Brandon Mason

46 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Actually old boy, I think perhaps YOU are the embarrassment, the lad wanted to go and could have gone for free (or development money only) in January, so tell me what would you have done, he had been offered aa 4 year deal and didn't want to sign.  OK; so did he take an unfair advantage and wait till he recovered from his injury and then decide to leave? Some might think so, but he was injured as a St Mirren player and entitled to receive the best treatment we could give him.  Are we happy about it? No we are not.  But has the lad done anything untoward? No he hasn't, so we suck it up and move on.  Do people like yourself; running down members of our squad help?  Is it at all productive?  Possibly not would be my take on that question, we are St Mirren. we support our team...............ALWAYS. COYS.

Correct. The idea that Magennis wanted to stay is laughable. 5 year deal at Hibs to stay at SMFC, do me a favour. 

So the club have done the right thing. Take the money, get thro COVID and see if there is enough for Jan window. 

By Jan we will also know if Goodwin is cutting it and probably well before.

Goodwin has to get on with it. The squad showed on Friday evening what it can do and its his job to get that level of performance and commitment from now on. 

SMFC made a silly statement to placate a number of moron fans when they should have held their dignity and let Magennis go with grace.

Edited by lenziebud

13 hours ago, Katie Bear said:

Seems a bit of a chancer barely out of school with 1 yr of HND course but advertising himself like Scotland's foremost sports broadcaster/journo

ben.JPG

Chancer?????  To me he is showing great initiative and drive. He regularly writes about all aspects of Scottish football far more incisively and intelligently than Tom English who is the Chief Sports writer on BBC Scotland. His video calls with players at home are insightful. But most of all his content is not about the Old Firm - unheard of in Scottish media.

But he is only 19 with an HND so he must be shite.

40 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Chancer?????  To me he is showing great initiative and drive. He regularly writes about all aspects of Scottish football far more incisively and intelligently than Tom English who is the Chief Sports writer on BBC Scotland. His video calls with players at home are insightful. But most of all his content is not about the Old Firm - unheard of in Scottish media.

Good luck to the wee guy.. will be tuning in in future 👍

Totally agree.
I admire the work the lad is doing and the initiative he has shown.
I've also enjoyed a number of his articles.

This has been posted before, but try it for the 33 minutes.

Both the interviewer and Cody Cooke are articulate, very insightful and honest. More of this style of blog is great for the fans and to hear a player I liked, and sorry he didn't quite make it, is really interesting to hear.

Power to his elbow!

Edited by The Original 59er

12 hours ago, jaybee said:

Actually old boy, I think perhaps YOU are the embarrassment, the lad wanted to go and could have gone for free (or development money only) in January, so tell me what would you have done, he had been offered aa 4 year deal and didn't want to sign.  OK; so did he take an unfair advantage and wait till he recovered from his injury and then decide to leave? Some might think so, but he was injured as a St Mirren player and entitled to receive the best treatment we could give him.  Are we happy about it? No we are not.  But has the lad done anything untoward? No he hasn't, so we suck it up and move on.  Do people like yourself; running down members of our squad help?  Is it at all productive?  Possibly not would be my take on that question, we are St Mirren. we support our team...............ALWAYS. COYS.

I wouldn't focus solely on the passing of McGennis, the main point of that post is the kind of player coming in compared to how the opposition are performing in that department.  So largely, his points are correct and well aimed.

Just now, The Original 59er said:

This has been posted before, but try it for the 33 minutes.

Both the interviewer and Cody Cooke are articulate, very insightful and honest. More of this style of blog is great for the fans and to hear a player I liked, and sorry he didn't quite make it, is really interesting to here.

Power to his elbow!

Oooops. :lol:

Have to say I thought we were the better side against Dons and were very very unlucky not to take something from the game for fcuks sake even Willie Miller admitted as much.Yes I think Jim could have used subs to run down the clock but we have to remember his choices were very limited oh and yes we had SIX senior players unavailable onwards and upwards COYS

7 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Have to say I thought we were the better side against Dons and were very very unlucky not to take something from the game for fcuks sake even Willie Miller admitted as much.Yes I think Jim could have used subs to run down the clock but we have to remember his choices were very limited oh and yes we had SIX senior players unavailable onwards and upwards COYS

Why did you quote jaybee? :blink:

14 hours ago, jaybee said:

Your a happy clapper who will clearly accept anything. When did I also run any player down in this ? Kyle was a very good player who I feel would have made a big difference in our attempt to avoid relegation. It annoys me as I am sure it must annoy you that we no longer have his services. Sure the club may well have offered him a new deal and he might have decided his future lay elsewhere but I still feel he will be a loss and you can bet any player incoming won’t have his pedigree. 
I also think we need to try and a avoid  losing Players for transfer fees that will be below their value. 
My point was that the clubs statements were embarrassing and this I think is a view shared by the bulk of our support. No player was ever mentioned and I am certain that without our captain the job just became a little harder .

Finally to suggest being critical of a situation means I don’t support the team is ridiculous . I often say that this website gives a platform for discussion and yes a good moan at the problems we face. It’s nothing more than this and on matchday the team home and away can rely on my unconditional support “Old boy”

3 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I also think we need to try and a avoid  losing Players for transfer fees that will be below their value. 

Do you genuinely think that nobody on the board has considered this to be a problem?

You do realise that all of our recent player sales (McLean, McGinn, MaGennis) have come when the player is at the end of their contract and therefore we have no negotiation power at all?

You can't force another club to make a bid when a player is mid-contract, you can't force a bidding war when only one club has made a bid and you absolutely cannot force an employee to stay beyond their contract when they want to try something new.

I'm as disappointed as anyone to see Kyle go but the lack of even a basic understanding from our fans about how the real world works is exhausting to watch.

43 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I don’t have any info my point is that the club should have handled it a wee bit better. I think it’s time to move on and let’s see if Jim can get a few results. 

Agreed. But we should be told the fee. No good reason not too. BoD too used to keeping supporters and part owners in the dark. Not good enough.

5 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Your a happy clapper who will clearly accept anything. When did I also run any player down in this ? Kyle was a very good player who I feel would have made a big difference in our attempt to avoid relegation. It annoys me as I am sure it must annoy you that we no longer have his services. Sure the club may well have offered him a new deal and he might have decided his future lay elsewhere but I still feel he will be a loss and you can bet any player incoming won’t have his pedigree. 
My point was that the clubs statements were embarrassing and this I think is a view shared by the bulk of our support. No player was ever mentioned and I am certain that without our captain the job just became a little harder .

Finally to suggest being critical of a situation means I don’t support the team is ridiculous . I often say that this website gives a platform for discussion and yes a good moan at the problems we face. It’s nothing more than this and on matchday the team home and away can rely on my unconditional support “Old boy”

No wish to get into a barney with you good sir, old boy or even f*ck face, however you said the squad was "not good enough" and then go on to suggest that six specific players either do not, or will not, meet your seemingly rigorous standards. and I haven't a clue what a happy clapper is.  As for suggesting that you don't support the team, where did that come from? certainly not my post, what I said re yourself was........... "Do people like yourself; running down members of our squad help?  Is it at all productive?  Possibly not would be my take on that question, we are St Mirren. we support our team...............ALWAYS. COYS".   And finally, according to yourself  "this website gives a platform for discussion and yes a good moan at the problems we face."  but it would seem that only applies to your concerns and nobody can comment or criticise your thoughts, in which case I apologise............................................NOT.

15 minutes ago, jaybee said:

No wish to get into a barney with you good sir, old boy or even f*ck face, however you said the squad was "not good enough" and then go on to suggest that six specific players either do not, or will not, meet your seemingly rigorous standards. and I haven't a clue what a happy clapper is.  As for suggesting that you don't support the team, where did that come from? certainly not my post, what I said re yourself was........... "Do people like yourself; running down members of our squad help?  Is it at all productive?  Possibly not would be my take on that question, we are St Mirren. we support our team...............ALWAYS. COYS".   And finally, according to yourself  "this website gives a platform for discussion and yes a good moan at the problems we face."  but it would seem that only applies to your concerns and nobody can comment or criticise your thoughts, in which case I apologise............................................NOT.

F face ? Class act

moving on now

3 hours ago, magnus said:

Agreed. But we should be told the fee. No good reason not too. BoD too used to keeping supporters and part owners in the dark. Not good enough.

Not really concerned about the fee.  No reason why I should want to know. Makes no difference if I did. 

3 hours ago, magnus said:

No idea. Maybe like me they thought the captain wasn't available. 

Well maybe if they enquired they would find this out and potentially upping the cost to buy. If there is only 1 club in for a player who can sign a pca in 2.5 months time the fee is what it is most fees are deemed undisclosed these days because clubs probably dont get what they want even more so now in the current situation as long as some is put back to getting players in as JG eluded to allowed to bring in 2 and look at the free transfer market in coming days