Jump to content

Cody Cooke


portmahomack saint
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

WEYMOUTH FC 

Played         4

Won             0

Drawn          1

Lost              3

Goals for      0

Against        3

Not exactly pulling up trees is our Cody 

Another pile of junk. Funny thing is many thought he was ok ?

The same as our other super star striker Gavin Reilly who many thought we couldn't do without at Premiership level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Another pile of junk. Funny thing is many thought he was ok ?

The same as our other super star striker Gavin Reilly who many thought we couldn't do without at Premiership level. 

Now playing for Carlisle United https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2020/august/contract-gretna-born-forward-joins-united/

Not the worst striker we’ve had let’s be honest.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

Now playing for Carlisle United https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2020/august/contract-gretna-born-forward-joins-united/

Not the worst striker we’ve had let’s be honest.

 

 

 

True but not Premiership level and done next to zero since going to England.

Did a good job for us in Championship but the adulation of him by a number of fans I just couldn't get ?. Maybe its just me 😀

Its like Cody Cooke gets a fluky hat-trick at Dundee and all of a sudden Cody is the man when it was plain to all and sundry he wasn't near good enough

Edited by lenziebud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

True but not Premiership level and done next to zero since going to England.
Did a good job for us in Championship but the adulation of him by a number of fans I just couldn't get ?. Maybe its just me 
Its like Cody Cooke gets a fluky hat-trick at Dundee and all of a sudden Cody is the man when it was plain to all and sundry he wasn't near good enough

Would you rather have him or Danny Mullen as an option from the bench rather than Junior?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cody Cooke, who always presented as a very nice lad,  got a surprising and hugely welcomed hat-trick on one of his appearances as a sub.  This was warmly welcomed by W6 and all others and he shared his jubilation withe W6.

If not for that (fine match-winning contribution) I doubt he would have been noticed missing.

 

I liked him but he never got enough game time to make it even a semi-regular habit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Another pile of junk. Funny thing is many thought he was ok ?

 

In fairness to the boy, he was offered a chance, probably much to his surprised, took it, why not.  

But who's responsible for thinking he could be capably of taking the leap from The National League to The Scottish Premiership. 

 

 

Edited by pod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, pod said:

In fairness to the boy, he was offered a chance, probably much to his surprised, took it, why not.  

But who's responsible for thinking he could be capably of taking the leap from The National League to The Scottish Premiership. 

 

 

Yes we gave a him a chance but we soon realised he wasn't up to the task,  hence the reason we had to bring in goal snatcher Nicolai Brock-Madsen  :whistle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pod said:

Just when you think things couldn't get worse.

Still can’t believe Birmingham paid £480,000 for him. But then I struggle to see why Oli McBurnie cost Sheffield £20,000,000.

English football transfer fees are feckin nuts.

Edited by Yflab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

To be fair to cooke, after reading some of his interview for Bath City he seems quite a sensible lad having left us he had chances to stay with full-time football but chose to go back down south to take back up teaching and playing part-time for Weymouth and now Bath instead of chasing 1 year contracts. Fair play to him.

He did also add that in his time with us he had 3 managers, shortened season and don't forget serious injury.

Who knows a more stable situation clubwise and no serious injury, could have been decent imo

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s probably the last Saints player to score a hat trick in a top league match. Unless my memory is completely fcuked. 🤕

Before him was Thommo versus Ross County IIRC in the 5-4 game.

Who before Thommo only someone like @Eric Arthur Blair or @HSS or @billyg will remember as they tend to be our resident stats guys.

Has to be top flight league matches only mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

To be fair to cooke, after reading some of his interview for Bath City he seems quite a sensible lad having left us he had chances to stay with full-time football but chose to go back down south to take back up teaching and playing part-time for Weymouth and now Bath instead of chasing 1 year contracts. Fair play to him.

He did also add that in his time with us he had 3 managers, shortened season and don't forget serious injury.

Who knows a more stable situation clubwise and no serious injury, could have been decent imo

 

Playing next month just down the road from where I live.  Might wander along.  5 goals in 6 appearances so far I see including penalties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slash said:

He’s probably the last Saints player to score a hat trick in a top league match. Unless my memory is completely fcuked. 🤕

Before him was Thommo versus Ross County IIRC in the 5-4 game.

Who before Thommo only someone like @Eric Arthur Blair or @HSS or @billyg will remember as they tend to be our resident stats guys.

Has to be top flight league matches only mind.

Where to begin?

Thommo never scored 3 v Ross County,he only got 2

He has scored a hat trick for us though and it was against Dunfermline in 2012 in a 4-4 draw which would be our last top league 3

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2011&GameID=201204210

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...