Motherwell (H) - 17/10

Bud the Baker

We should be looking to beat Motherwell who are inconsistent, had a good result up at Aberdeen although Aberdeen are not exactly Bayern Munich but got pumped by a poor Israeli side in the Europa League.

The last thing we need is another defeat, that would take us to..........................fingers, check, yip, 7 league losses on the bounce. 

Prediction, toss of a coin IMO, probably a draw if I had to stick money on it. 

37 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I can't see where another premier win will come from. I've lost all faith in this management team. I hope I'm on here after this game eating humble pie after a rousing win but, I doubt it.

0-2 Motherwell.

I'm with you. The team still lacks balance after 10 games , which is baffling  .Apart from McPherson (if selected) there is no energy in midfield , and the attack is punchless. Durmus looks disinterested , and McAllister is nowhere near his best. Poor displays v M'well and Accies,  and Jimbo could be in bother !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I'm with you. The team still lacks balance after 10 games , which is baffling  .Apart from McPherson (if selected) there is no energy in midfield , and the attack is punchless. Durmus looks disinterested , and McAllister is nowhere near his best. Poor displays v M'well and Accies,  and Jimbo could be in bother !

Badly in need of Flynn back in team.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Whilst I completely agree with your statement and think Flynn is a really solid, consistent performer, we’re going to need a helluva lot more than him coming back to sort this mess out. 

Would do for starters. 

6 hours ago, billyg said:

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Whilst I completely agree with your statement and think Flynn is a really solid, consistent performer, we’re going to need a helluva lot more than him coming back to sort this mess out. 

4 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Flynn is no saviour and has been out for 8 month his impact wont change much I wouldn't think 

Reference to midfield.

9 hours ago, billyg said:

. Durmus looks disinterested...

I wouldn’t blame him looking disinterested.

He ran the QoS full back ragged on Saturday and crossed in ball after ball - all to be squandered.  He was on a good game, I thought... but was hooked, second half.

injury, I believe.  :(

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

We should be looking to beat Motherwell who are inconsistent, had a good result up at Aberdeen although Aberdeen are not exactly Bayern Munich but got pumped by a poor Israeli side in the Europa League.

The last thing we need is another defeat, that would take us to..........................fingers, check, yip, 7 league losses on the bounce. 

No chance, last two games been played off park by lower league opposition and by some misguided fortune or luck got results. No way i can see us betting Well snd expect a 3-0 drubbing..

9 hours ago, antrin said:

He ran the QoS full back ragged on Saturday and crossed in ball after ball - all to be squandered.  He was on a good game, I thought... but was hooked, second half.

Must have watched a different game to me, he did ok nothing more...

11 hours ago, antrin said:

He's been a shadow of the player we saw last season. He scored some really vital goals by coming inside and feeding off knock-downs or through balls . He looks as if he's going through the motions now !

7 hours ago, God of war said:

No chance, last two games been played off park by lower league opposition and by some misguided fortune or luck got results. No way i can see us betting Well snd expect a 3-0 drubbing..

We most certainly weren't played off the park v QotS but I agree with your sentiments re Motherwell.

12 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We most certainly weren't played off the park v QotS but I agree with your sentiments re Motherwell.

We were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down at one point...first half we were lucky to get into their box on a few occasions...ill say it again, Goodwin imo cannot motivate the players and tactically has not a clue.

1 hour ago, God of war said:

We were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down at one point...first half we were lucky to get into their box on a few occasions...ill say it again, Goodwin imo cannot motivate the players and tactically has not a clue.

And I don't disagree with your conclusion about Goodwin but I firmly believe the only reason the team were slow to take control was the state of the pitch. QotS had  better chances but St. Mirren had far and away the bulk of the game ergo, I believe, were NOT played off the park.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

And I don't disagree with your conclusion about Goodwin but I firmly believe the only reason the team were slow to take control was the state of the pitch. QotS had  better chances but St. Mirren had far and away the bulk of the game ergo, I believe, were NOT played off the park.

Agreed. We definitely were not played off the park by QOS.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:41 AM, faraway saint said:

St Mirren 2/1, Motherwell 5/4 with the draw (likely IMO) 12/5

So, we're not favourites at home to a team that's won 2 league games from 9. 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

So what about the Thistle game?