 months later...
I’d love it if it was a repeat of the Mowbray 4-0 game. 

B1628C4D-E6C2-45B0-96F9-30BE8346A378.jpeg.07b3727da92e5a30706d917aa9d15eae.jpeg

We only beat Celtic that night 4-0 because we were playing a team trying to get their manager sacked.

The points were very welcome and necessary regardless in our usual relegation fight.

We lost to 9 ( NINE ) men a matter of days previous ffs !

The team downed tools. It even happens in the English top flight.

6 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

We only beat Celtic that night 4-0 because we were playing a team trying to get their manager sacked.

The points were very welcome and necessary regardless in our usual relegation fight.

We lost to 9 ( NINE ) men a matter of days previous ffs !

The team downed tools. It even happens in the English top flight.

Were you at the game? I doubt you were, because Celtic were all over us in the first half, it was only a couple of good saves that stopped Celtic from doing what they usually do to Stmirren, beat them. 

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

That’s the way I remember it too. There were many empty seats in the home end that night who regret not being there.

After the worst ever experience in my time supporting Saints against Oldco in the cup final, it brought home to me just why I support this wonderful club. 

I loved watching the Celtic fans throwing scarves and tantrums just feet away. I’d love to see us do the same to a Neil Lennon side live on Sky. 

Look at that team, look at this team......................................that would give you a clue how this will go. 

Were you at the game? I doubt you were, because Celtic were all over us in the first half, it was only a couple of good saves that stopped Celtic from doing what they usually do to Stmirren, beat them. 

Yes, we were. It’s very easy to have possession and not put the ball in the net.

We beat a team trying to get their manager sacked.

We disagree on that,but over 40 years of watching St Mirren, that’ll remain my view.

Still, it was obviously a welcome and important win no doubt.

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

That’s the way I remember it too. There were many empty seats in the home end that night who regret not being there.

After the worst ever experience in my time supporting Saints against Oldco in the cup final, it brought home to me just why I support this wonderful club. 

I loved watching the Celtic fans throwing scarves and tantrums just feet away. I’d love to see us do the same to a Neil Lennon side live on Sky. 

Me and the boy had been to the cup final on the Sunday and he was scunnered so decided to stay home and watch Barcelona v Osusuna that night, I was texting him as the goals kept going in and he couldn’t believe it. He hadn’t missed a saints home game all season. 

8 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Yes, we were. It’s very easy to have possession and not put the ball in the net.

We beat a team trying to get their manager sacked.

We disagree on that,but over 40 years of watching St Mirren, that’ll remain my view.

Still, it was obviously a welcome and important win no doubt.

Over 40 years watching stmirren and you can’t find some pleasure in a 4-0 result against the old firm? 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Look at that team, look at this team......................................that would give you a clue how this will go. 

Sorry faraway but got to disagree, we had absolutely no right to win that night against Celtic, no matter how poor Celtic were perceived to be. Every thing went right for us that night and everything went wrong for Celtic. It could happen again but the law of averages comes into play. 

18 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Sorry faraway but got to disagree, we had absolutely no right to win that night against Celtic, no matter how poor Celtic were perceived to be. Every thing went right for us that night and everything went wrong for Celtic. It could happen again but the law of averages comes into play. 

Who said we had any right? 

We had a team that is light years away from the current team, THAT was my point.