Motherwell (H) - 17/10

Bud the Baker

14 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Whilst most of us don't see McAllister's contribution as significant. I'm not sure that is the case with our manager ?.

If this is the 3 who are affected then I'd say we have got off lightly

Undoubtedly.

You'd like to think that MacPherson would step into replace Erhahon.

Also, if we feel the need to bring on an ineffectual wide player, we've got this season's version of Durmus to bring on, instead of McAllister.:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Just as well it's Motherwell we're playing tomorrow and not Hearts or Dundee.

They're both light years ahead of us in terms of forward/midfield play.

However, there were 4 ex St Mirren players performing at Tynecastle tonight.

Dundee are sh*te :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Just hope Goody stops experimenting and goes back to our best formation, 4-2-3-1, I'd go - Alnwick; Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy  Tait; Foley, Macpherson; Connolly, McGrath, Durmus; Obika. That side might have a chance.

I suspect the reason why we've been playing three at the back, is because we've had one of our four man defence missing each week, and we have had no suitable cover for them.

Not sure what to expect today. Good if it is not defenders out but our play so far this season does not augur well for future. This is when saints typically turn in a decent performance though and win. I am concerned though that we cannot afford to spend lengthy periods propping up this league as the way things are going this season will not be completed and remember last season and Hearts

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I suspect the reason why we've been playing three at the back, is because we've had one of our four man defence missing each week, and we have had no suitable cover for them.

I am not disagreeing with the necessity of 3 at the back however I am concerned about McAllister getting frequent starts when he has not impressed for over a season and McPherson and Connolly not getting the game time their cameo appearances deserve. We need our best 11 to start and compete in every game however we fail to do that IMHO.

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I am not disagreeing with the necessity of 3 at the back however I am concerned about McAllister getting frequent starts when he has not impressed for over a season and McPherson and Connolly not getting the game time their cameo appearances deserve. We need our best 11 to start and compete in every game however we fail to do that IMHO.

I agree, certainly with regards to Connolly. MacPherson probably should be getting more time, but there's more credible competition for a place in midfield IMO.