Transfer Deadline Day

26 minutes ago, billyg said:
 Thu 01 Oct 2020

Coventry will be without Brandon Mason for Friday’s meeting with Bournemouth after the left-back was ruled out for up to two months with medial ligament damage suffered in training this week.

FFS, is that true?

And a few other places.  
surprising.
medial ligament damage... 8weeks out...recovery.
 Lucky it’s the international break, so he can be worked on... :rolleyes:

Does seem very strange and a huge gamble!

Obviously hoping not to need him in the short term... when we could do with him! [emoji850]

Maybe the injury isn't as bad as feared, and Coventry are happy for him to continue his recovery with us... and he is so good we wouldn't have got him otherwise.

We have a good record of classy loaners from Coventry! [emoji850]

Do you think perhaps being "sent to Paisley" is the new punishment?

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Does seem very strange and a huge gamble!

Obviously hoping not to need him in the short term... when we could do with him! emoji850.png

Maybe the injury isn't as bad as feared, and Coventry are happy for him to continue his recovery with us... and he is so good we wouldn't have got him otherwise.

We have a good record of classy loaners from Coventry! emoji850.png

Do you think perhaps being "sent to Paisley" is the new punishment?

They are still pissed that they won 2021 status 😂

8 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Sold the club captain and brought in 2 loanees ,one who it would appear in injured with an injury that could take about 8 weeks to recovery from ......What the f*ck St Mirren , What the f*ck are you doing?

Can safely say , it wasn't the best transfer deadline day.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

You've not mentioned this about the manager before. 

Thought i had, sooner he is away the better for the whole club imo...

Edited by Guest

We know this board are pretty useless. But if this player is injured who sanctioned this signing. They've plummeted to new depth of incompetence. Surely they know its time to move on and take kibble with them. It's time someone fell on there sword. Our sacked. And should be who has the final say on recruitment. Turning the club into a joke.

I think we have done ok. One young player out, two young players in. We have lost a player with excellent potential, but have secured an attacking left back, which I think will allow us to get more crosses into the box, and have also signed cover for our defence. Flynn will be coming back soon and will strengthen the midfield. Good luck to Kyle. 

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well that was all a little bit underwhelming. What we are needing is, in the parlance, "a winner" like Stephen McGinn or Rio Ferdinand who can galvanise the rest of the squad - I'm away to sacrifice a few chickens! 👹 

Shaughnessy,  Tait or Foley could and should be that type of player. 

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Are you actually being serious?

We have lost our captain who was due back soon and replaced him with one injured left back(6-8 weeks) and another defender from someone else’s academy who has no experience of the top league. 

Our new left back will be ready soon too. St Mirren have always moved good players on, and other good players have come through the ranks and replaced them, it's what happens at St Mirren, it's nothing new. 

I think we have done ok. One young player out, two young players in. We have lost a player with excellent potential, but have secured an attacking left back, which I think will allow us to get more crosses into the box, and have also signed cover for our defence. Flynn will be coming back soon and will strengthen the midfield. Good luck to Kyle. 
You on glue or drugs?? We also let a experienced CB jack baird go. And bring in a untried kid and a guy who's injured for 6 to 8 weeks. Keep taking your medication bud.